Looking for more league organisers

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by FinestFootball.co.uk, Jan 1, 2009.

1. FinestFootball.co.uk

Mar 17, 2006
    Hi everyone. First time poster, but please don’t consider this as a throwaway post as it’s posted here for a reason – it may be of particular interest to you as a fan of your club.

I and another Wycombe Wanderers fan have been running a Prediction League for our club for two seasons now. We’re at a point where the site is fully automated (apart from adding the fixtures into the database and updating them (1 minute job each week!).

You can take a look at the site we have created here; http://finestfootball.co.uk/predictionleague

What is unique about the league is that you only predict on your clubs games. Most prediction leagues make you predict on games/leagues you are not interested in. I have no interest in a site where I have to research anything other than MY team, so we chose not to create a site like that.

It’s not visually stunning, but it is very functional and we will be updating the styling for the new season. Each league would be branded separately and would not be linked in any way to the Wycombe Wanderers site.

It would be great if the hard work that has gone into the site could be used for fans of other clubs. So I invite you to contact me at martin@finestfootball.co.uk if you would be interested in taking the reins of your own prediction league, or even just to discuss the possibility.

It doesn’t take a computer science degree to run the league, as everything is done through a simple administration section of the website. Also each user has a personal control panel where they can administer their own account – so the league will pretty much runs itself anyway.

There is currently a small amount of advertising on a few pages within the site, and you will receive a fair slice of the profits your own league generates. It doesn’t amount to a lot, but we are always interested in adding extra revenue creating sections to the website (to be discussed if you so wish).

If any of this interests you, drop me an email (martin@finestfootball.co.uk) and if it doesn’t, have a happy and prosperous new year anyway!

Thanks,
    Martin