Los Angeles - San Jose (Saturday, 10/18) pregame/during-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Albany58, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
  2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game this Saturday is a sellout at the HDC.

3. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    Damn it! I have 2 friends who want to come to the game with me now. Is there ANY way to get two extra tickets? :(

4. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    okay, playing the diva role at HDC will be sj_quakes_fan.

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Los Angeles - San Jose (Saturday, 10/18) pregame/during-game thread [R]

No way do I have enough energy to do that. Sorry. :(

6. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Any Quakes in "Caution Point" trouble? I'd hate to lose someone for game one of the playoffs because of this.

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought caution points were "reset" for the playoffs. :confused:

8. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you reach the "sit one game" level in the last regular season match, then you miss the first playoff game.

9. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here it is from MLSnet:

"Any suspension resulting from yellow card earned in a players final regular season game will NOT carry over into the playoffs or the next League season, although any applicable fines will be collected. However, point accumulations from yellow cards will begin anew in the playoffs. Any player who receives a red card in his last game of the season (regular or postseason), will serve the one game suspension during their next game, regardless of if it occurs in the playoffs, MLS Cup or the first game of the following regular season. Postseason caution point suspensions earned in a player’s final postseason match will not carry over to a player’s next League game. All red card and caution point suspensions will, if necessary (in the event of a trade or other personnel moves), follow a player to a new team."

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But that's not what MLSnet says (see above). You only sit if it's a red in the final game.

11. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Well then by all means......hack the fish boys!!! It's a freebie!

12. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately it's more likely to be the galaxitives doing the hacking.

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Los Angeles - San Jose (Saturday, 10/18) pregame/during-game thread [R]

That's a certainty.

14. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG!

All you who called for another game for Conway may just get your wish! Thanks a lot! And there's more. Lots more bad news. I can't even say it. Just go read Jeff Carlisle's article. :(

15. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    That quote worries me. So this means they don't care about the Supporter's Shield at all? Baaaad attitude.

16. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see why he said that though? Everyone's hurt!!! Pat's even hurt. Our defense is beat up! We're fishin' fished!

17. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    ok...FY seems to have given up on the SS...or so you think...

my money if on FY to go down to the HDC and put out an 11 that will whup the Gals....

case closed...

enough of the chicken little BS....

the next 360 minutes of football are against the same side...would you want to show your hand so early?

hmmmmm.....

18. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pat's done. We'll be OK.

19. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Since we took care of business early this year, these two weeks are an opportunity to get our banged-up players rested. Thank goodness we have this grace period.

I don't think coaches give a darn about the supporters' shield.

This is a nice opportunity to get our backups playoff ready.

I was really dreading having to face LA four straight times with our A-team because it's really hard to beat the same team over and over and over again. They figure you out.

I wouldn't be surprised if our backups are motivated to kick some butt. (And LA won't be able to punk Donovan prior to the playoffs)

20. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    Re: Re: Re: Los Angeles - San Jose (Saturday, 10/18) pregame/during-game thread [R]

sorry chica, call has already been made to the bullpen. you're going out there.

Hey, turn on your freakin phone. My sitcom thing ended up getting postponed and we could've done breakfast or something Sat morning cuz I don't have to be at the theatre until 3. I'll call and maybe we can hang post game.

21. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Los Angeles - San Jose (Saturday, 10/18) pregame/during-game thread [R]

Don't talk about bullpens please. Reminds me of baseball. Reminds me of them damn Yankees. :(

Sorry, my phone was charging so it'd be okay for the weekend. It'll be on today.

And, everyone, just let me say we're fished. I said that when I heard about Jon last week. And look how well he played. So, I think we're fished this week. Yeah, that sounds good. :D

22. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Los Angeles - San Jose (Saturday, 10/18) pregame/during-game thre

I'll hold you to that, babe. :)

I think we're not. I think the Supporter's Shield still means something to the players, and they can have it as well as a great playoff run and a championship, too.

23. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this game is listed on my Shootout! The Quakes are putting this game on TV, right? So it will be the Quake announcers, I hope. I'd sure hate to have to listen to Max Bretos rave about the Galaxy two weeks in a row.

24. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    It is on San Jose's channel 36, but the game was added late and I don't know if the Quakes are broadcasting or if we are picking up the feed from LA.

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that guy an a-hole? The only thing worse would be having Cobi Jones announcing. I am pretty sure, DarkCloud, that the John-John duo are on. Could be wrong though.