Louisville Adrian Cann ineligible???

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by soccerinstlouis, Nov 10, 2003.

1. soccerinstlouis

soccerinstlouis New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    I've heard Adrian Cann from UofL is ineligible because he played some professional games in Canada over the summer. Can anyone verify that, I can not find any news on it anywhere, but I've noticed he has not played since 10/18. If this is true, is he ineligible for the rest of the year? and how come UofL did not have to forfeit any of their games that he played in?

2. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    It depends on how the NCAA views the infraction, who knew what and when. If it's determined to be major, Louisville could end up forfeiting all of the games in which he played. It looks like he played for York of the CPSL (Canadian Professional Soccer League) in 2002 at least. The CPSL is a pro-am league, but I doubt they have ODP status like the USL/PDL. It could be that, even though he was an amateur, he was deemed to have been rostered with a professional team, which is an NCAA no-no.
    Hard to tell what they'll do.

3. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Louisville should have to forfeit EVERY game in which he played, and they should be ineligible for all postseason action. If the NCAA soccer people have any stones, they'll put the hammer down.

4. simon99

simon99 New Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Montreal, Canada
    something similar happenned to 2 Hartwick College players, who played in the CPSL in Canada for the last 2 summers.

5. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    That would be Taylor and Catana?

6. simon99

simon99 New Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Montreal, Canada
  7. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Thanks. This explains why the NCAA appears to be on the watch for Canadian players within its member schools. With tournament time coming up, possible game forfeitures would cause a good deal of turmoil in the rankings and team selections.

8. soccerinstlouis

soccerinstlouis New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Re: Re: Louisville Adrian Cann ineligible???

C-USA decided not to do anything and let him play in the conference tournament. They of course lost their game and did not make the NCAA tournament so I guess the story is over!