Liverpool fans v. Everton fans

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Rocket, Oct 27, 2004.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    It's still fun to point out. :D

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Well, sure...I was only responding to the "unpalatable" comment...

3. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Everton and Liverpool on FSW at 7.30 am central time. Three weeks in a row now. Good stuff. Let's go Blues.

bford

4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Ah, that's what was posted at the end of the article on Toffeeweb. I just copied and pasted.

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure the game's on at 7:30 central time?

It looks to me like it's on at 6:30 am central time.

6. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    okay,fair enough,in some way,everton created us!!!THANK GOD!!!!I mean,if you guys hadnt left anfiel rd,we may have never existed ,and players like Ian Rush,Gerrard ,Owen,etc,would have been everton players!!Apart from rooney(a player you guys couldnt even keep at everton for more than 2 yrs!!),you guys havent produced any great players over the years!!!I mean,people like Owen and Carragher were everton supporters as kids,and you guys still let them go to liverpool(means your scouting system is a very poor one indeed!!)

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Don't forget about Steve McManaman and Robbie Fowler...

8. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The fact of the matter is that Liverpool are the bigger club and have the bigger wallet due to their previous success in the 70's nothing more. Also if you're scouts are so much better than ours how did you let Wayne Rooney slip through?

9. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oops....yep that was 7.30 eastern, I was just thinking central since I live in it. Good catch! So Everton v Liverpool 7.30 eastern, 6.30 central, and way too early in the Pacific time zone!

bford

10. PE230

PE230 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Walton, L,pool (UK)
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The famous quote from Brian Labone - ‘One Evertonian is worth 20 Liverpudlians’ enough said.

Everton fans are honest when it comes to speaking about their team. The RS always go on about we've won more etc. They won the treble (they were lucky in every single final - on own goal in the UEFA cup, a hand ball in the Worthless Cup - Birmingham should have been given a penalty, again this was not given - and against The Arse in the FA Cup the poxy little welsh kid Owen scoring after The Arse had battered them for 85 mins.

RS fans only see one thing. They think they can do no wrong and when things don't go their way they spit their dummy out. They should know "What Goes Around Comes Around". Our time will come around soon.

They watch the game through there rose tinted glasses and can't see anything wrong when they cheat but when it happens to them, well thats a different story.

A point raised by Dave_M about the RS fans when the Millwall fans chanted "You Should Have Died etc" The RS fans are the worst in the world. Before 1989 when it happened they/any every other team too (including us) used to sing "Who's That Dying On the Runway...." to Manure fans. Now that was alright was it? No, you never saw the Manure fans ripping up seats and starting fights.

11. soccerphan

soccerphan New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Philadelphia, USA
    excellent post dove. very informative. as a yank Evertonian, I thank you. I'm always interested in the history of my chosen club.

Quick question and I apologize for going off topic, but can you elaborate on the Rangers/Celtic thing? Do you mean that Catholics support Celtic and Protestants support Rangers? Or something to that effect?

12. soccerphan

soccerphan New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Philadelphia, USA
    oh yes, we're ready!! The work week cant go fast enough

13. PE230

PE230 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Walton, L,pool (UK)
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Can't wait for Saturday bring on the RS.

14. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    So if thats the case are you saying that your only succesful because of us a fact im already aware of thank you Big Dunc for president lol

15. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    That's the best one you could find?