Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is like preferring Justin Bieber over Dream Theater

Like honestly.West Ham Hammers have more true fans than Real Madrid has(TRUE fans not,fanboys-Since i have ot obviously explain everything lately in this forum :D).Who gives two ********s about profit.That is not what football or sport for that matter is.Profit only matters for the people who are profiting.YEs we can buy stars.But what use of that when a local boy with a talent can not climb to the ranks of the Real Madrid cos he is not part of the marketing plan.

The whole concept of the game is gone.Its all marketing and honestly more and more i grew less interest of watching any football...While there are teams like ATM or Bilbao or Valencia trying their best to keep the values of the sport,we have gone way too far with the commercializing of it.

And its not like there is some huge fruit out of it.One semi enjoyable season out of the last Six.Its not even about that CL title.IT WAS NOT ENJOYABLE to watch this team play.Every player sold for profit.Every new player bought for profit.Its obvious that all the moves we make are solely for profit. Seling players who are not part of the marketing plan for new refreshing ones..Gambling every single season on new players.Raising players ther marketing scheme and hype to reach players who were true glory of this team

We even created a best player of all time who has only 1 title in his entire stay at Madrid.We pushed back Legends who won many titiles being unselfish and humane..Who loved the team ahead of the individual.

there is no longer Hierro or Raul or Iker to be lieder..WE HAVE NO LIEDER NOW..We have "give me the damn ball" ROnaldo..We have no one that will stand the ground a lead cos that quality does not exist anymore.over payed over hyped cry babies that cant even step up and establish them self as lieders in this club..Cos they all recieve their pay checks and thats all that matters

they change coaches,they fire players,they do whatever they want except wining titles,except showing some BALLS on he field.Except being proud to wear that jersey..

the people who entered in the sport for profit ruined it.And i am really surprised that you have this stance towards World of football cos otherwise you have very balanced posting,destroyed the meaning of the sport.Destroyed all.and now we are gonna continue talking about other values and the values will change completely.the world is moving forward i know,but the football is stagnating.and loosig its own values..

2. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting discussion and really good points I think 4x4s and temesgen - and looking at other countries affected by the financial crisis - Italy comes to mind, the demise of Italian football after the mid-2000s high is quite apparent (and scary) and I will definitely concede that we have Florentino and Jose Angel Sanchez to thank for steering us through that unharmed.

And as you guys say, in the hands of someone like Sanz, perhaps Madrid would also have been in peril. However, I think the biggest club in the world's excuse for having its president should not be 'Well, at least he's not Lorenzo Sanz...', you know?

Other clubs whose countries have fallen on economic hardship but have found economic models to thrive - Barcelona, (doggedly and ruthlessly pursuing a sporting philosophy), top Portuguese clubs (who regularly seem to find hidden gem players, get success, sell those players and make a ton of money, and then repeat).

Basically, I don't think it's too much to ask for a president who can do a good job on building a stable organization that can consistently deliver trophies, while not running us out of business.

watermelon1, Digital, Hendrix22 and 3 others repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Barca and Real Madrid up until this year did not have to share the La Liga TV earnings with the rest of the teams fairly compared to other leagues. That is a huge chunk of their revenue.

Hendrix22, temesgen and RealMadridista repped this.
  4. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #829 RealMadridista, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    What on bloody earth are you talking about.this makes zero sense..

The only league that had problems was italy.none else.this comparison is very unreal.english clubs have advanced in the last decade a lot..germany is the same.i dont get this comparison

Italy only had problems cos of the corruption.nothing else..
    The only thing we got is commercializing the team and no success..and yeah we sell shirts and raised revenue

5. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well said. Good mission statement for any leader.

Digital and temesgen repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid is one of the most popular clubs in the world not because of Florentino, but because of its history. Yeah, it can be argued that he solidified the club's financial structure with the Galactico policy. But the transformation to a superbrand that he pulled off was more in his first era than the second. He paved the way, now the model is systematized, so whoever arrives has a sound financial base, and can continue on the same path economically, while being an upgrade in the sporting vision/management. Any argument that the club survived the economic crisis solely because of Florentino can be rebuked by the example of Barcelona. Credit to Florentino for his first stint and how he steadied the ship in the second too after the Calderon shambles, but there's a reason why the first stint ended, and circumstances are looking pretty similar now.

Digital repped this.
  8. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Question: under what president FCB won most trophies?
    Answer: Florentino Perez.

9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I have an 8 year old and while I don't care for Bieber at least he has a decent voice so I'll take Justin. :D

Zidane05 repped this.
  10. VincitOmniaVeritas

Jul 18, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uhhh more "true" fans. That is ridiculously subjective.

