Liverpool vs TNS [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ULL NEVER WALK ALONE, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well,it is only one week away so i think its about time we open this thread.So,it seems were going to have a new captain leading the side against TNS(I would personaly go to anfield and slap rafa if he dear put hyypia as captain now).

My team:-
    -------------Riena
    --Finnan---CR(captain)---Hyypia--Traore
    --Garcia----Xabi--------Zenden-----Riise
    ------------Moro-------Ciise
    Bench:-
    Gerrard
    Baros
    Dudek
    etc.

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That side would work for me. SG will be gone but if not gone yet why waste a bench slot --- if we play him we lose 20 million quid (cup tied and all that). If he goes with a single striker ten play Didi in front of the back line.

3. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No,i would love to see gerrard suffer in the bench knowing he wont get to play!Gerrard has never watched a full game from the bench for a long time,why not start now?

4. Bjornebye

Bjornebye Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Grimstad
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "TNS". Trendy Nut Sack? Sounds like target practice to Stig. A hatter for Bloodwine Zenden!

Stig

5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Either of these to suggestions work for me. Didi is pretty comfortable there. Then I'd like to see how Cisse and Nando play together.

My team:-
    Riena
    Finnan---CR(captain)---Hyypia--Traore
    Garcia----Xabi--------Zenden-----Riise
    Moro-------Ciise​
    Bench:-
    Gerrard
    Baros
    Dudek
    etc.

6. NC RED

NC RED Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Charlotte NC USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I wouldn't be shocked to see some of the new guys make the bench and maybe even start. I think Rafa will play all his subs and maybe keep his top stars limited in game play. I would say that Baros will definately play a lot and his young guns will see some time. Zenden will prob come off the bench to replace Hamann. I definately dont even see Gerrard on the bench. Why bother.

7. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I can't imagine that Zenden is going to play alonside Alonso in the center of the park. Was there ever a time last season that Rafa didn't have at least two of Alonso, Gerrard, Biscan, Hamann, Diao, Welsh etc. Both central midfielders will always have defensive responsibilites. If Zenden is going to play in the middle of the pitch it will most likely be behind a lone striker with Alonso and Hamann behind him. Otherwise he could play on the left wing.

Then again...this is TNS, and we could get away with it. My point applies to when more competitive games begin.

8. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I think we can get away with Zenden in the middle, like the first lineup. It would also be good for him to get experience with the squad.

9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This sort of team makes me nervous, TNS that is. They have nothing to lose and history to make.
    How many times have we seen a team like this in Britain, play so far over their heads and take a match.
    Or how many times have we seen Liverpool play down to the opponents and never get the ball into the goal.
    We'd (Rafa) be fools to missunderestimate (GWB :) ) them. and give them any slack at all.

No, we should play our first team as a practice match, see how we play together. If we're comfortable at the half or at 60 mins. then bring on the subs for experience.

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    This is important, I think. The team hasn't played together for two months so the players will obviously be a bit rusty, and as you say, Total Network Solutions have nothing to lose.

Maybe if this was mid-season, I'd be more comfortable sending out the reserves. But there is simply too much at stake and so much that could go wrong.

11. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    Throw in all the first team player and kewell(lets see if he is commited or maybe he will be injured after walking out of the players bus and once he remembers he forgot his bag in the bus he runs back in and drives off what an injury)
    Make gerrard work extra hard

12. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well,kewell wont play cause he is injured right now,hes recovering from the operation he had after the C.L Final.And what to do with gerrard now?I guess he will play,so someone will have to make way.

-------------Reina
    --Finnan--CR-----Hyypia--Riise
    -Garcia----Xabi--Gerrard--Zenden
    ---------Moro------Cisse

..................OR(If he wants to keep riise as a LM)

-------------Reina
    --Finnan--CR-----Hyypia--Traore
    -Garcia---Xabi--Gerrard--Riise
    ------------Zenden
    --------------Moro

13. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Why do you insist on putting Zenden in for the second lineup. If we are using 5 mids, use Hamman as a defensive mid.

14. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The only way we will see the best from the Xabi-Gerrard partnership is if they play together.DiDi is good,and hes a great back-up,but this year i real wana see loads of games where i can see gerrard and Xabi there together in the middle of the park working as a unit.If those 2 can understand each other next season and can work together,we will have a very good chance of actualy challenging for something next season(mainly the EPL).Plus i wana see how usefull Zenden could be for us this year,and the only way to find out is by playing him,dont you think?

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    -------------Dudek
    --Finnan--CR-----Hyypia--Traore
    ------------Hamann--Xabi
    -------Garcia--Gerrard--Riise
    --------------Baros

Unveiling our not so new 4-2-3-1 formation

16. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dudek​

Finnan...........Carragher......Hyypia............Traore

Garcia........Hamann........Gerrard.......Riise

Morientes............Baros​

Cisse dogged it in the CL final. Until he shows some effort, as a sub, I say leave him on the bench.

17. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howz aboot the following:

----------Dudek-------------

Raven-Hyypia-Whitbread-Traore

Nunez-Welsh-Biscan-Warnock

-------Potter--------------
    ------------FSP------------

Subs: Kirkland, Mellor, some other guys (Ostemboor?).

18. Welcome2Anfield

Welcome2Anfield New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    LOL ya im sure Rafa is going to start Baros and leave Cisse and Moro on the bench

19. twh3

twh3 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Don't Cup tie Baros! please get rid of him.

20. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    and hope the lads can win the home leg and beat them on aggregate?

21. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Kirkland is at WBA....and Biscan was released. :eek:

22. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Do you remember the CL final? When Hamman came on, the tide shifted dramatically. He's much better than Alonso at being the holding midfielder. Xabi is better at playing up, and distributing the ball. We need Hamman in that role if we want to be succesful.

I should stop this, we're playing TNS, ffs.

23. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    And Ostemober is gone too.;)

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    But we still have Partridge, right? Right?

25. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I think so. Man, that guy was a hoss in FIFA '04. Of course, so was Ostemober:rolleyes: