London Donovan would he be avaliable

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by boin boing, Jun 28, 2005.

1. boin boing

boin boing Member

Oct 30, 2003
    England
    to join the EPL, is he American?,, we need a quality striker or does he not play up front?.
    Any links to any videos of him

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon can play up front, but he's more suited to an attacking midfielder role, creating chances as well as taking them.

Do we really want him, though? He's better off in MLS. While he's got decent speed and skill, his small size makes him totally unsuitable for the rigours of the Premier League.

3. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    you don't want him

he plays like crap when he's away from home

4. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    The 'small size factor' receives far too much attention and fails to recognize other huge factors...namely that small guys with big hearts, talent, an abundance of determination, and a lot of grit can and do find homes in the 'land of the giants' leagues. Shawn Wright Phillips comes to mind instantly. How about Zola for Chelsea a couple of year's back? I'm sure this list goes on and on.

Donovan, unfortunately, may not have enough of these internal qualities to have a successful career in England.

5. wonderman

wonderman New Member

May 13, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...and Jose Kleberson at MANU is one example of a highly skilled player who was to small and frail to handle the rigours of the EPL.

I don't think Landon could handle it over there, mostly because he's a pvssy.

6. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    And that's why he played really bad in WC 2002..

oh wait...

7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon Donovan is utter crap. The player you want to sign is Naldo, who I think could score 30 goals for you next season in the Premiership.

8. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

9. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    YE!!!!!!! (Too bad its highly unlikley their manager isn't reading this)

10. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Which does nothing to support the notion that you must be 'big' to play in the EPL. If one single small player (like a Shawn Wright Phillips) can pull it off, then it proves that you don't have to be big to make it in the EPL. How many 'big' guys can we name who fell out of the EPL because of the 'rigors'? I bet a bunch. Reason? It takes more than stature to succeed.

That's all I'm saying.