Looking Towards Clausura '07

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Dec 6, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Realisicaly, what do you want to see next season for Pumas?

I think that Ferreti's defensive strategy only needs better forwards...I hope to get one more offensive midfielder to help leandro and then fire the two arieles and reinaldo...just hope there is money for something like this to happen...

I can't really complain much about how we played this ending season because we got part of our descenso goal acomplished...we must "stay the course"...:cool:

Maybe we could borrow more from cantera...the productivity of some of our forwards could have been matched from people from the cantera...would tuca try it?...i would love to see that...

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think reinaldo should be fired because brazilians take longer to adapt to the league so maybe he should get more playing time next season along with sccoco so that the team could be more offensive. We do need another offensive midfielder because leadreo needs hlep. I hope that ferreti playes more offensive for the clausura because sometimes the games are not as enjoyable to watch.

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Reinaldo has gone, and either Chupa or Gonzalez will go - I see no problem with that, except I would rather hold onto Gonzalez for the whole of his spell - he just causes defenses much discomfort.

Would be happy, with half the job done, to see more lads from the cantera, e.g Pedro Solis.

As you say Franco, a great job in first half of descenso problems, but have to keep it up....

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Why why why? This doesn't make logical sense, were trying to avoid relegation, getting someone like Osorno defeats the purpose. Although Im sure Tuca will be very reluctant to try something out of la cantera, our best option would be to shop around and try to find another gem like Scocco.

6. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Osorno, mmm... not exactly what I'm expecting, he did have his moments this Apertura with Atlas, but he does not look like a guy that's gonna solve our problems up there. Another guy being mentioned is Chamagol, first of all, I don't think we have much of a chance to get him since other teams are after him, but even if we do get him, I see the guy as either a new idol or a big disaster, not necessarialy the guy who's gonna become our new goal scoring leader. Still landing a Chamagol is much better than landing an Osorno, too bad that the second sounds more possible right now.

What I'm expecting for next year? Well some changes on the offense, which are already being made, and that's about it, I don't really expect the team to change their style or anything, just to get as much points as possible to forget about relegation, and who knows? if we make la liguilla next Clausura we might have better luck.

7. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    That's interesting, I was always a big admirer of Chilean when at Atlante, but he's looked pretty ordinary at Tigres, but I guess they have problems, he's the sort which you fancy will always score.

8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    been away for a couple of weeks.

first friendly today, away at San Luis. Didn't see it at all. Paco Palencia started, but came off after 12 mins after knock to the face, to be replaced by Chupa, who says this season will be his last in Mexico. Game finished 2-2, goals for us from Leandro free kick, and Chupa following Parejita pass. Don't have full line-ups sorry.

Wednesday night another friendly, v Atlante. Not sure where it is, but bound to be in the city, so hopefully will go.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Here were the starting line-ups for Pumas-San Luis:

PUMAS: Sergio Bernal, Jehu Chiapas, Israel Castro, Darío Verón, Alex Diego, Efraín Velarde, Antonio Sancho, Leandro Augusto, José Luis López, Ignacio Scocco, Francisco Palencia.

SAN LUIS:Adrián Martínez, Michael Orozco, Oscar Mascorro, Alfredo González, Omar Domínguez, Israel Martínez, Irenio Soares, Marcelo Guerrero, Angel Reyna, Sebastián Abreu, Sebastian Pereira.

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Alineaciones:
    Pumas: Sergio Bernal, Israel Castro, Efraín Velarde, Darío Verón, Alex Diego, Jehu Chiapas (Ismael Iñiguez), Antonio Sancho, Leandro Augusto, José Luis López, Ignacio Scocco y Francisco Palencia.

Atlante: Federico Vilar, David Oteo, Joel González (Rodolfo Espinoza), Eduardo Rergis, Mario Hernández, Javier Muñoz, Arturo Echevarria (Emiliano Rodríguez), José María Cárdenas (Gerardo Espinoza), Hugo García (Daniel Alcanzar), Gustavo Biscayzacu y Cristian Canio

our goals from Chiapas and Leandro, both from service by Pareja.

Any ideas why Pikolin has not played in these friendlies? Or Ailton?

Last one on Saturday, although the club told me yesterday they do not have opponents yet.

11. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    well, just over a week until we kick off again, and I must say I am getting very very excited by the thought of standing at CU again. Actually so starved of footy, I may go to the Cruz Azul v Pachuca match on Saturday as well - should be an interesting game, to boot.

So this is the line up I would like to see starting next Sunday, v Atlas:-

--------------------BERNAL-----------------

-- CASTRO -- PIKOLIN -- VERON -- VELARDE --

-- PAREJITA -- SANCHO -- LEANDRO -- AILTON

----------- SCOCCO ------ PALENCIA -------

What do you think? or maybe we could play 5-4-1. I guess when Ailton is suspended we will switch to 5-3-2, with Leandro on left, now Morales is out on loan. Or maybe 4-3-3, as we still have plenty of strikers. Having Leandro out left is far from ideal, but it will happen, Ailton will get a couple of reds - refs hate him. Also if Sancho gets injured/suspended we will see Castro in contencion, and Espinoza at right back. Hugo Rodallega has gone to Monterrey, so at least we know he won't be scoring against us again.

Of course he may start with Chupa over Scocco, but I hope not. Chupa has said this will be his last season in Mexico.

Thats what I think anyway, any other ideas?

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
  13. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Looks like Tuca's finally thinking

I like that line up. But with Ailton out on a red I'd like to see the same thing but as a 4-3-3 with Chupa up front. Although knowing Tuca I wont really count on it. Or even a 4-4-2 (diamond) with Scocco setting up Paco and Chupa.

14. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    me thinks we gonna be lethal this year!!

15. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yea looks like its going to be a better one from last season but its going to be a harder fight for the decenso since Santos and Tigres have acquired all does players.

16. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Me thinks Santos will have America... well more appropriately... Tigres symptom.

17. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well, I certainly hope so.... but various superstitions and a long life of bitter disappointment preclude me from sharing this optimism.

18. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    My fearless prediction is that it will not be Santos or Tigres that will be battling for relegation. It will be Queretaro and Veracruz.

19. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Good of you to stick you neck out!! Lets remind ourselves of the situation after 17 played, and 17 to go:-

12th Atlante 109 from 85 1.2824
    13rd Tigres 104 from 85 1.2235%
    14th Tecos 104 from 85 1.2235%
    15th Pumas 104 from 85 1.2235%
    16th San Luis 61 from 51 1.1961%
    17th Santos 95 from 85 1.1176%
    18th Queretaro 18 from 17 1.0588%

I have taken off the 3 points that San Luis and Queretaro lose for not playing youngsters, if they do that again this season, they will be playing themselves into a whole heap of trouble....