Los primeros 100 juegos de Hugo

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    http://www.esto.com.mx/

thats actually good record considering he took over Pumas when they were experiencing some financial problems as well as internal problems. They havent had money to stock up and mostly have done it young players. For a couple seasons, Pumas' age average was the amongst the lowest in the MFL and thats with having dinosaurs like Brody, Bernal, España on the team whos age was weighted in.

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Hugo wins his 100th oficial game. Good record. Despite the internal problems UNAM faced and the lack of financial resources, Hugo has been able to maximize his roster.

43 wins 29 draws 28 losses

Romano loses his 200th oficial game. Man, I honestly thought he had a much better record than that. He basically has just about the same number of wins and he does losses. And he has everything served on a platter. His every demands are basically met.

It would be interesting to see Lavolpe's record. Thats one guy that has always whined and complained about quitting if he doesnt get the reinforcements he wants.

I am starting to see why Hugo thinks some of these foreign coaches just come here to decieve the general public and steal. How could coaches that basically have everything handed to them have those type of records? mmmm

77 wins 53 draws 70 losses

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What is Beenhakker all time record?

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Or Pasarella?

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    94/95 America
    29GP 18W 7D 4L

95/96 Chivas
    24GP 9W 6D 9L

Apertura 2003
    13GP 5W 4D 4L

32W 17D 17L

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    48.4% efectividad en PG para Leo B
    43% para HUgo sanchez
    38.5% para Romano (solo llega a 3 o 4 finales)
    36.8% para Pasarella (gano una Liguilla)

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Apertura 2002 (14th in the standings)
    5W 7D 7L

Clausura 2003 (3rd in the standings)
    9W 7D 3L
    liguilla
    3W 2D 1L

Apertura 2003 (10th in the standings)
    4W 5D 4L

21W 21D 15L

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seems like he is living off the memories of 94/95, since he is just mediocre since then in Mexico.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Leo shouldnt have never taken the CHivas job. He was hired about 1/3 into the season. The team was not doing good and he didnt have time to pick his team or look at the team.

But when he was with America, he left after the 31st matchday. he left the team at the top of the standings with an average of 2.52 goals. He had won 58 % of the games he played.

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    those were different times.

THe longer seasons were a lot better IMO. It gave the team more time. I read that since the begining of the shorter seasons, there have been less fabricated plays. Those teams were together a lot longer.

But Leo is getting back into the groove. He is getting use to the short season. I questioned him, but he has proven me wrong in some cases.

allowing 3 goals int he last 9 games and scoring 17 goals int hose 9 games. He discovered a diamond in the rough with Alvaro Ortiz. He had never played centerback, and is doing a good job.

2nd best defense in the league as well as 2nd best offense in the league (tied with 2 other teams)

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    los mas efectivos en apertura 2003

neri Pumpido -ARG....69.23 %
    mario acevedo - URUG....67.86 %
    raul arias- Necaxa......64.29 %
    Hugo sanchez -pumas...64.29 %
    Leo B - Holandes .....53.57 %
    Pasarella - ARG......50 %

12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well he has got 6 more games and the 2004 Clausura to justify his contract. If he stays at 500 then I think you can say he came to steal money.

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    its a 2 year contract

Apertura 03
    Clausura 04
    Apertura 04
    Clausura 05

there is a renogotiation clause in the contract with an extension

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    you really think he will put up with the mexican press for that long? He is there for the money and good results, when the results do not go his way.....bye - bye

ask Irapuato or Gallos blancos (3 changes in apertura) or just see Yayo!

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i dont know if you guys saw the whole interview with Carlos Albert from CNI Canal 40.

But everything seemed to be fine until he said, "Lavolpe, you have won 1 title in a 20 year career"

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    you really think he will put up with the mexican press for that long?

The press are on you whether you win or lose. Thats a given in Mexico. I think he knows how to handle the press. Im sure it was worse when he coached Real Madrid, Ajax, and the Netherlands.

He is there for the money and good results, when the results do not go his way.....bye - bye

When America was 19th in the standings, sure he was worried and coach have taken a trip back home.

And yes, the money is always good when you coach America. That too is a given. I hear its 2 million per season

ask Irapuato or Gallos blancos (3 changes in apertura) or just see Yayo!

Well, kind of different. No one expects anything from these teams. 3 coaches have called it quits on thier own.

Like I said, when America was 19th in the standings, they get more press than those 2 teams

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Here is Ricardo Lavolpe's trajectory as a coach.

Oaxtepec 1983-1984
    Ángeles de Puebla 1984-1986
    Atlante 1988-1989
    Guadalajara 1989-1990
    Querétaro 1990-1991
    Atlante 1991-1995
    America Invierno 1996
    Atlas Invierno 97-Verano 01
    Toluca Invierno 01-Invierno 02

As I was looking at some past seasons, it doesnt look too good.

