Looking for other leagues

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by johnssmith1, Nov 30, 2017.

1. johnssmith1

johnssmith1 New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Sorry did not know where to put this thread but I am getting extremely bored with the premier league and football in general. More specifically I am wanting more passion, unique tactics and formations, people trying things in football even if they fail or anything that is not the same old same old. I do have a preference for the almost dead old style playmaker passers (Pirlo, shelvey etc) if that helps. Is this a hopeless request? please save me from my groundhogs day football nightmare.

2. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
    hey did you find something?

3. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Some of these threads on the first page are so old. I don't know why this section of the forum exists. Maybe a moderator could reorganize these threads into an archives section of the forum.

With that being said, football has reached something of an end point. Tactically and in terms of how players can express themselves, the game has almost run it's course.

Personally I get a kick out of older football matches. To see players like van Hanegem, Cruyff, and Rep against Rivelino and Jairzinho is something special. To watch Ajax beat Bayern 4-0 in '73 and then to watch the majority of the same players contest the World Cup final in '74 with the West Germans winning will put your head into a spin. How I wish FIFA, UEFA, Sky Sports, ITV, and BBC would open up their archives to us regular fans.

@NewDadaCoach

If you're interested, I have a couple of old football matches featuring Tottenham from the '80s. Ossie Ardiles, Glenn Hoddle, Steve Archibald... I'd be happy to send you copies for free. Quality is not picture perfect, but much superior to VHS.

4. Reesechanson

Reesechanson New Member

May 20, 2021
    Hi! I am a podcaster & I host a Football/Soccer podcast called "The Reese Chanson podcast". We mainly focus on Manchester United & English Premier League related matters. I know your a busy person & I wouldn't want to take up much of your time. so if & when you find 30 minutes to spare in your busy schedule, Check out our latest episode & I also understand that not everyone is a Football/Soccer fan. But perhaps you might know someone who is, so feel free recommend us. I thank you in advance. Please visit our website, We are available on all major digital platforms such Spotify, Google podcast, Amazon Music , audible, apple podcast, etc making it easy for you to listen & to subscribe. [emoji830]We Release NEW episodes every Monday, Wednesday & Friday's. https://reesechansonpod.transistor.fm/subscribe