Liverpool FC vs Bournemouth - EPL - Mar 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We can talk about VAR and if it was/n't a foul - but the fact of the matter is Gomez was lackadaisical and allowed himself to be bullied. Had he simply taken charge the matter with the ball in his possession, no need for all the hand wringing. It's days like this that you're reminded he's still just 22 (or whatever) and has some maturing to do.
    TAA - is he even opening his eyes on his crosses at this point?
    Milner - he's an aging CM filling in a position based on speed & endurance, and doing an adequate job. But I'm not hopeful Wednesday if he's at LB.
    Fab has been slow of foot and of mind since the break. He needs to be MUCH better in possession on Wednesday.
    Ox / Gini - not a whole lot from either of them today. With us playing against a packed defense I thought we would have seen them at least try to be inventive.
    The front 3 - on the scoresheet. Bobby should have joined them. Need to be sharper.

bayern is god repped this.
  2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been saying this for weeks - TAA and Robertson need to not cross every single time. Fool the opponent and start taking some shots. Each has a cannon for a leg and it would really help their own overall play if they started to keep defenders guessing.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In fairness to Tren he does shot, but not often enough. Andy only shoots when he is inside the box, and invariably misses ....
    but maybe he'll score on on Wednesday.... ;)

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    No complaints about var for a while. They must be doing something right.

Wa! Never mind.

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I was gonna make that point this past few days - the ONLY useful thing about the CoronaVirus is that it got rid of having to watch any Video Assisted Refereeing mullarkey