Looking for feedback on a possible Revs Supporters World Cup tournament this summer

Discussion in 'New England Supporters Clubs' started by SeñorFutbol, Feb 9, 2010.

1. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
  2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not working Mike....The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

And I can't find you on FB

3. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to chime in here - senorfootball can upload the pics free to http://www.tinypic.com and just copy and paste the short link they provide (tinypic.com/xxxx) into this forum using the image tags. It works easier in this context than facebook where you have to be mindful of permissions, pivacy, etc.

Enjoy the tourney - hope it's awesome!!

4. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks RevsLiverpool! Nifty tool!

I took advantage of the warm weather this past weekend and broke ground. I was able to assemble and place the Regulation Goal. The goal will be used for the skills competition and possible halftime entertainment. During the tournament I think it will be for the scorers table and 4th official for subs to enter.

The goal line will be one of the sidelines. The corner flag is the edge of the 18yd. penalty area (I'm creating this for my personal use) and goal line for the small sided pitch. The field will be app. 40 yard L X 25 yard W using two 6' X 12' goals. The field is "unique" and not flat in all areas. There is one corner and partial sideline with a significant drop off, but it should add to the creativity of the players and interesting game moments.

I'll add more pics during progress.

The following is pretty much ready to go. Just waiting for warmer weather.

Small sided goals
    Field Lining
    Corner Flags
    Scoreboard
    Field Board Sponsorhip Advertising System
    Field Lighting System

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is starting to look like a seriously awesome event! cant wait to display my sweet skills. and for those that dont know, my soccer skills are outdone by my drinking skills!

6. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone should have to drink at least a 6 pack before playing.

Just to even things up between the drinkers and the people who actually know how to play.

7. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha... chances are my mens team will be playing this day anyway, so i should be tired/drunk as hell

8. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Revolution Supporters Cup

After reviewing the schedule with "La Jefa" we are considering the tourney date of Sat. 5/22The Revs play @ Toronto at 4pm. The tourney might have to start earlier then expected to wrap up by 3:00-3:30, but it might be a better chance to get the viewing party at the local pub because of the window before the evening crowd.I'll be following up with them this week to see what they say about hosting.

I'm considering a 12 team tourney.

4x4 (6 players per team - 2 subs)

4 groups of 3 teams - Round Robin Format (each team gauranteed 2 matches in group play) Winners of each group advance to Semifinals and then Finals.

WOULD A 9am START BE TOO EARLY? Trying to figure out how to wrap it up at least 30 minutes before Revs game at 4pm.

9. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up. This definitely changes things. Looks like I'll have to take this to the tailgate committee for feedback on date/time. I was thinking today of the option of possibly hosting it before a home match. We are only an easy 25-30 minutes (back roads through Millis, Norfolk, Walpole) to Gillette Stadium. If the tourney got wrapped up by 5:00 everyone could then head to the stadium for full tailgating. Also folks might be inclined to head to this event since they might be planning to attend the Revs game anyway.

11. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    It's looking like the Sat. 6/5 date is back on for the Supporters World Cup. It will allow for an afternoon kickoff which is better for everyone. I spoke wih the local pub about hosting the Away Game Viewing Party for the 10:30pm match vs. Seattle. They are on board and said they would accomodate all Revs fans. I'll have more details about the event including Team Registration and Tournament Rules shortly. I hope to have flyers ready for the 5/1 match to help draw interest. I will probably start a new thread if that's OK with the Mods.

Below are pics of the pitch. It's coming along. Last weekend I painted the smaller goals that will be used for the games. You can see the goal placement and get an idea of the field size. App. 40 yards X 30 yards. First mow will probably be next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is one crazy elevation change from the bottom of Mt. SeñorFutbol to the top. :D

[​IMG]

13. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Yes. One corner and sideline have a signficant slope that will cause some issues during play. I'm sure over time folks will figure how to either take advantage of that or be defeated by it.

As I mentioned previously it is a "unique" pitch!

14. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe if there is enough people you could get even more crazy and play 3 legged soccer tying two players together

15. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Mods please close this thread.

For information regarding the tournament please refer to new thread titled:

2010 New England Supporters Cup

16. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Saw this today...glad to see the Revs Supporters groups still getting together to battle on the pitch.

I'm hoping to put together another away game viewing party/small sided tournament again sometime in the future...probably won't happen until 2014+though.

The Second Annual Revolution Supporters’ Cup is on.

That’s right. The 2013 Supporters’ Cup is official, and as current title-holders we’re excited to get back on the field to defend our superiority.
    Saturday, June 29th
    Gillette Stadium
    Gates: 6:30pm
    Kickoff: 7:00pm
    Proceeds benefit the One Fund

There are a few new details. Last year we had such a great turnout and raised a bunch of money for Think Taylor and the Revs’ Charitable Foundation. In 2013 we’re building on what we learned last year to make sure this year is even better.
    Tryouts
    Last year’s turnout exceeded expectations, which was fantastic but led to a bit of an overflow on the sidelines. While we would love to guarantee everyone playing time, there are only so many spots on the field and minutes in a game. This year we’ll be conducting two tryouts:
    • Franklin, MA – EMC Field:
      Sunday, June 16th
      10:00am
    • Boston, MA: TBA
    There will be a $10 tryout fee – if you are not selected, this amount will count as your entry fee as a spectator. If you are selected, the full fee for participation is $50 (an additional $40 after the tryout fee). Remember, all proceeds will go to a great cause. Tryouts are open to any 2013 member of the Midnight Riders age 16 or older. Go here to sign up for the Franklin tryout.
    Five of the 25 spots will be available for “buyout” – that is, if you just can’t imagine not representing the Riders on that pitch, you may purchase a spot on the team for $100. These spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis after tryouts are completed, and if they are not filled, we will pick additional players to fill the roster.
    Spectators
    As hinted at above, the fee for spectators will be just $10, with proceeds going to the One Fund. Even if you don’t intend to play, come join us to cheer on the Riders and then stick around for the viewing party afterward!
    [​IMG]
    Jerseys
    We’re fortunate to be sponsored by both theBanshee and Parlor Sports this time around, and we will have a limited number of jerseys available displaying our crest and these sponsorships. Those who make the final roster will automatically receive a jersey, and others may purchase them for $25. Presale will end on June 9th.
    If you are selected for the team and have purchased a jersey, that money will go toward your entry fee.
    After Party
    We’ll be having a private viewing party for the Revs-Chivas away game following the match at the CBS Scene, right next door to the stadium. Come join us to cheer on the Revs as they show Chivas their appreciation for the Agudelo trade.
    We’re really excited about this year’s Supporters’ Cup – we can’t wait to add another star above our crest. We hope you’re excited too. We’ll see you at tryouts!
    Reigning champions,
    The Midnight Riders

patfan1 repped this.