Liverpool-Man U Match

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by nancyb, Nov 10, 2003.

1. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn! I thought I'd turned into NFL Sunday or something. The hour long pre-game was quite a switch from the usual Nick Webster 2 minute intro.

2. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    For assorted reasons, TWI didn't do a feed of that game. Although all they ever really do is take Sky or ITV's feed and dub an announcer and graphics over it.

When TWI doesn't do a game (in particular, they usually don't do midweek games unless they are particularly big ones), FSW picks up the Sky feed (minus commercials), which usually entails a 3-hour block, pre-game, game, post-game. In this case the broadcast had to be truncated to go to the PPV game (Newcastle-Chelsea) which I assume TWI did.

Ollie would know why TWI didn't do Man U- Liverpool better than I do.

3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other item of interest was that the game was shown live, which FSW virtually never does. I know it was a 8:45 Eastern kickoff instead of 9:00, was that the loophole or is there hope for this happening in the future?

I'd much rather have it live as opposed to at 2:00, especially during the NFL season.

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They usually show one live game per week - at 7:30 or so on Saturday. I remembered thinking the times seemed strange for this broadcast - but I'm not complaining.

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant they never show the early Sunday match live, it's always delayed until after the late Sunday match is broadcast on PPV.

This game was in addition to the early Saturday game, which is always broadcast live on FSW.