Longer Throw In

Discussion in 'Player' started by coppa, Sep 9, 2007.

1. coppa

coppa New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Downingtown, PA
    I'd say my throw in is average. I play in the middle so I don't really take many but I am interested in finding out how to improve it. How would I go about making my throw longer? Back flexibility? Arm strength? Is there any science to this?

2. Apriori

Apriori New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Detroit
    I'm sure that arm strength plays into it but like most things, form is very important too.
    The most important thing is to make the most of all of your throws, though...If you can time all of your throws right and know where to throw it, it means a lot more than how strongly you can throw it.

3. fredthered55

fredthered55 New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    hmm...
    i think you might wanna see how some players on tv do throws. like, some jump then when their feet touch the ground, they throw. some have their body angled in a different way.
    i've heard bending your elbows to the max helps increase throwing distance. and also, keep your elbows pointed outward.

4. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    do the jumpy thingy but when you take it arch your back and ripple up through your body and throw it with the riple so stomach, shoulders, arms forward, release the ball and follow through otherwise it will just go up

5. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    The flip throw-in.

6. pdubc15

pdubc15 Member

Feb 9, 2007
    nyc
    triceps and lats.