Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This has been a pretty catastrophic season from an organizational point of view.

- Sacking a popular coach with no good replacement in sight and alienating your players
    - De Gea transfer fiasco
    - Getting eliminated from the Copa due to fielding an ineligible player (again blamed on a fking fax machine!!!)
    - Asking your coach to bring the best out of your galactico Bale, thereby further alienating other players
    - Now, a fking transfer ban!!!

To me, each of these counts as the equivalent of a 4-0 drubbing at the organizational level. You can probably survive one of them and recover OK, but literally 5 of them within 6 months, then at some point the finger needs to be pointed at you, FloPe

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol

Anon., Serengeti_Boy and libertao repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Documentation of eligibility of investigated players didn't make it to Fifa... cause the fax machine wasn't working?

RealMadridista and madridismo repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Two of the 8 players that FIFA found "irregularities" are Zidane's sons. How are two kids who's father is living and working in Spain, for the club they are playing even, "illegal transfers" in any way? Apparently another case was Garay's brother who was living with his brother.

Sounds quite bizarre. None of the players talked about sounds like a superstar or some child prodigy.

raven3k, MerlinRM, madridista_hr and 3 others repped this.
  5. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll admit that hard evidence for this one point is spotty, but seeing what we have seen and knowing what we know (stuff like Bale being the only one who has given any sort of glowing feedback on Rafas methods) do you still think its totally out of the realm of possibility that this happened?

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not spotty, it's completely ridiculous. Seems like there can't be no discussion about Real MAdrid nowadays wihtout somebody here saying the typical "Bale out!" thing.

Anon. and libertao repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah it does. Those 3 in particular are pretty ridiculous.

Not sure what they else they have or who the other cases are, but the club seems pretty adamant that they will get reversed, so we'll see.

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Might be typical for a reason, been 2 long seasons

9. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which makes you wonder is it possible that bale has haters or he simply plain does not deliver and he is overestimated on regular basis

If we go statistically no matter how lame we are,more than half of the posters and friends of the posters think that bale has been overestimated.makes you wonder,why all these people hate this opinion?

And thatn some 4x4s gonna come and say lol you are all clueless thats misjudgment.and all will be solved

I dunno man i dunno

10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I've seen reporting that its all 4 of Zidane's children and Garay's brother so that would be 5 which certainly is interesting but unfortunately its a bit hard to take the club seriously when just a month ago we were arguing that we should not have been kicked out of the CdR... The club hasn't done itself any favors, saying Rafa has our support and 2 weeks later he's gone too.

Digital repped this.
  11. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Every club that has ever fired a coach came out and gave the coach a vote of confidence 2 weeks before he was let go. That's nothing out of the ordinary so I don't get why you get so hung up on it.

libertao repped this.
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It not one thing though is it? The club may or may not be being completely transparent about this FIFA ban.

For example why the sudden interest last summer in signing all these young players and loaning out, could be unrelated but I'm not so sure. And on balance the clubs PR hasn't matched reality lately, I think it's fair to question the accuracy of their statement in the context of everything else theyve said and done lately.

LastBoyscout, Glide84 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because that's how the business works. Asensio was getting offers from Arsenal as well. If you don't sign them when the opportunity presents itself, you end up paying over 40 mil. to do so.

14. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't get what that has to do with how we let Benitez go?

You brought up how our management came out and supported Benitez 2 weeks before he was fired and that has absolutly nothing at all to do with this transfer ban. ALL clubs who fire their manager will have people coming to his defense up until the day he is fired, it par for the course.

But when it comes to the transfer ban I think we might have had an inkling this was going to happen, hence why we signed like we did. But then again we still haven't signed a back up LB so maybe not...

15. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    He should have come to Emirates. Real Madrid only made players do well or are at least given chances.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's true, although to be fair, rarely do you see the President going on a radio show claiming the coach is the best fit for the squad and there are no issues weeks before he sacks him. Usually it's just a press release.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That't because in most cases it's the "technical director" or manager that does it.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love how carlo nutthuggers have switched to popular instead of GOOD. HE wasn't even popular, most of the fans wanted him gone.

Let it go lads, he got his ass kicked time and time again, he was as bad as Rafa in his last season tbh.

RealMadridista repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #919 4x4s, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    I myself turned my opinion around when the won team won the Cup and the CL. You can only respect that. Then again, a season after that and it was the same stuff. The team blew a lead in the League and we didn't have the Cup or the CL as a crutch this time.

Eddie repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People look at Rafa and then realize that Carlo is a better coach, but that doesn't mean this season would have been different. He didn't improve at all in his time here. The problems were the same on day 1 and last day for him.

It's as ridiculous as the people claiming Isco is our savior when he was clearly outclassed by James (in his 1st and 2nd season) and even to an extent Kovacic.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't know how you came to that conclusion when most fan polls did not reflect that.

RMSocrates repped this.
  22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm taking several data points and saying in aggregate the club seems to think something privately but say something else publicly. Rafa is just one of several recent examples hence why I say the FIFA ban may be more of the same, you can discount the Rafa comments and not materially change the fact that we keep saying one thing and doing something else. I understand the need for PR and the media surrounding the club but even so the club on some issues isn't even close to reality with their comments.

All that said I'm not sure no comment is a viable answer but I can't read the official comments from the website with much more trust than some of the better journalist/commentators on Twitter which is not good.

Aimar 21 repped this.
  23. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Although one won some titles and the other got half the squad to hate him, lol. I know you don't like the fat ******** that is Carlo but cmon now.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He got boohed mercilessly after the 4-0 against Atleti though.

This is what he said about it: "We will still sleep atop the table."

A few naps later we were not on top of the table anymore.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No one complained when he was gone, people just forget how bad he was towards the end.

4x4s repped this.