London Attacks (Hammers thread)

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by norwaytips, Jul 7, 2005.

1. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Once again a terror attack that is pointless. Innocent kids and women, and men in fact, just blown up. And for what? What is the bloody point?

I am not a racist and have travelled all over this lovely planet of ours. It just seems to me that I met the most hateful and ignorant people in Islamic lands. Brainwashing in the name of God. Sh1theads. Tony. :mad:

2. Kent_Hammer

Kent_Hammer BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 7, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Bloody Arab Terrorists

I'm in total agreement with you Tony. I'm actually working in Langley (near Slough and Heathrow Airport) and my employers have given me the OK to leave in order to go home. Transport links are being closed down for the day in Central London and the ripple effect of such a decision is spreading. It seems crazy that I'm having to consider going home - I'm not staying in London but because my journey will take me towards London, there may be some difficulty.

Markets are down, transport in chaos, innocent people maimed and killed...and the worst thing of all is that people will now start to wonder about the muslim community living in this country. It's the extremists who perpetuate this situation and this will lead to stricter border controls, heated debates about ID cards and the unfortunate spectre of the BNP/NF rearing its ugly head again.

I too am not racist and know many muslims I count as friends - and it's those people I feel for when something like this happens.

Mike

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Bloody Arab Terrorists

May London know peace.
    I hope that you, your family, and friends are ok.
    You will remain in my family's thoughts and prayers.

I too am concerned for my Muslim friends.

G-d bless the UK and specifically London.

Shalom

4. torontohammer

torontohammer New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Toronto
    London

I hope that everyone on this board and their families are safe after that attack. From what I'm hearing, the number of deaths and injuries are climbing.

An attack on our English friends is an attack on us.

Bloody cowards, these terrorists.

Be safe one and all.

5. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    Re: London

my prayers go out to all of you over there.

6. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope our London friends are safe and sound. Prayers for those who have lost loved ones.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More prayers from the US.

These terrorists don't care who they kill, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu... they just want death and terror.

It may slow London down, but you can't keep London down.

Up the Hammers!

8. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    My thoughts are with the people of London!

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope all your posters, friends, and family are safe and well today.

10. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
    What these morons fail to understand is that these attacks don't weaken us, they strengthen us, they galvanise us and the ultimate 'victim' will be their own families and their own faith with regard to either having any kind of future in a free and democratic nation. Even the Provo's eventually realised that such action was counterproductive and they stopped. The sooner this shower of sh!t realises the error of their ways the better but unfortunately they are so brainwashed by their so called leaders that it may take a while to filter through.

11. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    I'm a Yank, and a Red, but I love London, I've never even been there but I know that I've always wanted to go there. I really feel horrible for all you've gone through today. As a huge Iron Maiden fan, I feel a special attachment to WHU. I hope that you are all OK!

YNWA!

12. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I just now hope that they send the British SAS after Osama bin hidin and eliminate him. Don't capture him, just get rid of him. There would be too many idiots wanting to be martyrs if he was captured.

Put him 'down', it's what you do to vermin!!

13. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like all of you on this message board, I have only utter contempt for these cowardly bastards, but as Sxboy quite rightly said, this atrocity against the people of London will only make them stronger and more unified than ever, being an old geezer, I clearly remember the bombing of London during the Blitz years, then the IRA with their so called "troubles" and all the other crap that my City has endured over the years, so ************ these árseholes who have brought so much heartache to the Families of innocent people, fortunately all my Family in London are safe and well, but there are so many who are suffering right now, I was asked in the office this morning if I was still going home to London in 3 weeks time, too bloody right I am.
    My prayers are with those who have lost loved ones

14. Speed_Racer

Speed_Racer Neuwbie

Jul 4, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    I placed this similar message in a couple other locations;
    I have no particular EPL club for which I regularly cheer for, but I wanted to say to all of our friends from across the pond that you're alright.

I feel fortunate that there are places like Big Soccer which make interaction like this possible.

15. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm stuck in England, I came to bury my uncle only for my mum to have heart failure, so I'm stuck here until I can sort her life out. She was talking to me about life during the Blitz: having all her windows blown out, landmines landing at the end of the road, schools being destroyed and kids being taught in peoples houses, and of course the people who died. I too remember the IRA 'troubles' and my friends mother being scared to come to the city from her home in Yorkshire. For the people of London, of course it just became part of the background noise of life.
    I've had so many emails from my friends and colleagues in the states, offering me their prayers and hoping I'm all right.
    The point is:
    If anyone thinks that the British, and Londoners in particular, are ever going to be intimidated by bombs, then they just dont know their History.

16. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Good thread Tony i have to agree with you and everyone else. As Robbie said it strengthens Brits, we will not be intimidated by cowards.

My misses said aren't you glad your here in Australia. I said no way, my heart will always be at home.

Stomper hope your mums ok.

Deepest sympathies to all who have lost loved ones.
    God bless you all and peace be with you.

Mike

17. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My very best wishes for your Mum stomper, may she make a full recovery.

18. 147man

147man New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Kenilworth
    I had a harrowing day yesterday - I was working in Slough so was not directly caught up in it but the partner of one of my colleagues had gone down to Euston for the day.

