Livvy sack Preston

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Scottish_Morton, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    A little surprised he's been sacked at this point of the season. Assistant Alan Kernaghan has also left the club, which is surprising cause I thought he'd be the ideal guy to take over.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It's LIVI.

Great move by Pearse in my opinion. I have been calling for this since early September (about 5 games into the season) and have questioned what Preston has been doing before that. Both AP and AK are a complete joke. This is fully justified. It allows the new manager time to assess the squad before the transfer window opens. We have lost 7 on the trot and are now bottom by 3 points. That is not acceptable considering some of the players at our disposal. The management had lost the plot, players and fans.

3. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    Who’s in the frame to takeover?

4. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Claude Anelka?;)

I think that was the right thing to do, Preston has been ********. I don't think Livingston have the worst squad in the league and they've been utterly shite recently.

I'm quite surprised Kernaghan has been sacked. He did a good job at Clyde and I'd be surprised if they didn't even consider him for the job.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Pearse and Tony has said there should be an announcement next week. Clelland is in charge for the Kilmarnock game. The usual suspects have been named and Gough is the early "favourite". However, considering what has happened at Livi before, I wouldn't rule out a surprise appointment.

6. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Actually it's Meadowbank :p

7. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Actually it's Ferranti :D

8. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Parallels with Gerry Collins getting the dunt around this time last year at Partick... mind you I think Livvy ( :D ) are closer to the pack than Partick were at this stage last year - they only had two points if I remember correctly. It was Collins' bad start that pretty much meant that all the bad work the drunken farmer did in the Aberdeen job last season wasn't going to end in relegation.

9. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Richard Gough will be the new Livi Manager from what I’ve heard.

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It's finally been confirmed as Gough and Knox. Not a bad partnership. Gough is a great leader, an experienced player and is well know. Knox is an expert and experienced number two. It has the potential to be a very good combination. Certainly better than Brewster... :D