Long Sleeve MLS Jerseys

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by sjjn, Nov 15, 2003.

1. sjjn

sjjn Member

Mar 29, 2002
    NYC
    Are they available anywhere? All the teams wear them in games but I can't find any online. Specifically looking for FIRE, but interested in others.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I can't find any either...... :(

3. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Long-sleeve jerseys are harder to find in general it seems (except for maybe the Kappa ones). Don't know why that is. I've always thought they looked cooler.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    For the bigger teams it's not hard to find long sleeve jerseys, but smaller teams like in MLS it's damn near impossible.

www.metrostars.com offers 2 long sleeve jerseys from last year for sale.

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn those are sharp. I wish they had changed the logo and just kept the old jersey.

=/ oh well.

But yeah, It's real hard to find long sleeve jerseys period.

soccer.com has an Ajax champs league jersey that is long sleeved but it is only available in small.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think the home Rapids jersey with Spencer on the back looks freken cool :)

8. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Some clubs, such as DC United,hold team equipment sales occassionally throughout the year. At these sales you can find anything from long sleeve jerseys, old player jerseys, warm-ups, practice uniforms, socks, jackets, etc., all on sale. Usually, when a club gets a new jersey, the spare jerseys of the out-going style are sold.

If you are unsure about whether your club does this, you may just want to contact them and ask. They've got to get rid of their old equipment someway or another.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    the Metros just sell the older jerseys at full price on their webpage....

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  11. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Reebok are the only large kit manufacturer to sell long-sleeved shirts. You can get long-sleeved home and away shirts for Liverpool, Bolton, West Ham, Manchester City and Hearts. They are moderately popular but it entirely depends on whether the shirt looks different with sleeves (West Ham's home shirt looks awful with long sleeves). It is nice to have the choice, eventhough it costs £5 extra.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Reebok is not the only company to sell long sleeve jerseys..... Nike, Adidas, and many others sell them.

But in regards to MLS, getting long sleeve jerseys is rather difficult.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Any updates on long sleeve MLS jerseys ?

14. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nobody knows, but we're all really glad you're so prolifically posting on this thread, singlehandedly keeping it alive.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    And thanks for helping out Jeff buddy. :)

16. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    I asked soccerstore.com and ussoccerstore.com and they told me they'll not be getting the new US National team jersey in long sleeves. o well.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Does anyone recall the last set of USA or MLS jerseys that was actually released in long sleeve ?

18. SeanH.

SeanH. New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Boston
    Nothing recent. You can pick up a vintage replica of the USMNT from the 40's or 50's but those are in cotton and look damn heavy.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Anyone wanna take bets on the first MLS team / kit manufacturer that will release long sleeve jerseys for sale to the general public?

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Any takers??

21. EschikagouFC

EschikagouFC New Member

Apr 14, 2003
    former Chi, now ATL
    The Fire had a used and new (old) equipment sale a couple of weeks ago and they had some long sleeve jerseys for sale. This is the only time I've ever seen long sleeve Fire jerseys for sale. As others noted, they are not usually for sale to the public, but just some last season extras.

22. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many teams have equipment sales (lik DC United) where you can pick up old or never-worn long-sleeve jerseys. Another way to get one is to contact the team's equipment manager.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Can;t recall the Metrostars having an equipment sale recently.....

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The fire and Puma will offer long sleeve jerseys for sale next year.