Looking for an old Snapple Commercial

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Jacen McCullough, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Hey folks,

I've been trying to track down an old Snapple commercial for a friend, and I've had zero luck in google, Youtube and any other search. She remembers the commercial being something like "7 words that sound dirty, but aren't" and she seems pretty sure that one of the words was "masticate." Does this commercial ring a bell for anyone? Anybody know where I can find a link to either the actual commercial or at least the list of 7 words?

Thanks!

2. BSDGuyShawn

BSDGuyShawn New Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I have been looking for an old series of Snapple radio commercials. They were all based around 2 guys asking ridiculous questions like:
    Would you rather have sausage for fingers
    or
    Grass for hair

then they would talk about each one like:
    Links or patties, etc....

and end with one pondering:
    Hmm, hmmmm, hmmm.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Why is Snapple's Marketing Department posting on BigSoccer:rolleyes:

I kid, :D
    speaking of comercials, I remember one from Budweiser, which was some old dudes, some young guys, and some babes (one stunning brunette, and a even more stunning redhead) who I would have in an instant given marriage proposals to. Just hanging out at a bar .... nothing special (well other than the babes)

And the 30 second ad went something like....
    Lush late-50's early-60's Pop lush female vocals (no lyrics - just humming)

NARRATOR: "The old-timers may have their reasons.."
    OLD TIMER 1: "Its the hops"
    OLD TIMER 2: "Its the grains"
    CAMERA PANS TO SMOKING BABES... who smile to each other and then one of the babes looks at her pool shot and then looks at one of the young dudes...
    YOUNG DUDE THINKS "But we have our own reasons"

That was it. I only remember it - because I used to tape the live episodes of Seinfeld onto my VHS. And it was on one of the commercials. Somewhere along the line I noticed, I kept rewinding to see the commercial:eek:

4. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    I realized... if you're still looking for the snapple commercial for your friend.... do the following...

A) Pinpoint BEST YOU CAN the date/month the snapple ad aired (THIS WILL BE Important in part C

B) Contact Snapple's Press Division and "Suck up to them/kiss their/ compliment them / Snapple is the ONLY drink for me, blalbalbal... " and tell them you loved the commercials... because remember... you might be a sneaky reporter doing a thing on "WORST commercials ever" type thing....

B2) Hopefully in a day or 4, Snapple will contact you back, saying that an Advertising Agency name _______ did the ad - maybe they still have a copy in their archives

C) Contact Advertising Agency _______ and ask them if you could buy a copy of the ad offer $50. I know SUPER STEEP for 30 - 60 sec. of TV time, but remember, these advertising people get paid millions to do ads for companies that make Billions and Millions ride on a good ad / PR campaign. So they will NOT like a phone call for some ad they worked on 3 - 5 yrs ago, for someone's girlfriend... but if you kiss up, pamper their egos (this is key) ... they will hunt down the video and send you a copy for (i'm guessing here shipping & cost of a DVD / VHS)

Hope this helps both of you. But don't forget these are super busy people. Be respectful but be heavy with the compliments. Good luck!