Liverpool FC vs Bournemouth - EPL - Mar 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Mar 4, 2020.

1. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool set a new top-flight English record of 22 consecutive home league victories.

Suss repped this.
  2. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    thats only if city win

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    3 more wins for glory.

22 consecutive wins at Anfield in the league. Atletico must come to Anfield on Wednesday.

Up the Reds!

Wingtips1 and BtownKj repped this.
  4. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Any win is a good win. Let’s get back in the habit now.

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are going need the crowd, a much much better performance, and a lockpicker on Wednesday if we want to advance to the next round of the CL.

6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #131 Red Bird, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Aye. We also meet to protect Adrian a lot more— although Gomez was fouled in the lead up to Bournemouth’s goal, we had enough chances to recover that situation. A good number of players just gave up and allowed Bournemouth to set up the goal with an additional 4 or 5 moves.

Too many lackadaisical performances. That said, this team is 25 points ahead and it’s due a wobble, what? Hopefully, we’re over the worst of the post winter break.

7. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Funnily enough, just thinking about who has replaced Coutinho since he’s exited.

Mané sometimes does it, but he’s more of a goal scorer; Bobby is the obvious, but he’s more a defensive forward; Shaqiri definitely, but he’s injured just that bit too often. So who does that leave? TAA, but from crosses; VVD, but from long passes. So maybe Henderson? Or AOC? Neither are lockpickers per se, but perhaps both are closer to Coutinho than the others?

When you’re struggling to beat the bottom 3 and losing to Chelsea, you know there’re choppy waters ahead. I think the Atletico game is going to be the toughest of the season.

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see klopp starting Keita on Wednesday.

soccershaggy repped this.
  9. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Those call are judgement calls with or without VAR. If a mistake was made (which I believe is the case), it is a human error (not "VAR").

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    How can you say stuff like that mate?
    Of course it "was" a judgement call by the ref And by VAR.
    VAR was another Ref "Oliver" watching a telly. We've seen Oliver's work before, on and off the pitch at Anfield!!!

I really don't understand your Idea that VAR is not human error, when all it is, is a man watching a monitor giving his subjective opinion. You think he's infallible? It's not some sort of AI.

From what I heard from the comms, the on field ref was talking to Oliver,
    Pleading his case?

11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    On the contrary, I am saying today's case 100% is human error. But not all VAR is affected to this extent (eg handball/offside which can mostly be adjudicated with considerably more confidence with the help of VAR).

What I don't understand is why today's type of event should be labelled a "VAR issue"? With or without VAR, these events are going to be subjective.

For any subjective but "close calls" (which I don't think this one was), one side will be unhappy whatever decision is made.

12. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This performance did nothing to settle my nerves ahead of Wednesday. The way the team is defending, a clean sheet seems unlikely. And the way the team is attacking, three goals is a long shot against Atletico's strong defense, even on a European night at Anfield.

Prove me wrong, lads.

13. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Beating Barcelona 4-0 without Firmino and Salah was a long shot. What we are faced with on Wednesday is just a difficult task.

I’m confident they will pull it off, but the result in the first leg leaves little margin for error. We can play a great game and still get knocked out by a lucky away goal.

Wingtips1, burning247 and speker repped this.
  14. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If Henderson is fit to start, Klopp has to seriously consider dropping Fabinho. Today’s display did not convince me that he is back in form.

You have to figure that Henderson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Milner, Ox, Keita, and Lallana are all in contention to start on Wednesday. The back 5 and front 3 pick themselves.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  15. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

You get up at 4.30 to walk the dog? Who is wagging who's tail here? ;)

16. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think, right now, our recent form blip will have the knock-on bonus effect (if we do play a great game) of us converting chances if we are on and buzzing......
    I really hope Naby Keita plays (doesn't seem like he is off to Africa???)

17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Keita is a lockpicker...

18. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Yes we were not at our best,but Boy was that atleast a step in the right direction after the two losses.

Milners leadership on the Pitch was crucial and I Guess that Leadership element which Hendo or Millie brings is intangible and priceless to Us when our heads drop like how they did against Watford & Chelsea.

Good to get Salah and Mane on the score sheet before Atletico and we are not yet quite clicking like we were in December but that might soon change if we give someone a hiding and why not start this Wednesday.

Fabinho gets a lot of stick and rightly so,for his play since he's back from Injury but the levels of Gini especially and even Ox have dropped significantly and that can't fall squarely on the Brazilian's shoulders.He was the first name on the team sheet pre injury and there's a Class player inside there and hope hes shook of most of the rust in these few outings and back to his best soon.

Our High line which was impenetrable before the Watford loss,suddenly looks like its one pass away from being cut open which is a 2 way process...Obviously the opposition have worked out a quick runner from midfield/attack just springing the offside trap and isolating our CB not called Van Dijk is giving them Joy...Added to that our Midfield hasn't been the same without Hendo tracking those exact runs and...Eureka!!!!...Yes,we were not at our sharpest defensively against Bournemouth,but I'm sure Klopp & Lijnders would iron out those exact flaws with a moral boosting win under our belt.

Go Man UTD...YNWA.

19. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yes, indeed. I really like Keita but unfortunately he's becoming the Harry Kewell de nos jours. Very talented, but every time he gets injured, not only is he out for the length of the injury, but he also seems to need 3-4 games to get back into the swing of things, as opposed to someone like Milner yesterday.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  20. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 games to go!! United beat City!!

soccershaggy repped this.
  21. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend for 90 minutes plus injury time.

22. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    God Wills it!

23. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hey - THANK YOU MAN UTD!!

At this rate - We may win this thing before the coronavirus hits the government to close the turnstiles...

24. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    They might well close the turnstiles; they won’t turn off the TV cameras.

ETA: PSG/Dortmund closed to fans in the CL. Will be broadcast.

25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man - if any team feeds off the home crowd......Anfield