LIVE Webcast about Portuguese Soccer every Monday & Thursday @ 8PM EST

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ChopSoccerDude, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Good job guys. WFAN should sign you guys and give you your own show :), but you have to add a Benfiquista to the show too.

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    You cares about WFAN, the don't like Soccer,

880 AM at least during the soccer season they cover the Metrostars games

3. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks everyone for your comments...greatly appreciated :)
    We try our best, it takes alot of our time in research and all but gotta admit you guys specially helps us out alot.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Gotta check out 880 AM... thanks Frank! ;)

4. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    trust me Benfica Fan... I just haven't had the time to look for the stuff we need to make a Mic. output into 3 Mics... I promise I will try in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for your participation Benfica fan... show up on Mondays we have a nice Trivia quiz (3 questions)

5. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I usually listen to WCBS for the Yankees games, I didn't know that they talk about soccer on there. Yea, I know WFAN hates soccer, but I like listening to their talk shows.

6. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm in school all day on Mondays, so it's a little more difficult to listen to the show.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you can listen on tape within 20 minutes after the show

8. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks Frank.

9. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    as a matter of fact tonight's show is already available. Just finished putting it there.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you can give him the link for the page

11. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I got it Frank, thanks anyways.

12. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    You've got be out of your mind.
    If it wasn't for head balls, you would even seen him in the game.
    He has no ball control, GETWITH IT.
    Maybe after he finishes his phyciatrict sessions, he realize to learn how to move his feet.

13. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    You might not like him, but you can't say he sucks. In my opinion he's the best central defender in Portugal. That's why he was called to the Brazilian National Team.

14. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    So was Polga. Center defenders ever since the late seventies, need to be better ball controlers due to the more possesion soccer being played. I don't have any predige on him, but nowadays you need to have foot skills to be a center defender. I can name at leat ten that are better then him over all. Soccer is just not corner kicks or crosses, he's only there for that purpose.

15. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Luisao is a solid defender, he get's the job done and he's decent with his feet. I would take Luisao over any other central defender in the SuperLiga. Alot of big clubs outside Portugal are interested in Luisao. You're not going to change my opinion, even though I don't agree with yours I do respect it.

16. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    The way Benfica plays he fits in well (kick and run style), but on a team that plays possesion ball he wouldn't have a chance. Otherwise he would be in Real Madrid by now, and you could recuperate or make some money.
    Don't forget he was on the market, and nobody tool him.

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Almost every team in Portugal plays kick and run style at times, some more than others. Benfica became that kind of team this season with Trappatoni. Sporting does play possesion at times, and other times they play kick and run style too. Benfica never had Luisao on the market because Benfica didn't want to sell him.

18. ERA_Verde

ERA_Verde New Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Neither player deserved it. I have seen plenty of players week in and week out give sound reasons to be red carded (EX: Bruno Aguiar and M. Garcia this weekend), and the referee either turns the other cheek or gives them " um amarelo alaranjado". Then a "love tap" happens and players are sent off.

The problem is the duality in the criteria used to give out the red cards. Some refs don't need much of a reason to card players on certain teams....

19. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I don't think in this case it was with players on certain teams getting carded. Had it been Joao Pereira giving Hugo Viana a light punch, Joao Pereira would of been sent off. Hugo Viana hit Joao Pereira because he wanted to, he lost his temper (he had a hard tackle on Joao Pereira just before the light punch). Hugo Viana simply gave the referee a reason to give him the red card. I agree that Bruno Aguiar and Miguel Garcia both deserved red cards, but because they didn't get them doesn't mean Hugo Viana should not of gotten it. Sporting fans should blame Hugo Viana for the red card, he brought it on himself.

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    to Paulo Silva from Union and you taught I was crazy when I pick Braga to go all the way, I could see you were in shock

21. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There's still a long way to go Frank :cool:

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed, although Braga continues to impress, does not shy away even when playing at the Dragao. They are for real, the D, midfield and forwards are top notch. They have a great bunch of guys, they are very confident and totally deserved to beat Porto today. I still don't believe they'll win it all though, if Porto can't do it then Sporting will be the ones taking it. Just my opinion.

23. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I totally agree with u, i think the fight for first will come down between Porto and Scp. I think will start to see Braga fade away in the next couple of weeks IMO :cool:

24. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    their problem will be when players like Joao Alves, Nem, Wender and Joao Tomas go down because of injury or just plain tired because of the # of games; there are no comparable replacements to some of these guys. We'll see w/ time. I'm not a believer in them taking it all, just yet :cool:

25. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Neither am I. Now, if this is week 29 and they are in the same position, I may obviosly be of a different opinion, but don't start breaking out the champagne just yet. At this rate, I think Braga would be happy with a spot in Europe - any spot, for that matter. Depth will be a huge issue as this team just doesn't have capable replacements, and perhaps the strain and pressure of being near or at the top will get to them. We have a lot of football left to play to start parading this team as the new campeao...