Look on the Bright Side: Team Germany

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, she said she'll finish the season with the NWSL team which runs through Sept (and then playoffs) but I have not seen anything that says she will play next season. She has said she wants to start a family. So, if things go well for her, I presume she will be pregnant within the coming year. Her husband is an NBA player with the team in New Orleans.

She will most likely (I think) also play the USWNT post-WWC tour games this summer/fall since that is how the 23 on the team earn their bonus salary money. No show, no pay.

Gromit06 repped this.
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What are the odds Petermann was brought up cause Silv knew for the longest time Sasic would retire?

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Now, cultural sciences. She has already finished training in marketing communication.

(eta: Sasic, this is.)

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Maybe, yes. And... she played.

7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOOOLso true :laugh::laugh:.
    Anyway, good bye Celia you'll be missed. Since I saw her played the first time...world cup U20 in Thailand (2004)...I liked her , clearly way above the average (as some may believe) but I will never forget that she choose Germany over France despite having a french mum and talking perfectly french......Good luck in her "new" life.

8. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Can`t say I`m too unhappy about it. She always fought,but she belonged to Neid`s favs ( not the only one - Krahn i`m looking at you ) and her technical skillz always made me cringe. I am happy for her that she at least won several titles and I wish her all the best for her second career, but this will always stand out to me, as her defining moment.

[​IMG]

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  9. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    She got the Wambach juju.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With Celia retiring I guess there was no sense in @Batfink posting here anymore.

gricio61 and Gromit06 repped this.
  11. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No Sasic, yes party

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im hoping Petermann will be CF choice from now on.

:x3::notworthy::x3:

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Steffi to be Silv's assistant from now on. And to make this news look better here some pic of Hermione:
    [​IMG]

P to the Wee repped this.
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Here ends the career of Kim Kulig football player. Her knee just isn't cooperating, and she has decided to give up trying.

Having studied sports management, she'll be working full time for DFB in future, and also continue to work for German TV as a co-commentator for international matches.

blissett repped this.
  16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And as a consequence of Angerer retiring, Almuth Schult is the new official nr. 1 goalie and Saskia "Whoopsie" Bartusiak is the new captain. During the WC in Berlin in 2011, I was walking along the street and spotted a cast-off football collectors' card on the ground: Almuth Schult, the German third choice goalie. I wasn't quite as unimpressed by her as the person who'd discarded her on the street, but I didn't give her much of a chance for the senior team given the competition she had at the time, despite having seen her live in the U20s the year before. And now she's Germany's first keeper. It's a funny old world.

Micol and blissett repped this.
  17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have our own forum now people! :p

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had the sad feeling it was going to end this way... :( I can't say I saw a lot of her playing (who could, after all, in these last 4 years or such?) but I was quite liking her. Probably what also stroke me was the fact that what I think was her first major injury happened in the first minutes of the legendary quarter-final at WWC 2011, won by Japan in extra-time...

Well, my best wishes to Kim Kulig for her next career: could she be luckier than she was on the pitch! :)

gricio61 repped this.
  19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why is this thread not closet yet?

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apart from the fact that threads with similars subjects can exist in "Women's International" and in "Women's Rivalry Forum", don't you think that it's a little arrogant to ask for a thread that goes on since January 2011 to be closed, because two people had the idea to open a new one? What kind of respect there is for historical members who posted here for years?

P to the Wee, at least, tries to be smiling and cheerful about that. But anyway, I guess you two would have had best luck if you had discussed the issue with veteran Germany fans (and posters in general), or anyway if you had been more respectful, instead of trying to impose the new thread to everyone.

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So why did those historical members not speak out against it when we discussed a new thread plz?

We discussed it in the customer service service for two months! Look it up how many posters wanted it! I guess the 2 count is more applicable to those veteran posters. So "imposed" is nonsense. And why those members would not want German footy get their thread plus forums is beyond me - there cant be a qualified reason.

22. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not here to criticize, but I completely fail to see the point in keeping a long time single thread active vs. moving over to ones own forum. New forum allows for more organization so it's easier to find stuff, easier to browse, and easier to attract new members. It's not as if this thread is being deleted and forever gone and you lose all these posts. But just like every forum does, they open up new threads every now and then when they get too big, whether it's a transfer thread, other teams thread, team discussion, etc.. Nobody insists on keeping them open just because they accumulated many pages.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's the approach that I like the most, compared to White/Blue's one, P the Wee: reasoning, discussing and comparing different points of view in a civil manner. So, I am going to give you an answer, although I have to admit that I am somehow a third-party.

I chimed in because I didn't like the "tone" of certain replies, but maybe I am not the most qualified to talk here, because (as I guess it's obvious) I am not actually a Germany fan and I only come here from time to time to discuss random subjects of my interest. What I do know, though, as a 4-years-old regular of the women's section of BigSoccer, is that things here don't always work in a "logical" manner, but it's often a question of habits, of groups of friends forming and evolving (or even dissolving), of the particular "atmosphere" of certain threads, keeping them alive or daming them to a long agony or a sudden death...
    I repeat and stress once again that I am not an expert of this particular thread, but I know a lot of people that use to post here, not very often actually, but with a longtime regularity. They slowly came to somehow know each other and they feel at ease with each other. You can't come here and suddenly say: "hey, there is this new shiny Germany thread, let's go there all together!" and expect that everyone follows you right away. Maybe there is a reason if a dedicated Germany thread in the "Women's International" forum hadn't existed so far (and beware: I don't know the exact answer): probably you have to foster a community wanting to support it first (and feeling for the particular "spirit" of that thread, compared to the "Rivalry Forum" one), and then open it, not the other way around. But these are just my two cents. If some of the Germany fans that use to post here want to add anything, they'll probably have more meaningful things to say (although I have to say that their silence looks quite eloquent).

gricio61 and JanBalk repped this.
  24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah like Im not hanging around in these parts of the forums for 5 years now. Blisset your take is noble in defending those who are too shy to defending themselves. But that doesnt change they are the same ones who didnt bother to speak up back then like they do now. I even think they didnt react cause they wanted this own forum to fail. So this is their problem - not the one of the community.

Thread can be closed then.