Logistical Nightmare

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Ric_Braz, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not only are the pre arranged Travel Agents tours very expensive and to be avoided it is interesting that Thomas Cook are basing fans in Joburg. Thus after the Algeria game in Cape Town and Slovenia in PE they will fly the fans back. As the CT game will finish just before 10.00pm I would suggest they will get to their hotel room around 3-4am. I imagine there will be quite a lot of this. Now if MATCH had let us be big boys and girls and make our own reservations with hotels none of this rubbish would be necessary.

Is anyone going on a Travel agent's package, so to speak.

2. Sam77777

Sam77777 New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    why dont you book your own way there then??? is this not an option for you?

3. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Exactly - the only reason to book with Match is guaranteed tickets. Otherwise they are a total mess. No realtime booking system and 3 motnhs to reply.

Even booking yourself and paying the ripoff rates for internal flights and B&Bs you will still save a fortune.

Now renting a car (still normal prices), staying an hour outside each venue and driving to PE and then on to CT will make it a really cheap holiday. You will see a lot of a fantastic country and you'll be giving your money to people who haven't tried to rip anyone off.

It does take research and a bit of work but you can save yourself a fortune.

If you are not in the England travel club then you'll struggle for tickets and may end up dealing with the touts. However watch for Thomas Cook to have ticket only packages close to the World Cup as they try and sell what they can. This happened for the Lions rugby trips last year.

4. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    He already has, he's just talking about the general situation for others who will be buying into this stuff.

5. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you Timanfaya! So often I bring a topic up about the SA and you get the same damned tirade about doing it yourself. As he says I did 6 months ago but others have not.