Having actually been to a Hammers game I'd say many of them are more interested with being a Green Street Hooligan than the performance of their club.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  11. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who thinks football isn't a business is naive at best and stupid at worst. If that ruins the game for you, quit watching and find something where making and managing money doesn't matter.

12. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are so FLAT

ChocolateCandy repped this.
  13. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You would take Justin ahead of Dream THeater?
    Obviously you never hear of them..and second this changes the way i will digest your future comments :D

Castillas and temesgen repped this.
  14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Never say never [emoji119]

RealMadridista repped this.
  15. watermelon1

watermelon1 Red Card

Aug 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's more related on FCB founding a highly effective football philosophy and the players who are good enough to thrive in that system, than Florentino.

16. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, but what system does FloPe have? None, nada.

17. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #842 Phoenix Rising, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Misdirected angst?

Im going to play the devil's advocate here... A president of a football club's job/role is not to come up with or have a footballing system... Do Laporta and Bartomeu have systems? The president's role is primarily to manage the finances of the club. Perez is hugely successful at that. So shouldnt the anti-Perez focus be on what the club (not just Perez but everyone involved with managing anything in the club) should be doing or doing better in order to implement the system that doesnt exist? What and who is needed to implement it, and how? Changing a president who successfully performs his role is not going to magically answer these questions and come up with a solution. What it could potentially do is allow the same problems to continue while adding a new problem of mismanaged funds.

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Financial management is only part of the role of a leader.

Digital, Glide84, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And even if its the bigger part, you still can't completely disregard the sporting plan. The way Florentino managed coaches is completely amateurish. There is literally nothing that connects the coaches' profile in this second stint, except for them being Galactico coaches/big names. I get that you need big names to absorb the pressure of working at this institution, but at least have some similarity in philosophy between them! And its not to say that a lot of the pressure is actually generated by Florentino himself.

Its bad enough to buy players just because they are big names, without taking into account how they will fit, but if you do the same with coaches, you will never ever get any substantial results on the pitch. There are plenty of both big name players and coaches that can actually be bought for marketing AND sporting reasons, instead just the first one.

RealMadridista repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So who exactly is responsible for the lack of a sporting direction at the club, this sounds like you want to praise the president for the aspects of the club that work and absolve him of all the things that don't

If Flo is directly involved in player and coach recruitment then he is directly involved and responsible for the direction the club is taking sports wise or moreso the lack of a proper direction

Can't all of a sudden decide he has nothing to do with it, no matter how much money he has been able to bring to the club the sporting aspect has been dismal as far as returns are concerned, he had an issue there the first time around, he has an issue there now

There is no way he isn't responsible for the club not having a " footballing" system, he is the president, we don't expect him directly to be the guy with the plan but we expect him to hire competent people to implement some kind of system, even a long term one if possible, he's had more than 5 years to figure that out, if no such thing is in place, it's still his fault , what's his plan? I'll just buy expensive players and hire and fire coaches willly nilly and we're good to go? How's that been working out? Meh

21. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hate to point this out for you, but both presidents of FCB had a system. It's the same system they implemented years ago and they are sticking to it.
    FloPe can run a construction company, but not a football club.

22. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No no no Floro makes money and its more than obvious that his backers here are quite materialists and agree with his agends

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #848 4x4s, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    He allegedly paid for the Pedja and Suker transfers himself because the club wasn't capable of buying them. Great sign for proper management.

Both Barca presidents backed the financial safety/years at the club model that Florentino implemented. Four of them managed to collect the funds and compete in the elections. But apparently the same regulations are making sure that Florentino "stays forever".

Then somebody who can do both should compete against him. Until then, he's running this business. There are elections for a reason. Point is that his competitors want to get in without competing against him, because that's that's something they can't do.

Funny how Laporta has a "system" when he promised Beckham, and the club couldn't sign Mourinho because of financial and staff related disagreements. Guardiola was more of a consequence than a choice.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valencia sold out to a foreign millionaire, Atletico are selling out seats on the team's bench for rich guests, and Athletic, well, let's say that if i would operate a business the way Athletic operate their football club i'd have multiple lawsuits on my desk right now.

You're making yourself look clueless.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is there a legit candidate to challenge him? IIRC last elections no one dared to man up. Florentino is a very good businessman and it's stupid to even question that tbh.

He has his flaws, but who doesn't?

And i'm loling at the guys praising barcelona presidents after all the shady shit they did in the last decade, and i expect more of it to unfold once UEFA goes to trial, let's not forget how many Catalans/Farca fans were on their board...