London Reds... Our Thoughts Are With You

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by twh3, Jul 7, 2005.

1. twh3

twh3 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just a note to say that I hope all London Reds are safe and sound today. Our thoughts are with you all and I hope that you and yours are OK. As A New Yorker, I know something of what you are going through and hope you will stay strong.

Please be well.

Tom

2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Personally, I don't see a reason to single anyone one group out for safety........ :confused:

3. twh3

twh3 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    OF COURSE I hope all are safe... Just assumed they weren't reading a Liverpool board. Thanks for questioning a note of sympathy.

4. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
  5. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a New Yorker who understands exactly what all of you are going through, you must stay strong. Grieve for the lost, but the single biggest thing you can do to get back at the terrorists is not be fazed. The world has no doubt about your resiliancy, you survived and thrived after nazi blitzkrieg, and you will do the same after the terrorist attacks of today.

My thoughts and prayers are with all Britons.
    -Greg Oddo, Huntington Station, New York

6. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    My point is that in light of the attacks, you would have to hope that everyone is safe. The original post wished for the safety of Liverpool fans in London. What was wrong with saying Liverpool fans AND everyone else? Or more to the point what was wrong with saying everyone, regardless of affiliation? I don't want to appear churlish, but I doubt anyone caught up in today's horrors is thinking much in terms of club affiliation.

And my original point stands - why single out any one group in London today? They are all in it together.

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Jesus man, get a grip.

8. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Why are you making such a big deal out of it? I highly doubt that he wants ONLY Liverpool fans to be safe (Chelsea fans can be left to rot:rolleyes: ).

Get over it.

9. rockymtn_mike

rockymtn_mike New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Adams County, CO
    My prayers are for all the people effected by this horrible and cowardly attack.

YNWA

10. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    My sentiments exactly.........

11. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a native of the New York metro area and a resident of Arlington (within walking distance of the Pentagon) I think I have some feeling for this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If the Nazi's couldn't make England cower, this brand of cowardly, despicable hatred will not shake the fundamental resolve of the good people of England. Remember the words of our club anthem -- You'll Never Walk Alone

12. T308

T308 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    To all victims of terror, no matter the time or place, YNWA.

13. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    all my praiser for the victims of the attack,and here hoping the number doesnt rise!The worlds with you London!

14. DoodleBob

DoodleBob New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Milton Keynes
    All London Reds Our Thoughts Will Be With You Forever :(

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just found out today that one of my cousins who lives down there is ok. Phew.

He did tell me that hotels in the city are charging 4 times the usual rate for people stranded in London, bastards. :(

16. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Having grown up in London I was deeply saddened.

I was over there in the summer of 2001 and narrowly avoided the bombing that occurred in Ealing. A group of friends and I were supposed to be in the area that the bombing took place.

17. rockymtn_mike

rockymtn_mike New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Adams County, CO
    I know this isn't soccer related but tomorrow is the first anny of this horrible event. God bless the people effected

YNWA

18. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto