Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    gtfo

Shay Z and Eddie repped this.
  2. Fusion064

Fusion064 New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ?

Have you ever heard Calderon talk about football? the guy knows more than Perez, that's for sure !

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    ?

4. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #454 Phoenix Rising, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Oh puhlease....!!!!!! Perez has been our best president since Santiago Bernabeu. What do you guys want him to do? Go on the pitch and score 5 goals himself? Btw, comparing Calderon to Perez is just ridiculous, and while I understand we're all upset about tonight, please let's not go there...

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    LOL Calderon.

He should be lucky he gets to talk about football instead of worrying about dropping the soap in the shower.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Eddie and 6 others repped this.
  6. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Florentino fuera ya! Manolo Sanchis for president.

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, but that doesn't mean he should stay forever and not be accountable.

how about maybe not fire great coaches all the time and bring fat losers for replacements.

That I agree with. But come on, we have been following a certain philosophy for a while now and it simply doesnt work as much as it should, at least not in terms of success on the pitch. Barcelona took a while to get their footballing institution running, but we have to face it that all these years we have been the chasers. And that is because they have a different approach.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Perez is not making the right moves lately. On the transfer market he is being outclassed by Bayern, Barca and the EPL teams.

9. Fusion064

Fusion064 New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just want Perez to go. Even if it is Calderon who replaces him.

When are the next elections.. anyone know?

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As long as the (wrong) players run the team, it's irrelevant who the coach, president, or manager is. This was a summer where we could have made hard decisions and cleaned up the squad but we gave in and handed the keys to the players instead.

11. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Cleaned up the squad? Who would you have sold? We basically already overhauled the front six the year before with Kroos and James.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In hindsight, Ramos should have left. His performances barely justify the wages he gets (same Ramos as always, good games with some horror performances in between like Atleti), and he's been a disaster on a persona level. Criticized the coach, criticized the medical staff, criticized basically everybody but he said "mistakes happen, i'm not losing sleep over it". I wonder if he's losing any sleep over yesterdays match as well or if he's counting money to sleep well.

Ronaldo has been absolutely terrible and a luxury this season, and on top of that his antics ("who knows if i'll be here next year", the Blanc incident, gestures towards the bench and the other players after the Sevilla match) aren't paying off.

Benzema should have been sold to Arsenal or wherever he would've gone. Hasn't been as terrible as he can be, infact he's payed quite well, but again, he got into trouble with the law again, this time not only in Spain, but also in France with something incredibly serious. This is the player that the club decided would be clever to have as our only option.

As i said before, Bale isn't the new Ronaldo, but he's still a very good player for the flanks. He's insanely fast and has a fantastic left foot. If we could accept that he's not Ronaldo and just use him to his maximal potential, we'll get a very very good player out of him, with no antics, not publicity stunts, and no trouble to bench or replace. This seemed like a plan at the beginning with Ronaldo considered as a CF, and Bale to go on the left, but apparently Ronaldo didn't fancy that (again, too much power to the players) so Benitez stuck Bale in as a CM and Ronaldo playing wide barely able to beat anybody.

We allowed these things to happen by giving in to what the players wanted. They control the team now. Not the coach. It could have gone the other way, but as things stand, giving Ramos a retirement contract was as wrong as keeping Ronaldo only for him to pull a "muy triste" a few months later when the team needs him.

WhiteBlood, Deep Pal, MerlinRM and 6 others repped this.
  13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Ronaldo elbowed alves tonight and was lucky not to be sanctioned for it, he kicked out at someone a few weeks back actually I think he's done it 3 or 4 times this season. My guess is we'll see him suspended by January and have a chance to see how well the team can play without him. Last year the team looked very good while he was on vacation...

Ramos was pretty bad tonight and continues to have concentration issues but I'd keep him. I do think we'll see some moves though, people seem to have turned the focus to the board room, so I'd expect some aggressive moves this summer if not January to cool those flames.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Isn't Ramos getting shoulder surgery? Hope Pepe is in good shape

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One La Liga title in 7 yrs under FloPe. Yeah...the managers are to blame all these years.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course they are.

4x4s repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #467 saadomar, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    And let's blame the manager, players and everybody else when almost this same team last year had the BBC smashing in goals for days and looking like favorites on all fronts.

