Liverpool Academy & Reserves Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 27, 2016.

1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jones and Elliott are both super exciting prospects.

You still never know. It wasn't long ago that Ben Woodburn was the most exciting kid in the academy. I just tuned into the League One playoffs to find that Woodburn is on the bench for Oxford United. From being Liverpool's youngest goal scorer, to scoring huge goals for Wales, to a failed loan at Sheffield United, to not being picked in the most important game for Oxford. I might be being unfair, perhaps there is an injury or something, but it does show that it is hard to make it.

2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he played last week in leg 1 and was not good. to be fair he's had a rough season with a broken leg at some point as well.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Update: On comes Ben Woodburn with 29 minutes on the clock in extra time. I'm assuming the manager will have him take a penalty.

4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Woodburn takes the first penalty and scores. Former Red, Cameron Brannagan scores the winning penalty, and Oxford are going to Wembley.

LiverpoolFanatic, el-capitano and speker repped this.
  5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool and Fulham are set to go to a tribunal to decide a compensation fee for Harvey Elliott with the clubs poles apart in their valuation of the 17-year-old forward.

Elliott moved to Liverpool from Craven Cottage on academy terms last summer and has been part of Jürgen Klopp’s first-team squad for most of the season. His progress was rewarded this week with a first professional contract.

Fulham are believed to have been offered £750,000 for the highly rated teenager, whom they value at closer to £7m. Unless there is a breakthrough in negotiations a decision will have to be taken by a tribunal, with the fee decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee.

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going be a pretty decent fee I bet.

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    £7.5 million? I reckon, we'll split the difference. After all, we paid £6.5 million for Ings (plus and additional £1.5 million in add-ons which I doubt were ever triggered.) Ings was more established. Burnley did get 20% profit on his transfer to Southampton.

8. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Larouci is set to leave Liverpool this summer. [James Pearce]

9. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    'Down to the final year of his contract and has told the club he won't pen an extension. He wants first-team football. Leeds & Brentford both keen. '

10. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that explains why he wasn’t given a look in these finals games.

Not a huge loss - knowing us we will get a sell on fee if he develops.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool fans have been left emotional, after it was announced that Curtis Jones would take the number 17 shirt next season.

Jones has been tipped to become Liverpool’s next Steven Gerrard, and the significance of his number change has not been lost on Reds fans.

Gerrard wore the number 17 shirt at Anfield in his younger years, and Jones will now take over that number next campaign.

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Curtis Jones grew up wanting to be like Cristiano Ronaldo, but a Merseyside native is now looking to follow in the footsteps of Steven Gerrard and “become a legend” at Liverpool.

The 19-year-old has just completed a breakthrough campaign at Anfield, with Jurgen Klopp having shown faith in academy graduates after seeing games stack up across multiple competitions.

Jones is among those to have taken their chance, with the promising midfielder becoming the club’s youngest captain at one stage – having taken the armband for an FA Cup clash with Shrewsbury – and signing a new long-term contract.

He also got his hands on a Premier League winners’ medal, having made six top-flight appearances in a title-winning campaign, and is determined to build from this point.

Jones appears to have the perfect role models in place, with there a desire on his part to emulate the achievements of five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo and Reds icon Gerrard.

“Growing up in Liverpool, Steven Gerrard is the king of the city,” Jones told the Liverpool Echo.

“He is the one you look up to and think 'wow, imagine being him!'. Working with him a bit closer as my U18s manager he was someone who has been massive for me in the game already.

“I would always watch Cristiano Ronaldo as a kid and I wanted to be him as a player but now, as I get older, I can appreciate so many other types of footballers. So many, I look back at the ones I was too young to remember and there are loads.

“But in terms of representing this city and being a symbol, as someone who is a legend in this city with the people that love him, then my hero growing up would have to be Steven Gerrard.

Curtis Jones grew up wanting to be like Cristiano Ronaldo, but a Merseyside native is now looking to follow in the footsteps of Steven Gerrard and “become a legend” at Liverpool.

The 19-year-old has just completed a breakthrough campaign at Anfield, with Jurgen Klopp having shown faith in academy graduates after seeing games stack up across multiple competitions.

Jones is among those to have taken their chance, with the promising midfielder becoming the club’s youngest captain at one stage – having taken the armband for an FA Cup clash with Shrewsbury – and signing a new long-term contract.

He also got his hands on a Premier League winners’ medal, having made six top-flight appearances in a title-winning campaign, and is determined to build from this point.

Jones appears to have the perfect role models in place, with there a desire on his part to emulate the achievements of five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo and Reds icon Gerrard.

“Growing up in Liverpool, Steven Gerrard is the king of the city,” Jones told the Liverpool Echo.

“He is the one you look up to and think 'wow, imagine being him!'. Working with him a bit closer as my U18s manager he was someone who has been massive for me in the game already.

“I would always watch Cristiano Ronaldo as a kid and I wanted to be him as a player but now, as I get older, I can appreciate so many other types of footballers. So many, I look back at the ones I was too young to remember and there are loads.

“But in terms of representing this city and being a symbol, as someone who is a legend in this city with the people that love him, then my hero growing up would have to be Steven Gerrard.

“For Steven, I don't think he needed to try and teach me how to be an attacking midfielder like he was. I think he could see what I had on that side of the game. But what he taught me was the other side, the running, the tackling and the determination to be the best player on the pitch.

“Steven was the Scouse heartbeat in the team for so long and that is important to have at Liverpool Football Club. I know the fans sing about the 'Scouser in our team' now for Trent Alexander-Arnold and he is filling the boots of Gerrard in terms of what he represents.

“Steven did so much for this club and now Trent is on that same pathway. Trent is known for the corner against Barcelona or the free kicks against Chelsea, so if I can be known for great things like that then I would love it. I want to win games and trophies for these fans. That is why we do this.”

Jones added on his ambition: “I've got goals I want to achieve, of course. I could sit here and write that I want to win the Champions League, the World Cup, the Ballon d'Or...you name it. But I just want to repay the faith the manager and his staff have in me.

“To be a local lad involved in that [lifting the Premier League title] is definitely a dream come true and I am just happy that I have made my family and the fans proud.

“I can't wait until it is my turn to be in the team and I am winning games with the club. I want to become a legend in this city myself.”
    https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/news/jones-wanted-ronaldo-now-looking-173938740.html

13. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool youngster Billy Koumetio has signed his first professional contract with the Reds.

The young defender made the move to Merseyside from US Orleans in 2018, and has gone on to become a key player for Liverpool’s youth teams, having previously been on the books with French club Lyon.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  14. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Polish lad scores on his debut

15. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Melkamu Frauendorf, the highly-rated German youth international midfielder who #LFC recently signed from Hoffenheim, scored on his debut for the under-18s today. They beat Huddersfield 5-0 in a friendly at Kirkby. (JamesPearce)

16. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  17. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    speker repped this.
  18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  19. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    23s are currently up 5-1 on 55' at Utd if anyone is interested.

newterp repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    FT 5-1. nice.

newterp repped this.
  21. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015