Lippi Lines up Friendly with Brazil

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Regency, Jul 3, 2005.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    haha.

2. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Whens Italias next friendly or qualifyer. HAs lippi said nething about the team of late

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Their next friendly is August 17th in Ireland. Then they have 2 qualifiers in early September. Lippi has said that the players he chooses for these upcoming games are more or less the players he is thinking of bringing to Germany.

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Italy's upcoming schedule;

Aug 17 - Ireland (friendly, in Dublin)
    Sept 3 - Scotland (WCQ, away)
    Sept 7 - Belarus (WCQ, away)
    Oct 8 - Slovenia (WCQ, home)
    Oct 12 - Moldova (WCQ, home)
    Nov 12 and 16 - reserved for WCQ playoffs or friendlies
    Mar 1 - Germany (friendly)

5. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    wow looking at the WQC's in their schedule really makes realize how easy the azzurris group was i mean look the only team who posed any threat was norway (and this was hardly a threat at all) this means that the friendlies that italy has are going to be very important to help the team get on form hopefully italy can convince another strong team to play on the 12th or the 16th

6. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    READ THE TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD...LIPPI LINES UP BRAZIL FRIENDLY FOR THAT DATE, moron

7. G.PAGLIA

G.PAGLIA New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Coventry,U.K
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :)

8. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    there are 2 dates available I meant to face brazil on one date and then play a freindly against another team on the other date

9. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    this dbomb guy is becoming very frustrating.

10. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    del piero is done, he was never good and never will be, change your name, your just embarrasing yourself

11. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    First you state stick to the thread than you make comments on an italian player, bro you contradict yourself so much, just leave

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys can you please stop this bickering and running the thread off-track. If you want to fight about Del Piero, start a specific thread about him or PM each other.

13. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    actually im pretty sure their is a forum but back on topic italy definatly must get their starting eleven together by the game with ireland on the 17th so that they have time to gel together if italy hopes to beat brazil

14. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    But Lippi has so many options i dont think he will be ready by than, i really think Lippi still wants to see how a lot of players with attitude turn out to see if he wants to bring them

15. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    we all know where you are going with that, forget it del piero is finished, I hate to break it to you, there will be no call up for him, sorry

16. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You mean if he becomes the leading scorer in Seria A for 2006 you would leave him at home ?

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    In all honesty, it would not be the first time. I recall many top goalscorers that did not really figure big with the NT, e.g., Hubner and even Signori.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hubner is an excellent example. He scored 24 goals in the season before WC 2002, but Trap said that he was old and would get tired. Also, he didn't call Di Vaio either, who scored 20+ for Parma that season. Instead, he called up Del Vecchio, who scored 3 goals that season.

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Let us also not forget that Crap-attoni selected Delvecchio before Baggio. LOL.

20. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    I think it was because BAggio was injured wasnt he coming off a broken leg Gumba.

21. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Does this mean there is a good chance that Lucarelli wont be selecte for the WC next year because i would really not like that

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He was injured in the early part of the season. However, Trap promised that he would take him if he was able to come back from injury and play well. The prognosis was that Baggio would not be able to come back healthy. Baggio defied odds and returned from injury to have a marvelous end of the season. Everyone in Italy was calling for Baggio's inclusion (except for Totti and ADP). Crap-pattoni broke his promise.

23. Ivan Basso

Ivan Basso New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Guelph, Ontario
    I have noticed that ADP IS BETTER IN ROLE AS A SUBSTITUTE THAN STARTER. Maybe I am wrong

24. LA CURVA SUD ROMA

LA CURVA SUD ROMA BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 24, 2005
    Montreal
    has anyone heard lately if this game will still be on in november?

25. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It still all depends on whether Italy is in the UEFA playoffs or not.