Looking for Name of EPL Commentator

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by ChicagoTom, Aug 4, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Does anyone know the name of the main commentator of Fox Soccer Channel's Monday EPL matches? He has a deep voice and he does a really nice job calling a game. I have never caught his name and was wondering if anyone else knew it.

Thanks!

2. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    ummm...is this the TWI b-cast?
    They have a rotating cast of announcers.

3. shanks909

shanks909 Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Possibly Martin Tyler???
    I seem to remember hearing him mostly on Monday games last season.

4. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Last season's Monday Night commentators from TWI were usually Martin Tyler (PBP) and former Jamaican international Robbie Earle.

On Sky/ESPN Asia, I recall reading that it was Alan Parry or Rob Hawthorne with former Arsenal star Brian Marwood.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Thanks everyone! I think it is Alan Parry.

6. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    Tom,

I was cleaning up some recorded matches and heard Alan Parry commenting on the Southampton-Fulham match from last season. His voice wasn't really that deep. Could it have been Jon Champion? Or Ian Darke?

Or, THE VOICE, Martin Tyler?

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    JT, I went back and found a tape from a Monday night Fulham match. I checked Fulham vs Charlton from 12-20-04 and the announcer I was wondering about was Martin Tyler. I think he does a lot of those Monday night matches. I did not think to go back through old tapes.

I did check the Southampton-Fulham and that was Alan Parry. He usually has commentary for the Sunday morning PPV matches if I am not mistaken. All of the announcers are good, but Tyler is my favorite.

Thanks!