loans and youth away from the san siro

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i figure we can start a thread to keep track of the milan players on loan and with how the youth are doing.

di gennaro and bologna played today in the first round of the coppa italia and di gennaro started and played until the 63' when he was subbed

bologna defeated modena 2-1.
    don't know how he played, but this advances bologna to the second round of the coppa.

from the official site, it appears he is the free kick taker, at least with the squad they had at there.

http://www.bolognafc.it/pagen.asp?c=2004&m=11&l=1

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    By reading the match events it seems he had a couple of shots. He probably was taken out because he was tired. The biggest obstacle when first playing in the senior game is adjusting to the fitness levels. They are on a whole different level than what he was used to with the Primavera. I really hope this kid develops well though, it would be nice to have a homegrown local Italian guy as Milan's next superstar.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.bolognafc.it/pagen.asp?c=2032&m=11&l=1

bologna got knocked out in the second round of the coppa italia on penalties.

di gennaro played until the 81' and seemed to be involved a decent bit given the match report.

notice where it says at the 37' of the fist half, applause for di gennaro as he went on a serpentine run through the opponent's box and drew a corner.

edit:http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=71955

here is another write-up, oh yeah, i should have said, that bologn went down to ten men, so that hurt them. oh well, no big deal, as long as di gennaro is getting games is what matters

4. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  5. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, since he is on loan, i will put him here.

oliveira has been tearing it up for zaragoza, as he got his second brace in teh preseason today, this one against palermo. at least if he plays well, then we might get the full 7.2M pounds or whatever the buy-out clause was in addition to the already 1.3M pounds or so we got already. that would get us back 8.5M pounds of the 15M pounds we spent for him last summer.

6. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    maybe hes just better suited for la liga futbol rather than serie a...its good that hes doin well, just sux he did so bad for us...good for him tho..n if we sell him jpick ur right we get sum of the money back so even tho its a loss its not horrible...good for him tho

edit: just watched the di gennaro vid...he looks good, the second goal was pure class...just a great thing at a young level...hopefully he does well n we can get him back...wat sort of position does he play? he had the number 10 so maybe playmaker/attack...maybe him pato n kaka will tear up league if few years?

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, he's an attacking mid, but we will see how he does at bologna. so far he seems to be getting playing time and doing some nice things, but I only know what is on the bologna website

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    former Primavera left-back Luca Antonelli is on loan at Bari and has started both Coppa Italia games.

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Di Gennaro looks rather good. Solid touch and instincts.

10. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    antonelli is the heir to maldni's throne so ive heard? di gennaro n antonelli improving is good for us

11. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I've always been curious, what are your opinions of Willy Aubemeyang ? Do you think he's a possible striker for the future, or just an average youth product?

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he's an average player that people got excited about because he scored against Juventus last year.

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good news, on Saturday morning RAI International is showing Bologna-Rimini so hopefully Di Gennaro starts so I can watch him in action.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you think that would be on streamerone? rai international usually is, i think?

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    unfortunately it won't be on streamerone because in Italy RAI does not have the rights to Serie A and Serie B, SKY does. So RAI International here basically transmits SKY's broadcast with their own hired announcers.

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ah, oh well then. just give us a small write-up then if you don't mind :)

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Gennaro didn't start, but he may come in soon because Bologna is really lacking creativity up front and some of the midfield has been non-existent.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Gennaro came in for the last 15 minutes and was pretty active, getting some nice touches on the ball.

19. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thanks for the updates, hopefully he gets more time in the near future

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i forgot to mention, Ricardo Oliveira scored over the weekend for Real Zaragoza. Stupid bum...:mad:

21. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ha so 1st game 1 goal..kinda like wit us...than he went on to suck it up..dont worry he had a super start for us also...hopefully he regains sum form so we can outrite sell him for sum money

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, oliveira in 2 games has got 2/3 of his goal total that he got for us last year. oh well, at least if he keeps this up, we get the 7+M pound buy-out clause most likely.

23. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nobody has mentioned Grimi so far...:confused: never seen the guy play, but there's supposed to extended highlights of Siena's game with Roma on in the U.K. on tuesday in the middle if the night, so I'll record it and get back to you, or maybe you guys know something I don't and that's why he hasn't been mentioned:eek:

24. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, given his age (he ain't that young) and that he looked like crap the few games he got in, most of us don't rate him as high as... well, grimi rates himself (he appointed himself as maldini's heir iirc :rolleyes:), but sure i hope he does well. roma will be a stiff test, and he will be one of the players i watch today (in america the game is on live, so we are one-up you english :p), though i always watch roma cause they play some quality football.

25. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    how old is grimi btw? i thot he was 19... for a defender, thats pretty damn young...

also kind of stupid to call him self the next maldini... kid has not tact what so ever