Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure what difference one game makes...? The likes of Cristiano, Bale, Ozil, James etc. have also gotten booed heavily by the crowd at times...I am sure you don't consider them unpopular players on the whole to the fanbase?

2. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you're misunderstanding my point man - This is not about whether or not Bale should be on the team; this is about Rafa/Perez insisting that he be the focal point of our attack, with Rafa going to see him in the summer and not Cristiano etc., which has rightfully alienated both players and fans, because while Ronaldo in his prime is head and shoulders above any other player in the team, Bale has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is at that level. The likes of James, Modric, Kroos, and Isco are just as talented, and probably feel like they deserve VIP status themselves.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Deservedly so, as should the rest of the team.
    Calling out players after the game didn't work out so well for Mourinho or Rafa either.
    A lot of people complained, judging by the reaction of the fans (here on this forum and the polls in Madrid) and the reaction of the players.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say most fans wanted him gone is inaccurate. It wasn't even a 50-50 split let alone the majority.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What polls are you taking about? The ones i remember most of the people wanted him gone, and i am not talking about BS, just the fans reaction in general that i saw. He wasn;t popular, doesn't mean people didn't like him, hell i liked him and when i saw that we were going after Rafa i wanted him to stay, but this circlejerk about him being The Chosen One is just because Rafa was our coach, if it was anyone else people would have forgotten about Carlo already.

I actually like him less now that he left, he said Bundlesliga is too easy for Bayern due to a lack of competition, than a few months later he signs for Bayern.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

CA struggles to win leagues, him coaching Bayern should level the playing field a bit but I'd expect a CL title within a couple years. Honestly I think that is why Bayern wanted to sign him, they are probably hoping he can bring them a CL trophy.

MerlinRM repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Polls on Marca and AS prior to the sacking:
    http://www.espnfc.us/real-madrid/st...d-poll-fans-want-ancelotti-stay-casillas-exit

Meh I can find you a time where every coach has contradicted himself. The top coaching jobs can be counted on two hands, and the ones available on one. His main priorty was probably to go back to England, but with Pep and Mourinho circling around Manchester clubs, Klopp already in Liverpool, and him not going back to Chelsea, I think you take the chair you land on at the end of the song.

Digital repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ancelotti brought Madrid La Decima. By default, he's a legendary manager. Greatest CL manager of all time. Probably Florentino's biggest mistake. Didn't win a trophy for one season, get fired, Jesus Christ...

8. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was probably a big mistake, but his biggest was not extending Del Bosque's contract (in essence the same as sacking him).

Anyway, what a messsss!!

9. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't know what to say other tha nwelcome the the real world. You have to take what everyone says with more than a couple grains of salt. The same goes for our club and any other club. Not that we tend to lie all the the time but the club sure does have an agenda, like everyone else.

If you've realized this then I'm glad for you.

If the club knew Benitez was going to be fired 2 weeks earlier, when they made the comments, do you think they should come out and say it?

As a club we have done nothing any other club haven't already done. No reason at all to react really.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Eddie, you seem to be the one that can't let it go with regard to Carlo. You end up talking about him regularly. He was popular, it's pretty obvious, but he was not without his faults. As we saw with Rafa, the grass isn't always greener. I hope Zizou does well and makes us forget all of them. But yeah, kinda comical dude.

Zidane05, Shay Z, sleepyvato50 and 3 others repped this.
  12. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Ancelotti topic is now boring. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I used Rafa as one of several examples to point out that right now the club has done a very poor job communicating factually on a number of issues hence why I'm not sure a passionate plea of innocence is enough to believe they haven't violated FIFA's rules and earned the ban.

There may be a genuine difference of interpretation or a mistake but on balance and in the wake of all the current administration has done wrong the club should not be surprised if people are not inclined to believe them at this point about the FIFA ban.

I understand what you are saying about agendas and talking points and I agree organizations will always look to advance a narrative which furthers their agenda but if there is a 180 degree difference between what your website and media relations messaging and reality you've got a problem. Clubs don't spend money on PR to simply lie, they spend money to find ways to present their side of the story in a way that mitigates the damage, furthers their agenda and enhances their image - outright lying to the public and the media will only accelerate the damage to those objectives.

There are several ways the club could have come out and responded to the FIFA ban that would not have been lies even if they knew they were in violation. This isn't to say that I know they are lying, again my original point was they have been so poor lately with the communications that its hard to know what is going on. My concern however is our objection may be more akin to our CdR appeal....

Digital repped this.
  14. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is how 4x4 mentality works: get an isolated incident, create a case out of it and use it to prove his point.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am happy that i could enrich your life with enough meaning for you to sit down and think that deeply about my mentality. I hope it will not disappoint you to know, that i don't care about you at all.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He went to watch the Wales - Belgium match. The way you say it is as if he went to his home for coffee and dinner.

Benitez was at the Liverpool match the other day. Probably disgruntled somebody with his visit there as well.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just enjoy shitting on people nutthugging him, sue me :D. I do the same with Isco.

I mean just look at this:

:D :D :D

If he was popular and good, he would be here, he wasn't either.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever you say....

19. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha fair enough. All I am saying is, based on the fact that -

1. Rafa went to see Bale (did he go see any of the other ones? I cant remember but definitely wasnt Cristiano)

2. Bale is one of the only big name players we have who gave Rafa a glowing testimony and said he will miss him

3. The rest of the team played like shit but Bale (and Benzema) generally looked much improved most of the season.

With the coincidence of these 3 things, I dont think its too far fetched to think that Rafa/Perez's attempt to elevate Bale to WPOTY status has backfired so far. But if you prefer to wait for official news, I get that - dont think we'll agree on this, haha

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    ^ + Bale told Rafa he preferred to play through the middle and that is exactly what Rafa did.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo was also supposed to play as a striker, but after a couple of frowns, there he was on the left again.

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And your point is?

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That there wasn't some Bale "special" going on. At the end of the day, anybody and everybody got what they wanted.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Oh yes there was. Testing Ronaldo as striker does not disprove that.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Bale's agent coming out very publicly and to paraphrase saying the team needed to be built aroung Bale.
    I think part of the reason Carlo got canned and Rafa got the gig is because one said I can't make Bale into Neymar and the other said he could.
    Playing Bale as a #10 is ridiculous when we have multiple players better suited to the position but that's the Presi at work no doubt.

Digital repped this.