Little Help with a Band Name?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by billyireland, Apr 22, 2006.

1. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Not sure if anybody can help me out here because it's pretty vague, but I'll give ti a shot anyway. I was out on the tear last night when some song came on that sounded very good on my drunken ears. I was then talking to some random guy outside whilst having a smoke later about them, and he was saying he has a few of their albums. Apparently their name is something like Eaglestar All Stars or something along those lines (I was hammered if truth be told), and they do remixes or covers or something (yes, I was flutered) of bands like Pink Floyd.

Anyway I woke up this morning with no recollection whatsoever of what their stuff that was on sounded like, and only the vaguest memory of their name. Anybody got any ideas on what it might be?

2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Too much alcohol? :)

3. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy Star All Stars

google is the bomb, yo!

rep me. ;)

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Waaay ahead of you on the rep. ;)

I Yahoo'd for it (yes, some people still use Yahoo), but couldn't come up with any results that rang any bells. Thanks a million... and I'm still a little sick about seeing you win at our place.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Just a touch ;). It went from that place right beside the Phil Lynott statue just of Grafton St. (it's a known place, but I can't remember the name right now) to Capital on Aungier St. close to DBS, to 2 different places nearer the DIT side of Aungier St., to *Red Box, to the Palace and finally into the Pod. the night raped my pockets, but it was worth it. :D

*My passport went AWOL during the week, so I had to use a ropey fake provisional a mate made on the fly for me a while back, before a trip to the States. It worked over there, but the bouncer gave it a look and asked me if I had any real I.D. with me. I told him I would bring out real ID if I was going to a real club, and not an underage E-filled kip. He looked ready to deck me, but (as always) there were a lot of Gards near to the entrance.

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did you make sure you bowed down to the statue? He's the best damn thing to come out of Ireland! Thin Lizzy rules all!

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Nah, it is literally right aroudn the corner from the front door of my college.

8. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    Billy - name is right on. Dub Side of the Moon is the album of Floyd Its really good. They are working on a RadioDub album now.

p.s.- re: you avatar - I met the real Dude on Thursday night at a concert here.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But isn't it be every Irishman's inherent duty to bow down or at least pray to Phil Lynott?

10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    That should be interesting alright (RadioDub).

As for meeting Jeff Bridges, that's cool. Fantastic actor, meant to be a nice guy.

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    He's alright. No Luke Kelly, mind you.

12. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    i was only partly responsible for the win. may condolences abound to yer.

13. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    Not Jeff Bridges...the Dude...the guy who's life Big Lebowski is based on.

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Oooohhh, lol! Must have been interesting, to say the least...