Look on the Bright Side: Team Germany

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    And I've still got that discarded card somewhere. It may end up being valuable some day. Funny old world indeed.

(I may well post in the new forum occasionally, but I've been a Rivalry regular for a few years now, and on the whole I'm quite happy here, thank you. I like a place where I can post about discarded Almuth Schult cards without first having to worry about propriety or pertinence. Feel free to close this thread - we may just feel free enough to open a new one.)

blissett repped this.
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would you think that?

P to the Wee repped this.
  3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    The Rivalry "was created to remove more juvenile content from the main boards". I occasionally feel very juvenile inside, so I'm very happy to stay removed most of the time.

Jenson repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The German forum does not exclude this. Not at all. It is basically a free for all at this stage. We could create another more rivalry like thread there. Or we move this original thread to the new forum. But ok if thats your choice then Im okay with it.

P to the Wee repped this.
  5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    In situations like this, White/Blue, when the world feels hopeless and uncaring, I have always found the following mantra useful:

It's all Conny Pohlers' fault.

Translate it to whatever language you like. Chant it over and over until you feel better.

Side effects may include the following: nausea; headache; angst; masochism; blackouts; sympathy for Inka Grings; an inexplicable desire to cheer for Djurgården and/or Sweden.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only time I would come to feeling totally hopeless was when my parents would tell me that I am actually of Swedish decent. Weltschmerz that would be oohhhh. I swear to god, one day Sweden will pay for the annoyance that is their very existence!!!!!!

7. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wait, are you saying that you are Swedish? [boldface added to the quote]
    Gosh, it's times like this that make one wish that there were a more functional subjunctive mood in English.

Smulan and blissett repped this.
  8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Id kill myself if I get to know Im Swedish.

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #2084 Smulan, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Yeah, and so would all the posters you regularly presume to be Swedish. And yet you say you've been around here for 5 years?

Incidentally, you say there's no hinder to making silly posts "upstairs": there should be. The distinction between the forums was there for a reason. Five-page treatises about match tactics weren't meant for Rivalry; smirking and nugde-nudgeing wasn't meant for "upstairs".

jocasta, blissett and Micol repped this.
  10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey we get it. You dont want to be part of the Germany forum and thats fine. If you're feeling better by staying away and considering yourself an exclusive elite that only contributes every two weeks to the rivalry part then so be it. But that doesnt mean normal nt talk and rivalry cant go together - various forums in the Germany NT and club forums have proven that it can work pretty well.

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #2086 Smulan, Sep 23, 2015
    My point was exactly this: forums and threads "upstairs" have often had a Rivalry equivalent purely to separate the sublime from the ridiculous, thus making your call for closure of this thread entirely superfluous. Some post in both "modes", others stick to one or the other. I don't see that that's elitist in any way.

blissett repped this.
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So where is the difference in posting rivalry in an exclusive thread in the Germany forum and posting here? Where are your examples for rivalry downstairs equivalents throughout bigsoccer? "Often" is the absolute euphemism for almost never. The argument is pleaded and you know it. Just be honest and say you dont want to because "it has always been that way".

We want to unite, you want to separate and that is the elitist truth.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #2088 Smulan, Sep 23, 2015
    Ever studied marketing of services? If so, did you pass the course? (Clue: Belligerence doesn't usually work.)

Also, if irregular Rivalry posters are elitist irritants: why do you soooo want "us" on board? Why isn't there space for people in numerous tiers of Big Soccer? And who made you the judge of appropriate posting behaviour?

blissett repped this.
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This question I will answer if you ask me again in a thread especially created for rivalry/offtopic related issues in the new Germany forum. See you there!!!

15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Will we be able to bleat about our latest imaginary football bae's there? If so, I might just rush there.

16. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Have they gone yet? Is it safe to chat again? ;)

I saw Kulig walking by BC Place on the day of Germany's 3rd place game in Edmonton. On her own. It seems symbolic to me, that she was quietly walking away from a stadium, the day before she 'should' have been playing in a final with her NT. What a player. I've heard more than once that Kessler is done too. How depressing from a football fan's pov.

How does Schult look in a hat?

Smulan, Micol and blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Really? That would be really sad...

At least she won POTY in time...

18. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh she doesn't need one.

[​IMG]

jocasta, Jenson, Smulan and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Awww, not Kessler??? Without casting aspersions on such an auspicious persona as yourself - were these sources reputable?

20. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    I don't know why they would make it up. But then it was a 'I heard' kindathing (some months back), so clearly not cold, hard, fact at all. I'd hope that they were merely emphasising the potential of a negative outcome, and that they're wrong. And should lighten up. As should I!

21. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Anyhoo, who is going to Duisburg on the 26th Nov?

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah heard the same info at the Champions League final in Berlin from a German football agent.

23. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    good-bye legendary basement