Local Derby Away Sections

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by lfcli30, Apr 13, 2006.

1. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the success that MLS has become (by success I mean gaining popularity to a respect, lasting this long and moving away from single entity ownership), it has generally become more popular, and fans have also to an extent grown attatched to their teams. RBNY fans love their team, DCU fans love their team etc etc. However, as the passion for teams increases, so does the chance for ugliness in the stands.

My question to all:

Is it time to have designated away sections with security for local Derbies? (Atlantic Cup, FCD/HOU, SuperClassico)

By away sections I mean a section of seats not sold to the general public, can be bought only by opposing team fans, and has their own security in case problems occur.

IMO I think for the more heated rivalries ie Atlantic Cup, SuperClassico and with violence that has ensued, I would like to see this imposed. It will lessen the chance of Violence erupting at the stadium while at the same time generating a great atmosphere.

2. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Put them in a cage :D

3. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    No. Let's not "impose" anything and for that matter I'd rather not have suggestions that way either, until there is really a more compelling reason. One bunch of idiots is not going to begin to ruin things for the rest of us. Don't give the idiots one gram of respect or even attention either- that's what they want, the little narcissistic adolescents.
    Personally I'd like to see the persons who seem to be barely able to disguise their glee at this unfortunate event removed from the discussion.

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For the Galaxy v Chivas game this weekend the galaxy has two designated sections. 115 for sitting, and 117 in general admission for "standing" (the Riot Squad and Galaxians will both be here).

5. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
    At some point it would be cool if for Galaxy vs Chivas games that Chivas supporters go on one side of the stadium, and Galaxy supporters on the other.
    Supporters club and others looking to stand and cheer at opposite ends.

6. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's kind of what I'm aiming for. The visual effects are awesome, fans can organize chants easier. We saw it with Metro fans in DC, when you sit the hardcore fans who will go on roadtrips together, they tend to be loud, rowdy and generate a great atmosphere.