Los Angeles - San Jose W.C. Semi Game 1 (Sat., 11/1) pregame/during-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Los Angeles - San Jose W.C. Semi Game 1 (Saturday, 11/1) pregame thread

And don't forget that visiting teams are limited to 5 field players and one keeper on the subs list. Home teams can dress their entire squads and make them eligible.

2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO Mullan is the worst right back the Quakes have and I'm glad he'll be back at right mid, where he can exponentially increase the pressure on the Galaxy's backline.

I also think it's gutsy for Yallop to not go with an experienced hand like Ekelund out there at crunch time though on such a big field I can understand it. I'm not a big Russell fan but if he can keep one of the Galaxy's wingers at bay for much of the game, more power to him.

I'm nervous.

I'm happy I'll be at the game.

But I'm nervous.

3. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    ;)
    This is the beauty of soccer.

4. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    i an so ready for this match...

i am hoping toi see the Quakes come out early....seems like they are capable of possessing the ball for long periods of time, give up a counter and a quick goal then lose the plot (vs CO, LA)....I would love to see them come out and put their stamp to the match early...be it with a quick goal of a crunching tackle....

I think back to BA's comments..."First ball, first pass, first tackle, first goal...."

I have a long drive ahead of me and a long drive back...let me ride the adrenalin there and euphoria back...

C'mon you Quakes!!

See you there!!!

5. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    forecast for LA on 11.1:

Tomorrow: Showers ending in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 62F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Tomorrow night: Clear to partly cloudy skies. Low around 50F. Winds light and variable.

6. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

"First foul, first tackle, first shot, first goal."
    1, 2, 3, GO USA!

7. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really wish ERob were in there, im concerned about our defense. With Agoos in the back line our defense is vulnerable to counters. Just a basic lack of footspeed back there opens dangerous space up on the field when the field is exploited verticly.

Scoring on the Galaxy is usually not easy, as when all else fails theyve been able to rely on Hartman to stand on his head this year.

Hopefully the Quakes can get an early lead. We really need Donovan to show up big.

For having the best record in the west the team is not inspiring me with a lot of confidence right now. Really hope they step up collectively.

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Los Angeles - San Jose W.C. Semi Game 1 (Saturday, 11/1) pregame thread

Maybe, but one article that I read, now I can't remember which one, said he is going to take 21 players down to LA (the only one not going was Ching). It said that his decision as to who would dress would be made down there.

9. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank gets to take everyone, but he only gets to dress 16 (or is it 17 this season?). Anyway, he will be limited in his roster, but he can wait to make the decision.

The reverse is true in San Jose. The filth can bring all of their scum, but they will still have the limited road roster.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

10. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark, the Filth always get to pull sh!t, that's why they're the Filth. MLS's Darlings (along with NYNJ).

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How're they pulling *#*#*#*#? :confused:

The rules work the same for us as it does for them. Anyone can travel with the team, but the roster has to be set according to the rules.

12. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks E!

Of course, that doesn't make the evil one not filthy league-favored scum. It just means that at the moment they have to play by the league rules.

My big problem with the evil ones is that they don't have to abide by the salary cap. And in the draft a few years back when they drafted Vagenas and Victorine, it's completely ridiculous to think that no other team was interested in these two guys. They both should have been taken before the filthy scum got a chance to pick anyone. And we can go on endlessly about the Hermosillo and Hernandez fiascos. Sure, neither of those guys helped the evil filth much, but they both were paid more than the total allowable salary cap number for a team (probably Landon get's paid something like that too) and the evil filth didn't have an allocation and so should never have gotten them anyway. What a bunch of crap.

Whatever, it's time to kick their butts in their own home so we can embarrass them in front of their fans and media.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, E, I wasn't referring to the rules on team roster, but just making a general observation (Can you call that an observation?) (And, of course sorry for going off the topic, which never happens on a BigSoccer thread. :)) on the favorable treatment that those two teams receive from the league. I believe they have received several "gifts" from the league in the past. Fortunately, however, several have been gifts that came back to bite them in the butt (can you say Hernandez and Matthaus) as when LA three of its best players (one of them being you-know-who).

14. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gottcha. I was kinda tired last night, so I wasn't following. :D

Anyway, it's game day! Woo freakin' hoo! Go Quakes!!!

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The game kicks off. The score is:

&nbsp&nbsp[​IMG] &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp [​IMG]
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 0 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 0

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!!

-G

16. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    In the beginning of the 2nd game, will you put up the aggregate score?

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and so it begins ....

my two centsL roner will determine if we win this or not. he's gotta be able to hold his own and not force the midfield to backtrack too much to help him. if he holds up and lets russell be more of an offensive force, we'll be fine.

go QUAKES!

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp That would be interesting... :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp In that case, I certainly hope that our very own Freedom-American player will do fine. :eek:

-G

20. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Quakes looking very strong so far. They are creating most of the danger while not utilizing full-field pressure.

CRAP! De Ro out with hamstring. Why the fack now? That SUCKS!

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Dwayne DeRosario appears to be hurt.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Rodrigo Faria goes in.

-G

22. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I'm not watching the game. How is the atmosphere?. It looks like a sold out?

23. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    That should be dangerous play on Marshall! He kicked Faria in the head!

Definitely some empty seats there.

Faria will be goat or hero tonight I feel.

24. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freedom-American? if I could audibly groan on this board, I'd be doing it now. :D

dero out .... man, what I wouldn't give for ching right about now.

I woulda put in ekelund and bumped mullan up top ... but i'm sure FY knows what he's doing.

25. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    Then if it is anything like two weeks ago that means it is sold out!