Liverpool Football Corporation: The Business of LFC

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Mar 2, 2015.

1. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A good week for Liverpool just got better. FSG have agreed to fan representation on the board following talks with Spirit of Shankly.

. The owners have also vowed to cover the costs of the Super League debacle rather than burden the club with them. #LFC - James Pearce

SamScouse repped this.
  2. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wow - that says something yeah? :cool:

3. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  4. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still rough to be at that level. Going to prevent the club from doing a lot of things like competing for the next big transfer.

Salah yet to get his big extension as well...

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the club were interested in offloading a few players this summer so there may be wage bill reductions coming in the not-too-far future.

and a number of our first team squad are at or near their peak earning years.

7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaq, Origi, Mina aren't exactly on massive wages. Milner, he's on good wages. Matip might be up there.

Red Bird repped this.
  8. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know, our wage bill is quite high as it contains incentives which would have been triggered. But actually paying more than Chelsea and Man U at the end of the day IS indeed surprising .

EruditeHobo and Wingtips1 repped this.
  9. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean United especially... they have been out of control re: wages for years. Or so I thought.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Tomkins:

[​IMG]

newterp repped this.
  12. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall they've done very well, no question. But more specifically, investment in the squad has been mediocre at best for a couple years in a row now.

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Covid's hit on PL and Euro clubs.... we have done remarkably well.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...-liverpool-financial-results-compare-23205592

Liverpool posted their accounts for the 2020/21 period on Friday, financials that showed a pre-tax loss of £4.8m and revenues dipping by £3m to £487m, with matchday revenues slumping 95 per cent from £70m to £3m due to the ban on fans attending games for nearly all of last season.
    That £4.8m loss comes on the back of a £46m pre-tax loss that was posted for 2019/20, taking the overall loss during the pandemic to £50.8m. When compared with how their rivals have fared it has been a minor miracle.

Manchester City trumpeted their ability to be one of the few clubs to turn a profit as they registered a positive £2.4m pre-tax profit. Champions League success aided their efforts, as did the healthy commercial partnerships that arrive from the United Arab Emirates, but the profit did little to wipe away the overall impact on the business over the past two years, with losses of £123.6m overall.

Manchester United are another to have struggled. United's 2019/20 loss stood at £23.2m, around half of Liverpool's, but their 2020/21 pre-tax losses came in at £92.2m, taking their combined losses to £115.4m.

Tottenham Hotspur were hit particularly hard due to the shuttering of stadiums having only opened their state of the art new home a year before the pandemic. The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was due to be a game changer for Spurs, but with the ability to monetise it in the way they had planned, allied with poor performance on the pitch, it has become one of the main reasons for their financial struggles during the pandemic. Spurs posted losses of £68m in 2019/20, a figure that jumped to £80.2m in their most recent set of financial results. That takes their combined pandemic losses to £148.2m.

Chelsea are another to have posted poor results. The poorest in the Premier League so far, in fact. Their most recent accounts for 2020/21 showed a £145.6m loss to take them to a combined £156m over the two years.

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #389 newterp, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    Man City. Come on. Nothing to see here. Move along. These are not the outright corrupt deals you are looking for. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

burning247 repped this.
  15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/...se-in-revenue-as-value-of-nike-deal-outlined/

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    FSG does a very very professional job with these deals. the financial base for the club seems very strong at this point. long may it continue.

17. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To you, to me, to most people.

LiverpoolFanatic and Red Bird repped this.
  19. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

i don;t even know what the acronym means... :( :confused:

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice Fake Tits

21. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    I went to try to explain as I think I do understand NFTs. But 4 paragraphs in, I was reminded of Einstein’s maxim, “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”. :p

LiverpoolFanatic and asitis repped this.
  22. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    What's in a name? NFT is an acronym for "Non Fungible Token". That's all I really needed to know about these things.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  23. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take a stab at it... NFTs are supposed to be the electronic equivalent of "signed and certified" piece of artwork.

Say you have a "real" Ansel Adams photograph, it will have his signature on it, and since many of these photographs were made made into multiple individual prints, it will have a number associated with it (say 15/1500 - meaning it was the 15th print of 1500 made).

There may be many reproductions of that famous Ansel Adams photograph out there as images in a picture book, or as posters, or on websites, etc., but unless they are "signed prints" they are not worth much at all.

The NFT is supposed to provide the equivalent of that "signed and certified" status to an electronic file.

24. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That part I understand. What I don't understand is why the hell anyone would want one.

delaynomo repped this.