Liverpool FC vs Crystal Palace - June 24 - EPL [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jun 21, 2020.

1. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was fun wasn't it :)

Personally would prefer to win it on the pitch over at the Commonwealth Games Stadium but not complaining if we're declared champs on June 25th 2020, at 2:10 PDT.

usscouse repped this.
  2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #102 usscouse, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    30+ yes! The grass cuts are 6 yards a swathe (never thought I’d use that word in a sentence here). If you look you’ll see 3 cuts to the 18 yard line or 1 to the 6 yard. He was 2 cuts plus a bit outside of the area..,,like this.
    Sorry about the quality and the long winded mansplain. :)
    36DE5F78-08D6-497F-8837-A96087826C56.jpeg

Red Bird, el-capitano and newterp repped this.
  3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I’d like to treat the game in the desert as a celebratory exhibition match. No pressure relax and show off.

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Has eveeeryone stopped complaining about the team not being able to reach its potential lately now....???

That was a great display today..... fantastic goals and movement. If City beat Chelsea tomorrow, next week's game should be a cracker.

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not sure about him ... a defender who only spent about 15 seconds out of 15 minutes in his own half!!
    ;)

usscouse repped this.
  6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Only the keeper did more.

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I saw Alisson lounging on a pool chair with a cigar in his mouth during that second half. Not taking anything away from our boys, but that was a desperately poor Palace performance.

usscouse repped this.
  8. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Looked a bit like Burnley when the Cityzens played them a few days ago...and when Zaha went off...

9. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes! If they keep on playing like that. That's the LFC intensity that should be out there every game. The effort against Everton was poor. then again I can't remember them playing well in there first game back after a break.

usscouse repped this.
  10. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well now, that’s more like it.

Salah and Bobby, very sharp. Fabinho MOTM, excellent performance.

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Billy Shankly said he wanted to take a chair out to a keeper. I think Ray Clemence. I think.

el-capitano repped this.
  12. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a bad miss. VAR should have corrected it.

City pen was really obvious unfortunately, so 1/2 on this one, pal. Keep at it! And as always thanks for thinking of me. :thumbsup:

el-capitano and usscouse repped this.
  13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Now the buzz has worn off and we’re back down to the sod. No way are the Chavs going to take points from Citeh.

We’re going to have to “Do it in Dubai.”

14. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very fun game to watch.

happy to see they knocked off the rust from Sunday.

15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Just one note. The only one among thousands in the crowd. :) the 22 players all the officials and various staff who said penalty, was the var ref. And he needed special glasses to see a faint touch that wouldn’t have tripped my mother.

The gang bang on VvD and the hand ball the Kop roar could be heard Across Liverpool.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  16. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1275904585312411650 is not a valid tweet id

el-capitano repped this.
  17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Minamino would have been offside if the ball had gotten to him. Not sure why Salah (and most strikers) don;t go into Indoor soccer mode when they get that close to the keeper and the goal line..... and just toe smack the thing. Even if a keeper gets to it, it'll likely continue in if you toe-smash it hard......

18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You can't play well when you don;t have the ball....

19. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I don't care... I just enjoyed watching our guys do their thing again... last Sunday was not fun to watch, but these guys are back again. I bet we beat the mooners next week. 6 months ago I was trying to figure out how to jigger flights between me and Guangzhou, either before or after my visit, to get to this game. I figured it might be the last one before we actually got the title.

Man how things have changed...

But, man how things have stayed the same. I don't fret about hearing a fake crowd noise, apparently our guys don't care. WHEN we win the title, I'll be happy to wait to celebrate...

20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was match to savour. And to think that this would normally have been one of the trickiest of fixtures, eh?

Unlike against Everton over the weekend, last night Liverpool moved the ball quickly and decisively before Palace could get its defensive shape set. If Wijnaldum (particularly) and Henderson had had a bit more composure, the score line could have been much higher.

I also thought the replacements played quite well. It could be because the scoreline was already high but the introduction of Williams and Minamino (if only Salah had squared the ball at the end there!) did not result in a drop off in a quality. Hopefully we'll get these types of results and opportunities to introduce the bench players.

21. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fabinho really has a thunderous shot in him, hasn't he? There didn't seem to be any danger and Hennessy had full view of the action, yet

What we now need is somebody who can hit the ball on the move or under pressure as Gerrard used to do. Henderson and Wijnaldum who frequently find themselves in the those positions, seem to lack the confidence to see the ball drop the to right level and then strike it with both venom and direction..

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    we literally did not need a goalkeeper yesterday. would have been the same result if we'd played with 10 men.

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think, unlike previous encounters, we hardly gave Palace a chance to regroup into its familiar defensive shape. In short, we made it a desperately poor Palace. Apparently last night was the first Premier League game for 12 years in which no player from one team touched the ball in the other teams penalty area. Utopia!

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    sometimes he just hits the nail right on the head. one of my favourite quotes .... :)

“I don’t think the game could have been better. My boys played like everyone was in the stadium. Imagine if this stadium was full today and people could experience that performance live? I liked it a lot. I liked the game so much. 4-0 up in 87th minute and four of our players chasing a Crystal Palace player like he has the only ball in the world.”

el-capitano, usscouse and newterp repped this.
  25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was like 2015-2016 pressing yesterday.