Liverpool Academy & Reserves Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 27, 2016.

1. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Need to get this kid out of his Barcelona shirt!

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a little creepy that the kid has 8-pack abs.

Kawklee repped this.
  3. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know.

4. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Brewster v Millwall today

Suss repped this.
  5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Lovely strike.

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I saw that Swansea had played and checked to see if Rihan scored. It was actually given as an own goal because it hit the bar and went in off the keeper’s head. What a strike.

He’s doing exactly what we would have wanted with this loan. I wonder what it would take for Klopp to give him a real look next season.

7. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    7th goal in 12 starts.

Suss repped this.
  8. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In preseason and for Swansea he only seems to play through the middle. I would to see what he can do from the left like Mane.

We already have Minamino who looks like he is backing up Firmino. If Brewster can play on the left, and he would be very valuable to the squad especially since Mane can so easily play on the right. Origi hasn’t been very convincing on the left this season.

speker repped this.
  9. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's more true #9 ,a clinical finisher not really a deeper lying Firmino/Taki style . so I think he'll offer us something different up front .

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Origi is a lot more effective playing in the middle. He's not fast enough or tricky enough to play on the wing.

11. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yet more often than not Klopp puts him on the left, because it’s more disruptive to what we are trying to do to play him through the middle. He cannot replicate what Firmino does.

12. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    we don't have to ask Origi to mimic Bobby (nobody can - though I hope Taki will grow into that) to field an effective front 3. there's more than one way to play.

Origi goes to LW to rest Mane since we don't have a natural LW alternative for Sadio apart from MO of course (for me, if Mane needs to be subbed, I'd put Mo on the left) to terrorize a different fullback for a while.

14. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    I believe Ox can play that role effectively as well, and why big money backups for Mane and Salah are a tad overstated in the current climate.

I haven’t seen enough of Rhian, but does he have the pace and skills required to play out wide?

15. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We were clearly in the market for another forward and would have had Werner but for the corona virus closing down stadiums. So Klopp was deffo looking to add someone. Willian is experienced , still decent and with reduced playing time covering for Mo could be effective when needed.
    We're losing Lallana's big salary and Clyne , possibly a couple others so I don't see any big impact on the salary budget for one season.
    Brewster might be an option but more a natural striker whereas Willian is a right winger.
    The last free agent we signed turned out pretty well ,Milner.

LiverpoolFanatic and Suss repped this.
  16. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    All things being equal, of course having a quality 4th option like Werner would be amazing. No disagreement there.

I’ve thought about Willian as well - he’s a good shout on a free.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    a few weeks back I mentioned Willian as an interesting choice, but a few on here were dead set against it. can't recall who, but they were concerned that he doesn't score enough. for me he is skilled, works very hard and I don't like to see him against us.

he's 31 so would probably just be a filler for a year though.

orrrrrr .... keep Shaq!!

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was not in favour of Traore for that reason , Sam . Normally I wouldn't want Willian either but it seems circumstances are dictating no big spending .So if its a plan B for temporary decent backup he fits the bill.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yep I recall that ... but other were down on Wilian for the same reason.

20. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My main concern re. signing Willian (other than his age) is that he plays for Chel$ki...:sick:

21. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If playing for Chelsea meant you could never play for Liverpool we would have missed out on Sturridge and Salah.

Wingtips1, soccershaggy and SamScouse repped this.
  22. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah...but...:(:cool:

(In reality...I’m much better with Chelski now than I was when JoMo was managing them...but I still have this taste in my mouth...)

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's the wages he is on and will be looking for (and you can bet your bottom dollar he wants one last pay day.) which I think will scupper any potential deal.

24. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, quite possibly , RB. If we are interested( and I have no idea that we are ) you can be guaranteed we won't be the only club so Willian will be able to choose which club he wants. I'm sure every offer will be lucrative so it will probably come down to what Willian wants...ie the biggest pay day or longest deal or perhaps to play for a particular club or manager or which club looks strongest etc etc.

From our end Lallana is going and Clyne too so that's a fair wad of salary right there we could potentially ante up. As much as I'd be happy to get him I believe it's a long shot . I really don't expect the club to do much if any business at all.

25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones extended his contract last week.

Elliott signed his first pro contract today.

good to see. Now these guys need to kick on and not go the way of Ojo (I thought he would be a great player).

LiverpoolFanatic and Suss repped this.