Liverpool in the Media (Linked Articles Only) VII

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 17, 2018.

1. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like those sentiments.

Most forget that even the barnstorming season we've just had started rather shakily with hard fought, close and sometimes [seemingly] unconvincing victories.

2. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So true. When I talk to supporters of other teams, they only remember the winning record and have totally forgotten all those early games where we barely scraped through.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    a little downbeat, there, lads. no real blowouts, but last season, first 10 games:
    won 9, drew 1, with a GD of +14.
    games vs Chelsea (W), SU (W) and MU (D) were poor performances, but others (Arse, Burnley, LC, Spurs - all W) were very good.

4. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, wasn't exactly super smooth sailing during that Adrian run. Got very lucky against SHU in particular in that early run, that must have been early November.

5. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So out of the 10 you mention:

3 x poor
    4 x good

So that must mean remaining 3 were "OK"

Which agrees with what I meant ...... it was not exactly plain sailing.

But as the cliche goes, it's winning ugly on a cold rainy night in (insert name) that makes Champions.

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'll take another season of the same, please.

7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. I was agreeing. :thumbsup:

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/...y-staff-member-which-could-have-a-big-impact/

Liverpool have seen head of post-match analysis Harrison Kingston depart the club to take up a role with the Moroccan Football Federation, leaving a big hole to fill. The Reds have had a number of key staff members leave this year, including head of medical services Andy Massey and physios Christopher Rohrbeck, Richie Patridge and Jose Luis Rodriguez.

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    soccershaggy repped this.
  11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Everton have been cheated out of 5 points which would put them top.

soccershaggy and SamScouse repped this.
  12. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last two seasons have been very very hard on Gary - with his team being a complete joke and with Liverpool winning the CL and PL.

So, again, he needs to cling to anything possible to make him feel better. 9 games into the season - it's Tottenham and Chelsea. I bet 5 games ago he was probably pushing the Everton narrative.

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a footie award given out every bloody week. soon there'll be an award for the player who's won the most awards ....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55070903
    Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Thiago Alcantara are in the running for the men's prize in the Best Fifa Football Awards.

burning247 repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The Premier League appear to have bowed to pressure from Jurgen Klopp and Frank Lampard by not selecting any of the 'Big Six' clubs for Saturday lunchtime kick-offs after games in Europe in December.

Both Klopp and Lampard have called for a change to the scheduling to give teams more time to prepare after they have played in the Champions League or Europa League in midweek.
    The Premier League announced their latest fixtures amendments on Thursday and Liverpool only face one lunchtime Saturday kick-off for December.

The champions face a trip to Crystal Palace on December 19 after having hosted Tottenham at Anfield on the Wednesday three days earlier.

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Fifpro have revealed the 55-strong shortlist of players who will make up the World 11 team for 2020.

This is a pretty huge deal for players as it’s voted for by all professionals around the world, who get to pick their best candidates from each of goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards.

While Bayern predictably have lots of names involved after their European exertions last season and the usual big-name stars around Europe are all pretty much involved again too, eight Reds are also on the list:

Alisson Becker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil van Dijk, Andy Robertson, Thiago Alcantara, Jordan Henderson, Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.

Ali and Virg were the duo who made the final 11 last year from the Reds, while Bobby Firmino was shortlisted last year but misses out this time.

December 17 is the date for the official 11 to be confirmed.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sporting financial analysts KPMG have produced their regular look at the most valuable squads in Europe to coincide with the Champions League group stage being over and done with – and the Reds are one of just two clubs rated at worth over €1bn.

Man City just about lead the way, on £1.056 bllion, but then it’s the Reds with a squad worth £993 million.

Considering the vast difference in actual money spent to produce these squads for Klopp and Pep, it’s yet again testament to the amazing job the recruitment team do…and the coaching staff, too.

18. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #619 Red Bird, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020

Mods, i think this belongs to the Media thread. Please move as necessary.

I did think it hilarious and especially apt in this climate of alternative news, "facts." Thiago and van Dijk were over-doped and not injured by premeditated thuggery, for example. And Thiago was not at Bayern until September, either.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if it's that bad, let's just keep it off here.

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    #622 Samarkand, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    It’s like RT or Newsmax reporting on Pelosi. WITH more than usual conspiracy theories.

23. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    4 minutes in I was already so unbelievably bored I had to stop .......

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Since the start of last season, Matip has the best aerial duel win percentage of any player in the Premier League (86% - minimum 50 aerial duels).

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.