Loose Cannon!: Reggie at QPR

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by punintended_13, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I'm pretty sure YMU is the group Lyle Yorks is associated with and he had a good track record with Americans in Europe.

For what that's worth.

2. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    seems like this agent switch means things got badly screwed up this summer. guessing we might not really see reggie until he transfers in january

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I doubt it. A player who hasn't played for 3 months is a player whose abilities have atrophied and will need the entire winter break to get to the equivalent of a full pre-season's physical fitness and another few weeks of friendlies.

That's not going to help him get a January move. I expect he will play, but sparingly, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on loan to a place like the Gulf that still has a window open

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    So why again is he not playing and why everyone is freaking out?

5. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    any update on Reggie from your/ Boavista's persepective? @Chess_Panther

Why is he not playing and what are Boavista's plans for Reggie at this point? Thanks!

6. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i mean it seems as simple as saying reggie burned bridges trying to get out over the summer in such a spectacularly futile way he had to replace his agent and the next guy up has proven to be just as good in the clubs eyes?

LouisianaViking07/09 and madvillain repped this.
  7. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    That definitely makes sense, except, if Boavista want to make a return on their Reggie investment, they better play him. I am assuming he cost a lot more than the guy who has "replaced" him.

8. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    did fc dallas finally get paid for him?

9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t even make the squad for the league cup game today

edcrocker repped this.
  10. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless he's hurt and we don't know it, it feels like we won't see him for club or country till January (when he's hopefully able to make a move somewhere).

11. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks for him but personally I'm glad he's out of the RB picture for the national team. He's very average.

adi21 repped this.
  12. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
  13. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    reggies news is he is somehow stuck at his deadbeat club

14. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Tbh I am losing my interest to give any kind of updates considering the toxic behavior from the american press and american followers in general of Reggie.

There's a public list that anyone can check in which Cannon's name is registered this season. Which means if Boavista never sorted it out with FIFA, then he couldn't be registered in the first place. This kind of stuff doesn't go unchecked.

It's tiresome to deal with lies of all sorts coming from american reporters and such all the time in many social networks, so what's the point?

This panic spread is a way to get Cannon out of the club because a lot of you wants to see him in a "bigger" club. I am also gaining awareness that this kind of toxic behavior is prominent in other american players in Europe as well.

The final thing I am going to state here is that I am not entirely sure what might be going on with Cannon on a PERSONAL level, all infos I have is that he does have an injury. He may be disappointed with a faction responsible through the summer, but trying to explain you lot the difference between club and SAD (which is a special type of public limited company) in Portugal it's not easy.

As far as the club side goes, he's fine with it. He likes his teammates as well. He LOVES the city to the point of committing to do something that would be a shock to many of you (which I can't tell).

To sum it up, Boavista paid Cannon and Elis. Whatever was left that Boavista probably didn't pay, was likely settled into an agreement (and that's an if). Hence why there is no FIFA impediment.

Good luck and try to be more respectful of other clubs guys. It isn't good for the people's view on american football as a whole, a lot of Boavista fans are gaining consciousness and not pleased at the constant disinformation and harassment.

P.S: Fabrizio replied to Reggie, he has nothing to report.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  15. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently not.

16. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Lol

schrutebuck and Crewmudgeon repped this.
  17. TCS35

TCS35 Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I will not comment on the rest. However that much is true.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Cannon was subbed out after 66 minutes with Rio Ave leading 1-0. It all went downhill after that for his team, as Boavista slipped deeper and deeper into the red.

4-0 final.

LouisianaViking07/09 and edcrocker repped this.
  20. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #721 adam tash, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    all due respect, the whole thing was weird from the beginning - the initial reports were that he would spend a season in Boavista and then move to France....

its a weird way to structure a player sale from the beginning

of course it didnt go as planned - unfortunately....but the expectations that he would be at a "bigger club" now were built into how this move was reported in the first place and the public quotes that the player gave regarding the move backed that up as well etc.

its all so convenient that it didnt go as planned from my perspective....especially after the reports this summer that he had a move agreed to leave the club.

Overall, I would say that the (lack of) club success for americans in portugal hasn't gone unnoticed, either.

From Onyewu, to Parks, to Adu etc....almost every american that has gone to Portugal for club soccer has seen their career nosedive...so...maybe that works both ways in terms of patience....if you know what I mean....right or wrong, at this point, my expectation of any american going to a portugeuese club is that they wont really be given a fair chance to play.

not sure which lies you are referencing or which other american players are toxic in europe (imo the american players are far too passive in terms of allowing their clubs to do whatever they want with them generally over the last decades - you never see an american demand a transfer or something like that---and I wish they would! like many euro players often do!) but am curious who you mean....?

Winoman repped this.
  22. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    In addition to being a part of drama, Reggie also plays soccer. 86 minutes today in a scoreless draw in which they did not allow a shot on goal. Twitter decrying lack of finishing - too many chances without a goal, not clear that Cannon stood out as good or bad, playing on the right wing of a 4-2-3-1, according to the internet.

23. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    If your name is Cannon....shouldn't you have a really strong shot at goal?

gjackson2207 and Winoman repped this.
  24. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    A Bola says he played as a right wingback in a 3-4-3.

Winoman repped this.
  25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States