Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have difficulties understanding that this is not every word that he has said in his life. Maybe he said great things about people in these same conversations.

Really odd.

petros93, ahnaf, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you mean to say the leaks have selectively filtered out the good things he had to say for others? Cause the way I see it in Florentino's book, you can be either a scum, fraud, a sex crazed maniac, or Zidane. There's nobody lying in between the spectrum for him.

3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then that's exactly your problem. Obviously the good stuff wouldn't get leaked.

MaxY, 4x4s, Saint Iker and 6 others repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You're coming off as very naïve.

petros93, Hsain85, MaxY and 7 others repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, even the good lines said about ZZ and Beckham were leaked because of the criticism of others in the same sentence.

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Okay, so how come his Zidane praise was a part of this leak?

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Too agenda driven to be naive though. Root cause is Flo let Ronaldo go so piling it on.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because they gotta show him criticizing others and ZZ praise was like one line during that rant.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plus the "twerk your buttocks for Ceferin" weeks really did a number on some.

10. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I'm disappointed in the lack of references to "just locker room talk" in this thread.

Huh??
    Who in these quotes was not a public figure?
    Which quote was Flo either knowingly or recklessly saying something factually untrue?
    Does slander have a 9+ year SOL in Spain?
    Good luck to the attorney with that case!

11. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Seriously guys, before getting too pumped about this BS, just pause and think
    - What if someone recorded your conversations without your knowledge and released it!

I don't know about you guys, but my buddies and I say a lot of shit over beer! its private, please don't act like you never do it!
    The more attention we give these leaks, the more people do it! WHO CARES....
    You think Raul has never said anything bad about Prez? or others? same with CR, same with Benzema and and and... .

I personally do NOT give a SHIT about these leaks! cuz I know the stuff I say to my friends in private is NOT who I am , it for joke, laugh and a good time. Tapes like this only damage Madrid, and that is the only thing I care for.

PS) Players are saying they dont care so why should we? reminded me a Standup comedy I attended, there was a blind guy in the audience and the comedian was picking on him and laughing, the man was laughing and playing around, then a lady screamed from the crowd, calling the comedian names, and saying he is a prick, and she is offended.
    The comedian asked the blind the guy if he is offended and he said NO, he is enjoying it! the lady did not stop and the security had to take her out! THE PLAYERS are not offended, why the heck should I be?

ImadEdd repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This stuff didn't even damage Madrid.

If anything it built our President's legend and showed the world the demand and expectations for the club are significant.

Thanks for the free publicity. Mbappe and Co are raring to get over here.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Honestly, when they started with the Iker and the Raul stuff at the beginning of the week, biggest fear was it'll build up to something major. Turns out they threw out their heavy hitters first day of the week. :D

ahnaf, MiamiNative0722, Doni and 6 others repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Same here.

I was on edge expecting the fallout to build. Instead they had nothing and started with what they felt was sensational.

All they and Ceferin have done is taken Florentino from being bulletproof in Madrid to being that way in Europe.

The guy is a folklore now. I'm sure even he is mystified.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Getting mbappe will definitely be a "Perez" level thing to do, but it's a big "if". I still believe mbappe will follow the money. I hope I'm wrong.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not wonder nobody paid to keep these leaks quiet. Basically harmless stuff that most people assumed anyway.

Hsain85, J-Mezzy and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Hsain85, Doni, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Prety much.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    During the golden era of sky Germany broadcasts, you could switch to the audio of the foreign teams broadcasts, means if you're watching Juventus play Manchester you could choose between German, Italian, etc. I remember how many broadcast teams simply left the mic running while the channel was in the studio or in ads, and I remember a match where they switched to ads and it was "what are we doing here, these losers will lose by at least 4", like really biased stuff off air. :ROFLMAO:

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We literally have a player who is under criminal investigation and set to go to trial for his part in an extortion conspiracy scheme that involved personal/private recordings from a stolen cell phone.

So Flo complaining about any of this while being quiet as a mouse on the Benzema front rings just a bit hollow, then again he might still go full hypocrite.

Apparently an invasion of privacy and extortion are only bad things if it happens to him personally.

Benzema admited he had sex with an underage prostitute.

Flo goes full retard with his wailing and gnashing of teeth about players girlfriends but he's got nothing when a player is involved with statutory rape accusations where the "I didn't know, I swear" defense works for like the first time ever.

That's because Flo's not in a normal position like your average Jose, he's the President of the biggest football club in the world.

Most people understand that such a prestigious position with as many responsibilities requires greater care and discipline than that of an ordinary person, except the internet of course.

Well I haven't heard that the Inter and AC Milan staff requested to be dragged into the light as whore mongers (which apparently they are now accused of being on internet chat rooms). ;)

As to the SOL, we'll that's a great question given nobody knew about any of this a week ago. I'm not sure they're as SOL as it might seem but I don't have a clue about Spanish law, then again if these rumors were to somehow spread on the internet he could probably get sued all over the world. If I had to guess Flo will have to share in the shame and blame which there is enough of to go around. LOL. :D

Lyra repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So your problem is that he said it or got caught saying it?

22. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    No need for the qualifier.

RMSocrates, PigBenis, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The problem is him deflecting blame (both then and now) and also people excusing the behavior instead of holding people in positions of power accountable (it's not that big of a deal but Flo decides he is above apologizing and it's easy to stay above the fray when you have a cult ready to heap you back up on your ivory tower should you fall off for some minor self inflicted wounds originating from drunken rants where your inner teenage too awkward to excel at sports and butt of the locker room jokes says what he really thinks about the team "con ganas").

There is some seriously toxic masculinity, chauvinism and machismo oozing and I think its a bit disingenuous that Flo has spent his whole career portraying himself as the opposite - a silky smooth operator above the petty grievances who achieves influence using charming sophistication and is only concerned with the bottom line.

That and people are re-writing history with broadsides like "this is how everybody is", and "this is how it's always been"... or of course the classics like "only someone who played the game would understand".

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Why does he need to apologize to you? How do you know he hasn't apologized to these people? Again all these "leaks" have been out for years in a book, and nothing Iker nor Raul haven't heard. Both are back at the club. If they're fine with whatever they spoke with Florentino about in private why are your panties tied in a bunch?

25. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    End of story. Now let’s turn our attention to “new signings” like Ceballos or Jovic.