L'OM vs some little team from Paris

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by L'OM15, Feb 28, 2006.

1. L'OM15

L'OM15 New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Thought we should get this thread started. I know this forum can be a little slow but if we can't get up for a visit to the City of darkness when can we?

2. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    We should only think about the 3 points.

Wining over psg itself is not a goal for l'om. It's a way to move up in the league's table, no more.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kick em in the teeth!!!!! There is European football at stake!

4. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Apparently kickoff has been moved up four hours to make it easier for security to control the fans.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Over/Under on Cana getting sent off?

I'm going for anything after the 62nd minute.

Oh yeah, and we will win 1-0. Won't be pretty, but we shall prevail.

6. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Showtime, fireworks, etc...:eek:

I'd be surprised if Marseille managed to beat Paris in the Parc. Let's hope it'll be a good match since there's not so much at stake (well, points are points).

7. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    this might be somme little team from marseille against paris :

" As security isn't assumed for its supporters, the olympique de marseille decided not to send its main team for the sunday match in paris."
    "we decided not to send our professional team for the game" confirmed pape diouf, the OM president,on the official site.
    "the club will send a marseille rpresentative team composed with young players and professionals who will represent marseille".

the olympique de marseille claimed that PSG reserved 1000seats for the visitors supporter whereas the league rules impose 5% of the total seats ( ie : 2000 seats in that case) for the visiting supporters.
    PSg also sold tikets for its fans in the tribune above the area reserved for the OM fans. This may involve contacts between the different sides and incidents.
    consequently, the OM professional team and its supporters wont do the travel to paris on sunday.

8. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    So,

l'om have decided to send a mixed team of youth and professional players rather than boycott the match just to avoid any action from LFP.

LFP board of directors has a meeting today morning to discuss this issue.

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    This is Paris not downtown Basra. :rolleyes:

If it means an away ban on fans then so be it. But not for the players ffs.

10. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    I prefer to be in Baghdad than to be in Paris wearing l'om shirt. :D

11. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Granted I haven't been following French football for long enough to know the history behind this decision, but to me this is ridiculous. They are two points ahead in the table. When they beat the OM reserves they'll be ahead. This club needs to qualify for the CL, and this is not the way to accomplish that. I have no strong allegiances to any French team, but I've become a bit of a fan of l'OM in the two years since I was in Marseille. Everybody there just seemed so into the club that I couldn't resist developing a bit of an affinity. This decision makes me wonder if I need to find another French team to support.

Est-ce que l'OM s'interesse vraiment à retourner aux années de la gloire? Si oui, c'est probable que je deviendra un vrai fana quand je serai en Aix l'année prochaine. Si non, je m'en fou d'eux et je trouverai un autre club français qui vaut mieux la peine. La deuxième ne devrait pas être croyable, mais il semble que c'est ça qui arrive maintenant.

12. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    two years ago a om supporter received a seat thrown from above by a psg fan.
    he is now disabled and cannot walk anymore.( we could also see them throwing various things sucha s a scooter (!) and parts from a snack selling stand during other games.)
    since then , the seats above the om fans were sold to guests who weren't psg hardcore fans.
    for tomorow game, tikets have been sold to boulogne psg hardcore fans in order for them to provoc om fans and tigris psg fans.
    om don't want its fans to have any problem. and the om team doesn't play without its supporters. So the B team will be sent to paris.

13. anakmelayu

anakmelayu New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    sax alam, malaysia
    look its a plane, no! its a cow, no its a flying scooter...hahaha...

14. L'OM15

L'OM15 New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    I wouldn't talk it's your team who can't even stop it's supporters from having a ruck with one another never mind oppposing supporters.

15. Niko1700

Niko1700 New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    its gonna be tricky match for PSG. The young guys that will play for OM will be very motivated, and are gonna fight and defend the colors of Marseille. this is their chance to show something.

ALLEZ L"OM

16. KUBI_nu11

KUBI_nu11 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Mies, SWITZERLAND!
    I heard that 5 pro players are going to Paris? Does anybody know which players?

17. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    here're the 16 players went to Paris:

Carrasso, Quesnel
    Civelli, André Luis, Cantareil, Pradié, Amiri
    Delfim, Bocaly, Gastine, M. N'Diaye, Diop, Flachi
    Dennoun, Gimenez, N'Gom

I think 7 of them are professionals.

18. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    l'om have delivered the message to FFF and LFP in a good and smart manner.

l'om won't break down rules. a complete team will be available there to play the match. Not sending the first team tell others that there's an unjustified condition.

Shifting the match a few hours upward, adding more policemen, installing more safety devices and nets above supporters are not solutions to solve the problem of violence. Safety and security of every fan is much important than a spot in league table.

Diouf and Anigo, for the first time, I'm 100% with you. :D

19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    But let's be honest, if you lose this and end up missing out on European football by 3 points - then Angio and Diouf only have themselves to blame.

20. L'OM15

L'OM15 New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Congrats to the kids they did us proud let the excuses begin from bitter Paris.

21. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Denial ? real PSG supporters :
    [​IMG]

PSG supporters according to Ganu "fair and balanced" account :
    [​IMG]

22. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    nice one Pierre-Henri :D :D

seems you did not get it ganu. Safety of supporters is much much important than European competitions.

I won't blame Diouf and Anigo over their decision. even if we lost this match, and we did not lose.

23. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Says the Strasbourg fan...

At least we have fans.

But of course Marseille supporters would be more than welcome in the city of lights.

But you how it is, with the local îlotiers and seeing scruffy kids with funny accents. Well, even more so scruffy kids with even more stupider accents.

But not if they are from Marseille you understand. Angio would happily carve their organs up if it meant European football for OM next season.

Enjoy Zenit guys. Kerzha and Arshavin are going to pull a fast one over you and the repeat of this Valenciennes farce will come back to haunt you quicker than Tapie's tax audit.

24. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    Anigo has already put European hopes under a threat in order to insure supporters' safety. so, it's totally opposite of what you're saying.

looks you're soooooo disappointed to say that.

25. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Had this been against anyone besides Paris and the concerns were still there - then this wouldn't have happened.

Seems like one big PR stunt to me. Unless he seriously believes what happened in November is still happening now... :confused:

It is. We all know that Piters are second class citizens to Muscovites.