Live chat with the GM of Fox soccer.

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by simont, Sep 11, 2011.

1. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Someone should ask him what the whole "Rangers negotiating with FSC" thing that came about a month ago and hasn't been mentioned since. I've gotta work at that time so I can't ask myself.

3. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking of geting on and geting in on this if i do i dont mind asking him for you.

4. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    It's cool that he did this, but what a wank. It took him 6 minutes to answer a question about the sets for their in-house productions and then he concludes by answering some question from the Fox online guy which was a softball question designed to get an explanation of re-branding. Very few of the other questions were of substance, although I assume they just decided not to post those questions of substance or answer them, which is typical of Fox's customer relations.

5. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So nothing to note i missd it.

6. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Here's the gist:

Q: Why doesn't Fox get the rights to La Liga?
    A: There are currently 3 La Liga teams playing in the Champions League and we have acquired the rights to Europa League starting next year, which will feature more La Liga teams.

Q: How come there were problems with this weekend's EPL games on fox internet?
    A: We feel bad about that and are working to make Fox the premier spot for soccer in america.

Q: Why do you use the term soccer when everyone else calls it footall?

You see, nothing of value. Maybe the question about foxsoccer.tv made sense, but the rest was useless (say the bitter guy who wants them to get rid of the crawl that runs for 45 minutes on delayed games on FS+ and to stop with the editing of games on Deportes).