Liverpool v. Arsenal [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by liverbird, Oct 2, 2003.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lineup:

----------------Dudek
    Finnan ----H-----------H-------Riise
    Diouf ----Gerrard-----Harry----Smicer
    -----------Owen----Heskey

Luzi
    Le Tellec
    Biscan
    Pongolle
    d-jimmy

Not a lot of choices, I think Igor has done well but Henchoz "hands" may be necessary for this match. I'm away and there doesn't seem to be any way for me to find a FSW outlet at 7:30 am in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. Go Reds, YNWA!

2. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    I'll be watching from home so I'll be able to do comms.

Any Gooners suspended for this one?

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    7:30 AM.....ON THE EAST COAST...SHEET...!

4. A big test for us. LB's lineup is on target, I think.

A preview of the match here:

http://www.4thegame.com/redir/_36dc...6f58382292b82/previews/form137666/lfcafc.html

Don't know what it is, but this will be the third LFC-Arsenal match in a row that I won't be able to see live, due to travel. Why family and friends insist on scheduling their major events in direct conflict with the important things in life, I'll never figure out . . . :)

----

5. Gabbage

Gabbage New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Found this on planetfootball:

"Premiership leaders Arsenal will be without influential skipper Patrick Vieira, midfielder Fredrik Ljungberg and forward Dennis Bergkamp for their trip to Anfield to face Liverpool on Saturday."

Vieira, Ljungberg, and Bergkamp are injured. Sol Campbell is also a doubt after the death of his father.

Looks like a golden opportunity for Liverpool to take three points and reaffirm their title credentials.

6. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    One small bit of advice to Liverpool: Bring extra-strength shinguards...

7. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think missing those players will hurt Arsenal much. They could lose 7 starters and still take the points at Anfield. :)

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Well, let's hope we can take advantage of Arsenal's woes. If we can't beat a depleted Arsenal side at home, then I'm afraid we don't deserve to compete for the Premiership title. And let us also hope that the Charlton match was a temporary dip and we haven't turned the corner onto the wrong street.

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Seriously, if we can't beat a depleted Arsenal squad at home, then we're in trouble. Of course, if we do, everyone will say it's only because of the missing Arsenal players, but whatever. I just want the three points and some confidence in our team.

10. mightyredone

mightyredone New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    A depleted Arsenal side would kick the crap out of Charlton (quite literally). The loss of Didi seems to be the key to the consistency problem,as was shown all too well last year during our infamous run.
    He gives Stevie G the confidence to go forward at will, and do what he does best. Why did the frenchman not buy a suitable backup?

11. slimjake68

slimjake68 New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    US
    If we all cant agree that Arsenal not being able to use Vieria, Bergkamp, and possibly Campbell is a good thing, then the whole world has gone mad. These are some of the top players in the world mind you, and I feel alot more comfortable about this game now, even with all of our injuries. Because lets face it, we have lost some great players for a while due to injury. Every game should be played like its a must win situation, but this one really might be, this might be a very important three points.

12. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Viera is a huge loss for Arsenal. Besides Henry, he is their next most important player. I expect that Campbell will play. He has already missed two games, and he will probably be back in the lineup. Arsenal's first 11 may be the best in the Premiership, but their weakness is that they have no depth. We should be able to take advantage of their depleted side.

I would expect Gerrard to have a big game and control the middle with Viera missing.

We are going to have to score 2 or 3 goals to get something out of this match. After the way the defense played against Charlton, I would be suprised if they keep a clean sheet against Arsenal.

I think Liverpool will be succesful going down the right side with Diouf attacking Ashley Cole. Cole has been crap lately, and Diouf can tear him to shreads.

13. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come back when you've won a match eh?

14. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    one of the best responses i've seen in a long while...well done

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Arf ... care to tell me their combined points total from Anfield in the 11 seasons of Premiership encounters?

16. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    maybe not 7.. but 5~ and paddy vieira is prolly the most important player in the team so his loss is massive... be warned boys, if we grab one early, then it could be curtains.. oh to not hear "we will neva walk blah blha blah blah"

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

can i 'ave my hubcaps back?

cheers

phishy~

17. oojason

oojason New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    England
    Phishy - bring a collection bucket up tomorrow and I'll give you a few coppers for your new stadium...

18. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Try James Joyce Irish Pub, 912 W. Main St. in Durham or the Fox and Hound in Winston Salem.

19. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay.. See ya soon! :)

20. Thomas18

Thomas18 New Member

Wouldnt suprise me one bit, we play wolves in a few weeks and Liverpool seem to have a habit of losing to the pre season relegation favourites...

Barnsley
    Bradford a few yrs back stopping us qualifying for champ league
    Birmingham last year
    Wolves this year ... ?

Wolves_67 could come back to haunt us :/

21. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    We also lost to Watford that season.

And let's not forget that we were the last victory for Sunderland in the EPL last year - way back in mid-December...

22. Anomaly385

Anomaly385 New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    jeeze

Ive been spending 12+ hours a day at school for this week, waking up at 6, driving through the hell that is SoCal traffic, going to shatty classes, getting home at like 8 pm... Im only asking for a win, Liverpool. Make this week of hell end on a good note!!!

Waking up at 430 tomorrow morning after this week to see a soccer match is only worth it if we get 3 points. If we lose, I might have to break the tv.

23. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    1 Jerzy Dudek
    4 Sami Hyypia
    25 Igor Biscan
    15 Salif Alassane Diao
    3 Steve Finnan
    17 Steven Gerrard
    7 Harry Kewell
    18 John Arne Riise