LIVERPOOL FC- 2019/20 PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by newterp, Jun 25, 2020.

1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not able to post the link right now, but highly recommend the article in today's Independent "The 30 Steps to Liverpool's title". Excellent stuff.

Boundzy repped this.
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks as if the celebrations got out of hand with some anti-social behaviour all over the city centre and, apparently outside Anfield.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - disappointing. There’s always some element that simply can not control themselves. And then it paints the rest of the fans with a broad unflattering and unfair brush.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    newterp repped this.
  6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This one is long so give yourself time.

7. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
  8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

It was a really inspired decision to go in for Salah quickly when Klopp knew he needed another great forward to balance the attack, because he was (or must have been) starting to appear on all the big teams radars that year with Roma and the one before. I remember seeing him in highlights about 5 times and thinking more each time, that Egyptian guy can really play. I fully expected him to sign for Juventus or Bayern or Madrid or some team like that. Reminded me of a young Ryan Giggs but with better high speed passing. At the time I had no inkling that we would sign him, just as I had none that we were going to sign Mane before Klopp snapped him up. I had been paying little attention to the premiership the year before we signed Mane as I knew we weren;t in the race, and so I had to go back and look at his highlights after we signed him and I remember thinking that we were going to be pretty good the next season with Coutinho, Mane and Firmino and Lallana (who we forgot was playing out of his skin around that time) ...
    Klopp has been fantastic at getting great consistent performances out of what he had until he got better players in to really mould a world class team.

Great management at every level from this guy. Incredible man. Kudos forever.

bayern is god, delaynomo and Wingtips1 repped this.
  9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I would disagree with Allison and Van Dyke. They were both world class coming in. We were lucky that most of the big clubs in the world have great keepers at that time 2 years ago. If we hadn't got him (Allison) he'd be at PSG or Madrid now....
    very good idea to break the bank for him. Thanks much Phil Coutinho!

Wingtips1 repped this.
  10. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree - neither VVD nor Allison were considered world class. Top shelf - yes. World Class - no.

VvD - we were ridiculed for the fee by everyone. Everyone. They knew he was a very good player but was coming off a serious injury and his last two clubs were Soton and Celtic. He’s become world-class under us.

Allison - top level for sure. Maybe a touch closer to World Class. But again - 1.5 seasons at Roma. He was coveted by other clubs - he’s grown as a keeper in the two years with us. Now he’s world class.

LiverpoolFanatic, Red Bird and Suss repped this.
  11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

That would be wayyyy cool.....

CB-West repped this.
  12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...uccess-vows-break-Premier-League-records.html

LiverpoolFanatic and Wingtips1 repped this.
  13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #113 Red Bird, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Good defender and goalkeeper, yes, but not world class at all when they both came to Liverpool.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the backroom staff

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...om-from-peter-the-eye-krawietz-to-mona-nemmer

Lockdown video calls provided a glimpse inside Klopp’s home in Formby and further confirmation of how highly the Liverpool manager values the collective. On one of the walls built for Steven Gerrard, bought by Brendan Rodgers and now rented by Klopp stands a framed Liverpool “6” shirt marking last season’s Champions League triumph in Madrid. Underneath is a photograph of Klopp holding the European Cup while flanked by his backroom team. In adding the Uefa Super Cup, Club World Cup and Premier League title to the recent roll of honour Liverpool have rekindled the finest boot-room tradition of all – consistent success.

newterp repped this.
  15. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Alisson was seen as the more complete of the two in their respective positions, but I would agree, neither he nor VVD were seen as world class.

16. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    #116 Samarkand, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Oh, how I wish I had saved or bookmarked this tweet or that my history wasn't erased on shutdown. I was surfing, bouncing from site to site, post to post, link to link reading about our newfound status as champions of just about everything and everywhere.

So late yesterday evening, after United had scrambled an extra time winner against Norwich in the QFs on the FA Cup, I came across a tweet from an absolutely rabid, Scouse-hating Manc. As I say, I cannot for the life of me find it now.

Anyway, Maguire pings in the winner, Utd go on to win. And this tweet pops up, saying how ecstatic, completely over the moon he is that United and Maguire have ruined the weekend and the rest of the season and all celebrations for the Scousers by taking the spotlight away from them with United's march into the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

That Scousers must be absolutely fuming with Maguire, who is by far and away the best defender in the world, that he had ruined their title winning celebrations, that after 30 years, United continue to ruin things for Liverpool.

I was certain this was a parody account, so I delved deeper; nope! On the level, straight up Manc-spporting, Scouse-hating United fan. Ye gods...

17. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Shit! Cancel the parade . :)

Samarkand repped this.
  18. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #118 newterp, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    hubbabubba, speker and SamScouse repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting you should bring this up, I was watching that match and when Maguire's winner went in all I could muster was an "ahhh bummer", which is when it hit me, any and all schadenfreude has basically left me with the joy of 19. I was able to calmly watch as United, City, and Chelsea all advanced with no animosity. All I want is this sense of bliss to be shared with all.

Which got me thinking how nuts others supporters are. My own personal experience was at the end of the '14 season. I went down to a pub to watch the final match of the season ready to celebrate just in case, but knowing in my heart of hearts that it was already done. When the final whistle went we clapped off the reds and ordered shots to celebrate what had been the most fun league season I had ever had, supporting Liverpool. About 5 mins later a group of city fans came to our end of the bar amazed that we were still there, and actually kind of enjoying ourselves. They then proceeded to do the Poznam, and then sing the Gerrard song. It wasn't offensive, or angering, it was just weird that after one of their clubs greatest moments, their first thoughts were about us.

usscouse repped this.
  21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    one farts in their general direction.

22. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Always has been, part of SARNs inferiority complex about us.

23. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yeah, have had similar myself a few times. Don't quite get it, and I'm usually so bothered by those morons.

24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last season, after clinching the title, Man City players sang, not blue moon rising, but about fcuking scousers!

owian repped this.
  25. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    We are always in their heads, this season even more than usual. Liverpool Derangement Syndrome

SamScouse repped this.