Sure he has had some good seasons.. his best ones are probably the 99 Atlas team more so than the 93 Atlante team that won the title.

But just by the looks of it, its an eternal process with this guy. The results dont look good.

Atlas stuck with him for 8 seasons (4 years) and he didnt produce 1 title.

He has worked for Atlante, America, Chivas, Atlas, Toluca.. teams with money and yet 1 title to show for. Atlas was paying him close to 200K a month

It looks like he is running out of teams that are willing to fork out. His best bet are Pachuca, Morelia, and Cruz Azul. Because after those 3, he didnt do crap for the rest.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Every night on TD they have a section "en angulo de". That spot is usually given to some type of sports analyst or reporter to talk about some sort of issue regarding sports.

Well the editor of "Record" talked about Hugo.

Although he he tried to say that Hugo is this and that and the other, he said that the poeple should acknowledge when some one is doing good and that is what Hugo has been doing.

He said that his record speaks for itself. And since his arrival, the fans have felt it and are starting to partipate more. He has also added that spice to each game. He said that although his team attacks, he is starting to defend when the situation arrives

IMO, i see Hugo holding the cup in less than 2 years. I think he will be very successful as a coach

19. mejulian

mejulian New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Mexico City
    I think we should wait until he achieves something important with Pumas. So far they have improved but still fail on the important games, which is the exact same problem of the Mexican national side.

20. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Que onda Mejulian? Bienvenido a BigSoccer y al foro de Mexico!

21. mejulian

mejulian New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Mexico City
    Gracias =)

Ya tenía algún tiempo buscando un foro de este tipo. ¡Es muy bueno!

Me llamo Julián, vivo en la Cd. de México y mi equipo es Pumas.

Saludos y gracias por la bienvenida.
    Julián

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Reconoce Van Nistelrooy logros de Hugo

El delantero se confiesa admirador del Pentapichichi y aseguró que nadie igualará los cinco títulos de goleo que logró en España

Manchester, Inglaterra (21 octubre 2003).- Lo idolatran en Holanda y en Inglaterra, muchos lo consideran el mejor delantero del mundo en la actualidad, lo perciben como el heredero de aquel monstruo del gol llamado Marco van Basten y, a pesar de todo esto, se confiesa devoto del legado futbolístico que Hugo Sánchez dejó esparcido por las canchas de España.

Es Ruud van Nistelrooy, el punta del Manchester United que desquicia semana a semana los arcos de la Liga Premier y quien percibe los cinco "pichichis" de Hugo Sánchez como una meta que nadie podrá igualar y de la que él, cuando niño, fue testigo.

"Lo que hizo Hugo Sánchez en España no se podrá lograr de nuevo. Cuando era niño, pude ver varios partidos del mexicano con el Real Madrid y era simplemente un gran delantero que no por nada tuvo cinco títulos de goleo.

"Es admirable Sánchez, ha sido uno de los mejores delanteros en la historia. Hay muchas figuras que he seguido y admirado a lo largo de mi carrera, jugadores con los que he jugado y otros a los que vi de niño o supe de ellos, pero creo que ser goleador en España a ese nivel, con el Real Madrid, es algo único y que no creo que pueda ser igualado por nadie", señala Van Nistelrooy.

La longevidad de Hugo dentro de un club como el Real Madrid es, según Ruud, el reflejo de una estrella que dejó su estela, su huella y su vestigio, precisamente dentro de una de las más grandes plantillas merengues en la historia.

"En el futbol actual, es muy difícil que un club español como el Real Madrid mantenga a un jugador en sus filas por tantos años como lo hizo Hugo, en una de las épocas doradas de ese equipo. Eso hace más difícil que sus marcas de goleo sean igualadas o superadas. Yo juego en el United y sería un sueño ser campeón de goleo cinco veces en Inglaterra, no es probable para un jugador hoy en día", reconoce el holandés.

"Se dice que la productividad de un delantero y sus goles no son suficiente razón para mantenerse en un club grande, pero Sánchez lo logró y salió por la puerta grande con marcas bajo el brazo y con el reconocimiento de la gente de Madrid.

http://www.mural.com/deportes/articulo/312700/

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks for the find RDL. Hugo was the man and anybody that tries to tell you differently is whacked.

24. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hugo Sanchez was incredible, i remember the time he retired when they turned off the stadium lights and they put the limelight on him in the middle of field. What a moment that was.

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    BTW, 27 years ago today Hugo Sanchez Marquez debuted in the Mexican first division.

Who would of thought that those fans who were present at the Pumas-Tigres game, witnessed our greatest footballer's debut. Things you never know until much later.

I remember when Blanco debuted. We kind of made fun of his name. And before you know it, its cool to have the name Cuauh or Temoc :D

http://www.mural.com/deportes/articulo/313458/