She sent an email at about 09:20 saying that she had been told to evacuate the building at 09:30 we tried to contact her but of course all the mobile network was jammed, we knew she wouldn't be able to use the tube, bus or even coach services and obviously she wouldn't have been able to get a Taxi for love nor money. My mate was (understandably) visibly distressed and we realised just how helpless a situation can become when you are unable to contact people.

As it transpired she sent an email at about 12:10 saying that they had been told by the coppers to go back into the building and remain there, the journey home last night was not an easy one but at least we were able to make it.

Seeing the news last night and the blood spattered up the wall of the BMA headquarters brought a lump to my throat - My thoughts are with those who have lost loved ones but as Stomper says throughout our history we have had to endure this kind of thing.

Steve.

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best wishes for your Mom Stomper.

Guys, the courage of Londoners is amazing. Stay safe.

20. blainehammer

blainehammer Member

Oct 12, 2004
    White Rock, Canada
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    As an old Cockney my first reaction, on hearing the news, was that these b....ds had bombed the wrong city. We thrive on adversity not weaken.
    Be safe everyone. I wish I was at home in Blighty.

Howard

21. El Toro

El Toro New Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Fountain & Fairfax
    I love this song by the Pogues. To one of my absolute favorite cities in the world and her people, I am truly sorry for your loss.

London, You're a Lady

Ah London you're a lady
    Laid out before my eyes
    Your heart of gold it pulses
    Between your scarred up thighs
    Your eyes are full of sadness
    Red busses skirt your hem
    Your head-dress is a ring of lights
    But I would not follow them
    Your architects were madmen
    Your builders sane but drunk
    Among your faded jewels
    Shine acid house and punk

You are a scarlet lady
    Your streets run red with blood
    Oh my darling they have used you
    And covered you with mud
    It was deep down in your womb my love
    I drank my quart of sin
    While chinamen played cards and draughts
    And knocked back mickey finns

Your piss is like a river
    Its scent is beer and gin
    Your hell is in the summer
    And you blossom in the spring
    September is your purgatory
    Christmas is your heaven
    And when the stinking streets of summer
    Are washed away by rain
    At the dark end of a lonely street
    That's where you lose your pain
    'Tis then your eyes light up my love
    And sparkle once again

22. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    Great song 'Toro, I went and dug that one out of the collection and had a listen.
    I don't know what else I can add to this thread, very moving guys! All I know is that for the last few days I've felt very English, so many people hear my accent and become concerned, asking questions that would normally seem trite but, now, give me a sense of everyone being in this together. I had a good friend die in New York on 9/11 and although no-one I know was directly involved with this, it still feels personal. The human spirit is an incredible thing but there is going to be a lot more blood shed in the future, on both sides of this 'Holy' war or Jihad or whatever this crazyness is. I just hope that we all live long enough to see the end of it, and that we are all strong enough to deal with the pain!
    Bless London, has'nt she been through enough?
    Stomper I'm sorry for your loss and I hope life returns to normal soon, you are a good man and I hope your Mother is well.

And lastly, but by no means leastly:-

UP THE HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pogues.... Means kiss, or kisses, I think. I like 'em. Ugly bunch of sods, but sing and play with feeling.

I have a friend, a Norwegian lady in fact, who lives in New York. She was in the next building to the twin towers on 9/11. (11/9 really, but we won't split hairs) She escaped without a scratch, depite glass flying all around her. Lucky eh? Not half.......She was in London last week and was 50 metres away from the bus that was blown up. I've asked her to send me her travel plans for the next 10 years, just so I can be somewhere else. Tony.
    P.S. Stomper: Hope it all turns out OK with your Mum. Tony.

24. EastHammer

EastHammer New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    East Ham
    London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.
    Woa, Liza,
    See the coster barrows,
    Vegetable marrows
    And the fruit piled high.
    Woa, Liza,
    Little London sparrows,
    Covent Garden Market where the costers cry.
    Cockney feet
    Mark the beat of history.
    Every street
    Pins a memory down.
    Nothing ever can quite replace
    The grace of London Town.

INTERLUDE
    There's a little city flower every spring unfailing
    Growing in the crevices by some London railing,
    Though it has a Latin name, in town and country-side
    We in England call it London Pride.

Hey, lady,
    When the day is dawning
    See the policeman yawning
    On his lonely beat.
    Gay lady,
    Mayfair in the morning,
    Hear your footsteps echo in the empty street.
    Early rain
    And the pavement's glistening.
    All Park Lane
    In a shimmering gown.
    Nothing ever could break or harm
    The charm of London Town.

INTERLUDE
    In our city darkened now, street and square and crescent,
    We can feel our living past in our shadowed present,
    Ghosts beside our starlit Thames
    Who lived and loved and died
    Keep throughout the ages London Pride.

Grey city
    Stubbornly implanted,
    Taken so for granted
    For a thousand years.
    Stay, city,
    Smokily enchanted,
    Cradle of our memories and hopes and fears.
    Every Blitz
    Your resistance
    Toughening,
    From the Ritz
    To the Anchor and Crown,
    Nothing ever could override
    The pride of London Town.

My Nan used to sing this to me, I have no idea what to say about the Bombs, I just know we wont be defeated.

Irons

EastHammer

25. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I used to know them (vaguely) their guitarist wanted to produce one of mt records, but mt record company didnt want to pay him. Old story I guess. Their real name was Pogue Mahone, which of course means Kiss my arse, but thats shane Macgowan for you!