Liverpool FC Philly Supporters Club

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by bwest578, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bwest578

bwest578 Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey,

I've been in Philly area for 5 years, and I haven't seen a LFC Supporters Club. If there is, please let me know, otherwise if there are people interested in starting one, let me know. Thanks.

Brandon

2. Tex!

Tex! New Member

May 28, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bwest,
    I would be interested in starting/joining a supporters group for the Reds. Let me know if you're still interested. If there already is one, please let me know also, as I would care to add my considerable pint raising prowess to such a group.

3. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whose stadium will be built first? Philly or L'pool?

4. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. bwest578

bwest578 Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I still am...but there seems that there isn't a whole lot of people...

6. rfjmc32

rfjmc32 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm in philly now and there a few of us LFC supporters up who have moved up from Baltimore (where there is a great LFC supporters club and three LFC bars).

Anyone want to get together for matches?

7. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Mark Jenkinson who does alot of the barktees stuff is a red through and through....has a really boss king kenny shirt for sale too.

8. rfjmc32

rfjmc32 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    thanks!

i don't see any LFC stuff on bark tees?

9. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    limepicklefc.net

10. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There must be a club since a whole bunch of Liverpool supporters always show up at Tir Na Nog whenever Liverpool plays Chelsea. Note that TNN is a Chelsea bar (there were circa 25 of us early last Sunday).

Would check Facebook and Yahoo for a philly club.

11. wscottl

wscottl Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SE PA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *cancels remaining barktees orders

12. bigjinks

bigjinks Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Liverpool/Havertown
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is an LFC supporters group. I will tell the bloke who organizes it about this thread. It is based out of the Iron Abbey in Horsham. Not sure what the progress is, but I believe they're talking to the club about becoming an OFFICIAL arm of the overseas chapters.

....and they do frequent TNN for the Chelsea game as RUUD said.

Btw: TNN is NOT a Chelsea pub even though you might use it as a base, AND.... on the DL, they do not like it being called a Chelsea pub ;-)

13. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    They're all locked up from stealing car stereos.

14. Philly_Boots

Philly_Boots New Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Horsham
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe 20 LFC supporters, including me, were at the Iron Abbey in Horsham, PA last week for the season opener. Likely the same faces will be there tmr morning for the Gunners match...i know I will be there. Food is killer. Bar offerings are insane. Great group.

15. LFCPhilly

LFCPhilly New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To anyone in the Philly area who is a Liverpool Supporter we are in the process of starting up a Philadelphia area LFC supporters branch. We have things in the works right now and are always looking for new supporters. We meet up at the Iron Abbey in Horsham, PA. They have agreed to make the Abbey the home of LFCPhilly. I have a email chain that I send out to area LFC supporters to notify them of upcoming matches and which channel the match is to be broadcast. Anyone interested in joining the list please email me with your email address and first and last name. I don't forward any junk and won't allow anyone to use the chain for marketing. This is for LFC content ONLY! We will be making some away trips this season for LFC matches. We will be making 3 trips up to LFCNY and LFCBrooklyn. We haven't decided when we will be going but will notify everyone when we do. We will also be making trips into Philly for certain matches. Anyone who might be interested in joining send me your info.
    iacooper_73@yahoo.com
    Cheers!
    Ian...

16. bambambranson

bambambranson New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Dublin, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Iron Abbey is an amazing place to watch a soccer match and I am very thankful that they are LFC supporters. Tomorrow, I'll be there around 7-ish for the LFC match, and there later in the evening for the Union match. Hope to see many a peoples there!

17. LFCPhilly

LFCPhilly New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    BTW, The Abbey will have the doors open @ 7 am for the Liverpool ARSEnal match.

18. bambambranson

bambambranson New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Dublin, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    James should be tending the bar, so it'll be a good time had by all.:cool:

19. Liverpool John

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I attend the Iron Abbey (Horsham) for most Liverpool matches. We have a steady growing Liverpool support there. I used to go to the Darkhorse and Fado, but this pub is more geographically friendly for me. I encourage Liverpool supporters in the area to join us.

20. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as u guys are Union over Liverpool, then this would be perfect. It would also encourage them to take a tour in North America.

21. Liverpool John

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    With all due respect UnionFreak, we are a Liverpool Supporters Club. We have members that follow the Union, but our sole focus is supporting Liverpool FC.

22. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I use the excuse that your only allowed to support a team if your from that city. So for me its Philly & Tucson. What are your connections to Liverpool?

23. Liverpool John

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I see that you are a supporter of Chelsea. What is your connection?

24. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I visited/lived in London for two weeks during my sophomore year in HS. Thats when I got into soccer. Did the same during my Junior year, but in Lyon, so I also support Lyon. Yours?

25. Liverpool John

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Going to London on a two week field trip hardly qualifies you as being "from London". I'm smelling a tad bit of hypocrisy here.