Liverpool v. Blackburn - EPL - April 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by CCSC_STRIKER20, Apr 8, 2009.

1. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    We needed to win and we did it with style. Now the pressure is on the Mancs and Chelsea to respond. Torres looks very confident and this bodes well for the season.

2. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I too believe Insua will be our number 1 left back next year. I'd be happy with him to be number 1 for the rest of the season!

I think our back four was our best today, once Danny Boy gets back to full form, he starts ahead of Skrtel imo. Agger and Insua looked really good and dangerous on the left flank....

What a goal from Torres, goal of the season me thinks!

3. LeoMessi

LeoMessi New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can't believe how a team that destroys others in the premier league including Man Utd and others in CL like R.Madrid can lose to Chelsea at home 3:1... that just boggles my mind...
    Hopefully Liverpool will play against Chelsea like it did today.

4. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Liverbird and I endorse this post:D

That was sure a tonic after Wednesday.

5. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ta, la... ;)

6. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Aurelio had a great year (barring injuries), so I expect Aurelio to stay ahead of Insua. However, Dossena is in a world of hurt. He may get sold back this summer. :(

7. banok

banok Member

May 26, 2005
    Budapest
  8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Well that was a bit of allright, wasn't it. Perhaps we can play the rest of our seasons matches like this.

Seems big Sam's biggest....and only attempt at tactics was to try a media storm before the game. He didn't have a clue on the pitch. All his "Whingeing and moaning" attempt to unsettle us was just a big embarrassment for him.

I swear he drove the bus out onto the pitch himself.... but Nando took all the windows out of it when he wasn't looking..!

I'll peruse this thread a little later for your comments.

9. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, Sam should be ********ing embarrassed talking about "psyching out" managers and what not.

Comprehensive drubbing. Take your ball and go home Allardyce.

10. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually the 4-0 score flattered Rovers. It could easily have been 6 or 7. No matter what else happens we are closing out the year playing great football in the League.

11. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A win, 4 goals and a clean sheet. Just the ticket. It could have been a rugby score-line but we were a bit too casual at times. We need to be more ruthless on Tuesday when chances are likely to be at a premium. BUt top goals, all of them.

Good to see Agger. He gives us some options in the final third with the ball at his feet.

12. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Agger. Rusty but Trusty.

It took him all of three tries before he got his range though....:)

13. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but beggars can't be choosers...:)

14. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    what a game from insua! his crossing is outstanding... we haven't had a great crosser of the ball since finnan left... wouldn't mind seeing what he can do against chelsea... fabio sucked and dossena didn't fare much better...

and that first goal by torres... WoW... pure class... one of the things i love most about him, and this goal is a perfect example, is how easy he makes it look... it's like, 'yeah, i'll just chest this down, spin, kick it across my body, over the keeper, just inside the far post... no big deal...' can't help but dwell a bit on how many more points we would have if he were healthy all season... especially in december and january... at least the four we're back... oh, well... this is football...

15. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was quite awesome!

No chance for Paul Robinson.

I also liked Agger's particularly because it came out of nowhere, it reminded me of his first goal for us (against Villa). Just dribbling, dribbling, and wow that's a shot from really far out. Hells yes!

16. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Actually Aurelio, Dossena and Riera are much better crosses of the ball than Insua at the moment. That is the one part of Insua's game that needs more consistency and improvement. In all of his other games, his crossing has been fairly average.

17. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO, at the left back position he gets forward better than Aurelio and Dossena.

Aurelio doesn't get forward as well at left back, and Dossena gets forward well enough but he doesn't have the right balance. I think Insua is closer to the right balance of attacking and defending, that's why I think he will be our number 1 left back next year, or at least he will be battling with Aurelio.

18. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You're right about Aurelio...most of the time he doesnt overlap with the winger and I think this actually hampers Riera's game. Riera has always looked better with Insua playing behind him...im sure they will be our left side for next season as they look really good.

Insua, as Ive said before, is the most complete and balanced full-back Ive seen at his age since Lahm. No other full-back in the world as the defensive and attacking skills to complement the team in the way that he does.

19. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Add Agger to the left side of central defence and that left flank is plumb well-balanced.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, agree completely. The idea of Insua and Riera as our starting left flank is quite intriguing.

The only other fullback as complete at that age that I've seen is Inter's Santon but not even he was as impressive as Insua. We have a real star in the making with this kid.

21. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Skrt's better start worrying about his starting spot after his dismal Champ Lge performance and Agger's rise in form.

Nobody's mentioned it yet, but we did this w/o Stevie in the lineup which makes this win taste even sweeter.