PBP: Liverpool FC v FC Barcelona | UEFA CL - Semifinal - 2nd Leg | 7 May 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 5, 2019.

1. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    I have loved this club for a long time but I'm quitting these forums. This will be my last post. And maybe the team as well... I can't continue to support a team that has no heart. I love the team's loyalty towards its players and will always remember the best times but the level of effort and fortitude today simply wasn't enough. This team doesn't have mentally what it takes to be a CL champion. It's been in front of us for years and at this stage it isn't the coach who is at fault. It's all the players. We are becoming the laughingstock of Europe. I can't support a team that loses this way because they don't represent fighting spirit and perseverance, traits that to me are essential in a sports team. This team's performances don't stand for what I am all about and how I see sports.

As for Messi I do feel for him especially because he seems like a good person off the pitch as well but he has the heart of a mouse. For three consecutive years this man has never showed an ounce of positive emotion in tough times. Where was that fist pump today, the mean streak, ********ING FOUL SOMEONE for god's sakes. Send a message that you and your team will fight. Nothing... Sometimes it is about the intangibles. It is about lifting your team's spirit. Messi just doesn't have that... He doesn't.

leadleader and Forzabarca repped this.
  2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's quite a swing to go from being mentioned in the same breath as Pele or Maradona to being "the biggest choke-job ever".
    I've never placed Messi above those two greats but to place him at the bottom of the barrel seems just a bit too... what's the word I'm looking for...

Dumb?

3. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    how the hell that Messi from being the besr player going down to no one after just one match.
    Best player award should go for the best player through out whole season .That is Messi. One bad game can not change this fact. Heck, Messi is a beast in the first leg,against that same liverpool team
    And do you really think that pele/maradona can handle this liverpool team alone?

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's the thing - there are no other options atm. People think we are Valverde lovers, but it's not that. It's just that there is nobody else available right now. All the mouth breathers that posted hundreds of times about Valverde needing to go never once mentioned another name, except Xavi which is not an option right now.

*imagine posting hundreds of times about someone should be fired but not mentioning another option. The stupidity of people*

So Valverde will get another year, but the fans are gonna be on him like flies on shit (rightly so)

condor11 repped this.
  5. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good riddance.

condor11, Leon12 and celito repped this.
  6. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I knew it...

IMG_6253.JPG

Forzabarca repped this.
  7. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I’m so tired, I’m taking a break.

condor11 and Leon12 repped this.
  8. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No more thread starting the rest of the season? Not even the Copa final? :(

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ten Hag :D

Forzabarca repped this.
  10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I'm not quitting! I'm going to continue being a pain in the ass for the mediocrity lovers here who drag the club through embarrassments in Europe year after year when it's there for the taking.

Danko repped this.
  11. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Didn't Barca try that once before with Van Gaal?

condor11 repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This thread will mark a record for posts by @TitoTata in one thread ...

BocaFan, condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't get the reference ... :confused:

14. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    How much longer is the contract between pep and man city?

15. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for coming back, we really wanted to hear your opinion about it. Look forward of seeing your post in the next cl sf.

condor11 repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    EV in the press conference:

I knew they were better in the first leg and we tried to change the plan in the second leg!!!!!

17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ajax won the CL, Barca took away their coach.
    And I'm not sure he left Barca with the best of reputations.

condor11 repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    MSN .. ain’t too long ago ..

19. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    When such results are produced, the most important thing to do is to send a message that such performance won’t be tolerated. Therefore EV must go.

We need to get back to our roots now, especially as now we will have Arthur ad DeJong in midfield next season.

If we just look in the Netherlands: Erik Ten Hag, Philip Cocu, Mark Van Bommel, Ronald Koeman(if available) will all be better than the absolute dross of the coach we have at the moment.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ah yeah ... he had 2 stints. Second one was really bad if I've read correctly.

condor11 repped this.
  21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    By playing the same team with same tactics.

leadleader repped this.
  22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They had pep then bought the best players .. didn’t they spend just under 200 million on four fullbacks a couple of years ago ??

23. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    2021. He will have been at City for five seasons, one more than he was at Barca which he left because (iirc) of the 'hot seat' of having to maintain winning ways which he said was impossible.
    I felt he left because he couldn't stand Rosell.

condor11 repped this.
  24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Roberto inspired their fast start with THREE errors in the first 3 minutes ..

He was also the player near the corner then turned his back on the ball and ran towards his normal RB position but the young lad Alexander saw his chance and took a quick corner . Roberto didn’t even see the ball hitting the net !!

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You’re telling me we couldn’t entice the Ajax manager here ??