Admit it people, FloPe has been great for banking on our teams popularity and history to pad our treasury; but now we are the running joke of the winners circle. We bring in superstars to sell shirts and fillout stadiums in our pre-season tours, not to build suitable teams that can win trophies consistently. Florentino needs to go!

This buffoon fires a sensational coach loved by fans and players because he had a horribly unlucky season riddled with injuries to key players. And you bet your ass FloPe was forcing Carlo to play Bale and Iker when they were out of form. He also consistenly gets rid of any competition to Benzema, and as great as Benzy has been, he needs someone else to egg him on so he doesnt get lazy. We also sent of Cheech when he made the most of limited minutes and nearly sold a crack like Keylor without giving him a fair chance.

If we have to suffer another decade of FloPe, I'm afraid we might lose our "most la liga titles" claim to Barcelona. This is atrocious. Madridistas in the capital need to be vocal about the utter failure that FloPe has been at getting us prestige.

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well if you buy players without knowing how they are going to fit and under what system they will play, its not their fault. Of course, Florentino couldn't have predicted Ronaldo's decline or Benzema's troubles, but it goes beyond that. Its an amateur approach to buy players and then change coaches telling each one no matter how different their profiles are 'make it work'.

I swear we should have kept Mourinho. At least with him at the helm, you know that nobody will interfere with the footballing matters. We got lucky with Carlo; instead of thanking God that this seemingly impossible transition turned out smooth, Florentino again believed that the exception is the rule, so he fired him, and brought this bum.

Deep Pal and MerlinRM repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #469 Digital, Nov 22, 2015
    All of this is a very nice hypothetical, some of it I agree with without even thinking twice but the whole paragraph about how decent Gareth is kinda lets it all down, I thought it was all about who should have been sold ( team cleaned up) to make the team better not a pep talk about Gareth, and the glaring part is "no trouble to bench" IMO that is not true, Gareth once fit will always play, no $100 mil ( or whatever) player ( yes he didn't set the price) is going to be benched, no matter how he is performing and as far as I am concerned 2 years and a bit in, he has yet to live up to the hype, for what he is supposed to bring, I don't see it, definitely not on a consistent basis, and yet again I monotonously repeat, his best seasons ever were "not" when he played on the left.

Deep Pal and RMSocrates repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Future younger generations will remember the Barcelona that conquered everything, and the Real Madrid that looked and talked big but had spiderwebs in its trophy cabinet. What a shame!

This will hurt us a lot down the future, younger generations will dream of joining Barca instead of RM when they become capable footballers. What a travesty!

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The " Flo Perez go! Please resign and save Real Madrid" thread was locked pretty quick, at least some fans at the stadium got to have an opinion about that without any problems , oh well, I personally think he has done well from a financial point of view for the club but fairly ordinary in terms of what the team has achieved in terms of trophies under his watch, unless of course, none of that team, players, coaches stuff has anything to do with him at all and is not his fault.

Deep Pal, MerlinRM, RMSocrates and 2 others repped this.
  22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #472 saadomar, Nov 22, 2015
    Lol. Understatement of the year: FloPe's trophy haul being "fairly ordinary". Yeah...fairly ordinary for a team like Atletico maybe. We're Real Madrid. 1 La Liga in 7 seasons (with a lone CL there somewhere) is shambolic and unacceptable. I'm done with FloPe, and I said it before and I'll say it again. After FloPe ruthlessly fired Carlo, Benitez damn well better win La Liga or CL this season. Or FloPe needs to do the right thing and remove himself from the helm of this team. The dude knows money, but he knows nothing about building a winning team with a proper philosophy. So unbefitting of a team like Real Madrid.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale or not is not the point. As long as the players are making the decisions in their favour, nothing will work out. We some solid years where everything went Ronaldo's way because of how he played. Now that he isn't he still has that priviledge. The best we can is cash in and regroup.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How has Florentino affected how BBC play, explain this to me please :D? If he is to blame this season, isn't he to praise for BBCs last season performance?

You say Carlo was unjustly fired because our squad was "riddled with injuries to key players", how about this season? Aren't we riddles with injuries?

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People used that as a "cause and effect" argument. Lack of rotation --> Injuries. Well we've had more injuries in 2.5 months than we have in complete seasons in the past. Maybe the problem wasn't the coach. Maybe the problem is still being employed by the club.

It's infuriating how some of these players are being handled and we're only seeing what's being made to the public.

Deep Pal, zohee, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.