Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I haven't heard any player come out and say he dislikes Hitler, that doesn'tm ake them a Nazi until they do so.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't I am not in the dressing room, all I can say is that I've never heard anyone of them say anything negative about him, nor have I ever seen any signs that anyone in this present squad doesn't get along with him, so instead I'll wait till you prove to me all these players don't get along with Iker and could care less if he is gone.

As for Arbeloa being the barometer as to how the "majority stakeholders in our locker room are thinking" well all I can say is that's convenient, but what is that based on exactly, seems a bit random.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bad anology, reaching too far

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who would come out and say he dislikes the captain of his employer?

RMSocrates repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've never seen it done anywhere really so I suppose no one, but i'm curious as to why you assume that they don't , what exactly is that based on

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Arbeloa represents the majority stakeholders of the locker room I think we have identified one of the problems with the team right there. We are talking about getting rid of Iker because he might have lost it and carries too much clout but Arbeloa never had it is a bigger liability on the field and he is supposed to have the most clout. LOL.

Ridiculous. I think its obvious part of Ramos is gonna support Iker and if I were a betting man Ronaldo is on team Iker/Sergio if they go to war with Perez. Clearly Florentino played his cards too early and underestimated the resistance to the move there would be.

Digital repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When Iker was beeing boohed by the entire stadium, Ronaldo ran out of the pitch separating himself from the team (with Carlo saying he was disappointed because the others were not on his level) and put himself on a press ban for months. Great support right there.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What way would it benefit them?? Remember sometimes it isn't what you say it is what you don't.

The question you should ask is why haven't they vehemently come out in support of him like they have for each other? Dude was get whistled and booed in the Bernabeu for months and the players barely gave a defense. If that were Cristiano or Ramos the players would rush out to their defense led by none other than the player you discredited; Arbeloa.

I'm not saying they hate the guy, I don't see the buddy-buddy relationship and Casillas surely hasn't done anything with Madrid in the last three seasons that would make any of them care if he left when a much superior keeper in De Gea would be coming in. I wouldn't be surprised if some were questioning why Navas wasn't playing.

Player's may not do it publicly (for obvious reasons) but they point fingers no differently than you and I.

Meh. What is convenient is your disregard for realistic possibilities and facts whenever it comes to Casillas. When it's any other situation your level-headed; very sensible, but when it comes to Casillas you stop dealing in reality.

That in no way was meant as an insult, I'm just speaking primarily of how you turn every situation you would deem one way the complete opposite; just because Casillas is involved.

BTW, I'm still waiting on your list of players Casillas has had an openly great relationship with on and off the pitch that isn't Sergio Ramos... you know the ones which would cause a stir if he left?

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Iker's got Ronaldo's respect. He couldnt even face him in a pk shootout for a place in the Euro Cup final. And I think Ronaldo's remarks were directed more toward Bale than anyone. For me Bale is the problem.

Its a problem for Perez, Benitez, Ronaldo, Isco, James, et cetera. What happens in goal would be almost irrelevant if the team were firing on all cylinders but Bale's presence keeps it from doing so. It throws too many things out of balance.

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even DeGea is reluctant to force a move because he doesn't want to cause a stir. I never heard anything like that out of players like Bale or James beforing coming.

You took this stance on Iker in support of Mourinho and can't let it drop. Iker is a legend and even Cristiano was a school boy cheering on Iker back in 2000-2002. You think guys like Isco, Jese, Carvajal don't feel the same way. I can remember Marcelo crying in his arms just about a year ago in the CL final.

You may be right that sentiments shouldn't get in the way but there is a difference between what should happen and what does happen.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ronaldo always is the first to leave the field when we lose. :D

By the by, I see in this thread we are pretending that none of the players came to Iker's defense when he got whistled? Do people not know how to use Google in Spanish or something? Please stop that fantasy, it's silly.

As for players getting mad if a co-player leaves. I doubt that's the case if ANY of our players would leave.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arbeloa isn't fashionable enough.

