looking a gift horse in the mouth

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by blank25, Mar 17, 2006.

1. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    On the surface the free trip & tail gating & ticket to game seems to good to pass. Working married stiffs like me can't be leave the wife at home for a 16 hour day & still be in shape to go to work on Monday. Wish I could go so I'll watch them on the tele instead.

2. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Does you wife know you call her a horse?

3. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    seriously. you might soon have more free time on your hands that you expect.

4. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Jeez, what's more important: Another day on the job or the chance to see RBNY open a can of whupbutt on those DC troglodytes? If you need help faking sick on the phone, try sniffing an onion to get your nose and eyes running before you call your boss. It works for me every time.

5. soccerwow

soccerwow Member

Jul 29, 2005
    NEPA
    hmmm....ever think of taking your wife to the game with you?

6. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Arn't woman supposed to be in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant?

7. soccerwow

soccerwow Member

Jul 29, 2005
    NEPA
    yeah, pregnant with the mail man's baby(with all due respect to postal workers)

8. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY

especially if you're gone for those 16 hour days. ;)

but yeah...i'm in the same boat...would love to go...but from long island...having to be at giants stadium by 10 am or so...means i have to cut out of here by 8:30 to make sure....and likely won't be home til 2:00 am...

with 2 kids, i gotta pick the battles wisely...this is one i may just pass on...though i'm dying to go.....haven't been on a bus trip in 3 or so years...its a blast.

9. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    On the job point just take the following Monday off say you have a family thing down in D.C. cause we as Metro (damn this is going to be hard to get used to) Red Bull fan are a family.
    2nd the wife and kids institute the guys extended night out clause and be super dad on the Saturday before.
    Oh getting on the road at 8 a.m. I just have 3 words for you on that "SUCK IT UP"

10. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its realy not that bad as you imagine it to be. On the way back you can snooze off,take short naps on the bus. And the wife might need a brake too:D

11. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    My wife is going to the first home game. I asked her to come on the road trip, since it's free, but when I told her we'd be gone from 11 AM to around Midnight, she just scolded me for setting her up! Two Parrots and dog can't wait that long for the attention they need.

I promptly offered to let her go instead of me. In fact, I insisted!

I never would have done that if I thought for a second she'd take me up on it.

I'm confused about transportation. I understood tht the ESC buswould be at 33rd Street near Stout, and that it would then go to Giants Stadium to pick up ESC folk in NJ. Couldn't we take non-ESCs to the Swamp, where they would then transfer to one of the other busses, and make room for ESC/NJs?

Seems simple enough to me.

12. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Are they going to be sitting on each others laps? And frankly, why should they? The ESC'rs PAID for the bus, why should they offer free rides?

13. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I think Corey said the ESC would pass on this one, and save 2 grand, since Red Bull was providing transportation. Maybe this means there will be no bus at 33rd after all.

We need Corey to post a notice re: ESC situation with the busses.

I'm going to check with NJ Transit on the last bus out of the Meadowlands on Sunday nights. Getting there shouldn't be a problem; getting back could mean a pricey taxi ride. The prospect of staying in a motel Sunday night and catching a Monday morning bus back to NYC in time for work is not to an option for me.

I would hope Red Bull could place at least one bus at Stout on 33rd Street. The 'free ride' would only be to the Swamp, and then the return to NYC from the Swamp after the game. Not a big deal, is it?

14. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^^ this right here is a man with a plan. :D