Liverpool vs. Manchester United [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 9, 2003.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    This will be a good match...

2. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    77minute....1-2.....Kewell and Murphy the only ones having good game...

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    I can't believe the ref blew that penalty call...you know if it was at the other end he would have called it for Manure....

4. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Graham Poll....how can you sleep at night!?!?!?

5. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    83 minute...so many opportunites now...but Liverpool can't get the shot off!?!? Man, i hate Man. Utd.

6. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    85th...United now just passing around to kill time...Heskey and Dioff have been complete wastes out there...

7. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    After the periodafter the Kewell goal, the game has slowed down...Liverpool now only probably have one good chance left....89 minute....

8. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Heskey you *#*#*#*#ingsuck.....game over now...i'm disgusted...

9. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Sack Houllier, Heskey, Dioff, Dudek, Smicer and get Thompson in there to manage the team....RIP league title apirations....man i hate Fergie....lucky bahhstahd.

10. CHSsoccer08

CHSsoccer08 Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heskey was invisible for almost the full 90 minutes until he blew what was a sure a goal.

Smicer has never shown be the least bit of talent and i am always shocked to see him in the starting lineup. He doesnt have any of the skill or vision thats required to play in the hole.

Diouf Showed flashes of talent but lacks the ability to make the pass when it is needed. His runs down the sideline give some width which we need so badly, but he cant make a cross or take a shot if his life depended on it.

Danny Murphy didnt see very much of the ball in the middle of the feild, i cant really say he had a good game nor can i say he had a bad game.

Steven Gerrard showed the leadership qualities that proves he deserves the captains band. I was delighted to see him getting after heskey for his lack of movement the ENTIRE game. Gerrard also set the tone by his constant hustle in the Man U half always pressing their defenders and forcing a lot of errors.

Harry Kewell had a good game today, he was the only player that seemed to be capable of getting a shot off and he deserved his goal. He had a couple other shots that had tested howard earlier in the game.

Steve Finnan gives us a very nice option with his runs up the right side, many times he provided diouf with a pass with his overlapping runs. I love the way he plays, i would just like to see him toss some more crosses in there on a first touch instead of dribbling so much.

Djimi Traore played a decent game, he made a very important stop that saved a goal.

Jerzy Dudek... well all i have to say is *#*#*#*# dudek. I dont buy the commentators theroy that there was nothing he could about the first goal, there is something he could do, its called coming off his line and being the first to it. If he gets beat doing that its better than standing on his line and waiting for it to go by. The second goal was just complete garbage, Giggs had no angle and he still beat him with a very average shot.

11. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    This is a bitterly disappointing result, not just because we lost to the Old Trafford scum, but because we allowed them two very ordinary goals after controlling most of the possession in the first half.

Kewell played well along with Murphy, (although some of his passes were disappointing) Gerrard and Hyypia, but mistakes cost us again and Heskey in the last minute, oh my god. :(

12. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    ok, so Heskey did miss what should have been the game-tying goal in the last minute...

but i don't think he had an awful game - during the last 10 minutes or so, he was winning almost every cross with his head and making some nice flick-ons and passes to his teammates. Heskey's problem is he makes such glaring mistakes, that everyone goes nuts on him. but when he is on and doing the little things, i still think he adds a lot.

oh, and i hate ManU

13. Wildman262

Wildman262 New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    I knew you lads would eventually come around to my view of thinking on Hesky. He's not a first rate striker and I question why he gets selected for England when there are players like Beatie bagging up goals.

It was tough loss as Liverpool had the run of play in the 1st half and ManU did not look all that dangerous.

14. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Shouldn't you be trawling the internet for hot pussy you sex-starved, know-nothing cretin? We really don't need the latest installment of your Heskey delusions on here, thanks.