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    James and Ramos aren't either?

[​IMG]

:p

sleepyvato50, 4x4s and temesgen repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol those basic responses to media loaded questions is what you feel is some great defense?

I guess they are also battling for him to stay now as well right?

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lol indeed.

"Nobody is defending him! Nobody!"
    "Ok.....yeah...those guys did....but I'm still right...because of reasons"

Funny. :D Can't wait for the multitude of posts to follow where you will pretend just that.

Digital repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh.....

So either you can't read or you struggle with comprehension. :D

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So wait, you're saying they DID defend him now? Despite your previous post trying to make it look like they didn't and making it an example as to the team not liking him? Because you imply a lot, but say 'barely' anything apparantly considering your turn around.

Can't help but notice you left out this entire part of your own post:

Which is weird because Arbeloa did defend Iker, while you state he apparantly didn't. As did Ramos. As did James. What number in your mind does not constitute 'barely'? Should the whole team have said something? :D

Why don't you show me how many players came to Ronaldo's defense when the Bernabeu whistled him. Since you know, they would rush out for him in droves. And compare the two numbers to see the difference between 'barely' and massive.

Digital repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, lots of words but still nothing to change what I've said, no real facts just "realistic possibilities" so, I stand by what I said, and sorry I don't have your list, but I'm not really sure what a list is supposed to prove,

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh, so you lack comprehension skills....

It's funny that you say "now" as if I changed anything I wrote. I quoted the earlier post you were whining about where I clearly stated "barely gave a defense" which means I did in fact acknowledge a defense was given (hence the "barely"); so I never stated "nobody defended him".

I know I know, you're still right because of.. of.... reasons!

Anyways, continue on with your strawman. Considering I've completely proven your point mute/wrong, I wonder what next strawman you will bring up only for me to lulz and ignore or effortlessly bat down? :D

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You understand the question you just don't have an answer for it. Your entitled to hero worship him and place him above the club all you like, but just because that is your perspective doesn't mean that has to be everyone else's or even his teammates at the club.

I will repeat, it is ironic (and kind of funny) how quickly and aggressively you come out and defend Casillas even when he's wrong, yet how you are quiet when it's the club on the receiving end. No doubt in my mind what is greater to you judging from your actions.

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Of course your entire argument in showing nobody likes him in the locker room is because they...did...defend him. :D Aah, that makes a lot of sense. Like I said, you insinuate a lot. But really say nothing at all. What else is new.

Still waiting on the massive support for Ronaldo when he got whistled. Or did you not say that exactly word for word either? I'm guessing I'm going to be waiting as long as examples of my many years of posts of Ronaldo hate. Man, did you run away fast from that one or what.

Keep sidestepping ducky.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    From the guy who said this absolute nonsense......

which got proven completely wrong, debunked ever so easily by this...

It's truly funny how when you're proven wrong (it happens often) you just continue and continue and continue lurching from one strawman to the next; each being even weaker arguments then those prior. You wouldn't find yourself in this situation if you didn't get all riled up, letting your emotions take control while allowing your mind to wander and deceive you into believing something that never existed lol.

Anyways, don't let me stop you; you went from accusing me of saying it, to now saying I insinuated it when I specifically pointed out where I did not. I'm just waiting on what spin or strawman you will go to next; You're fun Oscar... fun stuff. :D

23. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So that's a 'no' on being able to back up that Ronaldo would get way more support than Iker? Could have just said that. I guess that means the locker room don't like him, according to you. They probably wrote years' worth of Ronaldo hating posts you can't find but only talk about as well. :D

What's the problem with you and actually being able to back up the nonsense you say. Gotta work on that. :)

24. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Guys would you say Madrid are a heartless club? Was having a debate that brought up the "evictions" of Makelele, Hierro and Raul etc..

Is it really a Madrid thing or Just Perez.

25. stannisbaratheon

Jun 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's Perez. It's always Perez.